Jonathon Garvin 2017 = Joe Jackson 2016

Trescerocinco

Retired staff
Premium
Do you guys believe that Garvin can make a similar impact next season to the one Jackson had this season. With coach kool's coaching I believe Garvin is gonna be a star he has demonstrated Incredible burst of line of scrimmage and great use of hands I think he is gonna be an impact freshman without a doubt

Advertisement
Do you guys believe that Garvin can make a similar impact next season to the one Jackson had this season. With coach kool's coaching I believe Garvin is gonna be a star he has demonstrated Incredible burst of line of scrimmage and great use of hands I think he is gonna be an impact freshman without a doubt

Hard to see him getting as much burn as JJ did last year, but with Chad and Trent gone after this year, he's going to be a beast in 2018.

I do hes a freak athletically also if he is here as an early enrolled he will have the time in the weight room and spring practice to get playing time

I think it will be hard to make the kind of impact JJ did considering our depth, but he will certainly push for playing time. Helps a lot that he is an EE.

Never know. A lot of people didnt think JJ would get a lot of burn but then we lost AQM and Patchan...

Advertisement
I don't see Garvin having a major impact this year. He's 223 lbs vs 250 for Joe Jackson coming in. As he himself said, he needs to get bigger and stronger.

More likely, I'm looking for DJ Johnson to make some noise this year at DE. I can see him getting some burn on obvious passing downs, e.g. 3rd and 10. He's 6'4", 240 right now. Maybe even an inside rusher replacing Norton on those long yardage plays. Gonna be a beast.

I don't see Garvin getting as many opportunities as Joe Jackson since we did have players missing at DE. Would be interesting to see how Big Garvin has gotten since his time on campus

Advertisement
Football is a violent sport, that's why you need depth. If one of our starters is out, we need Garvin to step in and play like he will never cede the position back. I could see him doing some damage if he's called.

I don't see JG getting burn like that. In fact, if you can, I would RS either him or DJ next year, if you can. Our Depth at DE is outstanding, and RS year would go a long way for development purposes, and if came down to a freshman DE getting major burn next year, something went wrong, or that dude is having All-American year.

Kids going to be very good but as others have stated he isn't going to get the PT that Jackson got this year barring some unforeseen injuries.

Advertisement
How nice is it that we can sub 4 at a time on the line and not really drop off talent or production wise.I have missed these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a legit 3 deep right now at each end. They need to redshirt these guys if everyone's healthy.

Advertisement
Garvin is why D. Jackson should be kicked inside to tackle. Both need to see the field.

Him being an EE will help a lot.

I truly believe that Garvin is going to be something special by the time he is done here. I don't know if next year he will play as much because of all the depth we have at the DE position, but don't worry he will shine soon enough

Advertisement
Back