deleted3746

• Planned trip to Miami this weekend was cancelled due to financial reasons
  • A planned trip to Vanderbilt last weekend was cancelled as well
  • Adelson on ITU expects Hilliman to commit to Rutgers in the next few weeks
  • Miami offered him early and Donofrio was on him hard the last few months
  • Going forward, RB recruiting will focus on Cook and Fournette per Adelson

http://miami.247sports.com/Board/92/RB-Jonathan-Hilliman-Update-20407284

Advertisement
this class will be kind of a letdown if we cant get both Cook and Fournette.

Advertisement
Thats to bad about him not making the trip. The kid should wait to commit until he can take official visits which wouldn't cost anything for him and 1 parent/guardian.

Go Canes

Thats to bad about him not making the trip. The kid should wait to commit until he can take official visits which wouldn't cost anything for him and 1 parent/guardian.

Go Canes
I agree. If kids have interest in a school, but can't afford an unofficial, why not wait until they take an official visit?

Advertisement

Go Canes
I agree. If kids have interest in a school, but can't afford an unofficial, why not wait until they take an official visit?

Exactly or pool the money and only take 1 unofficial trip to Miami ( of course) with 1 parent. I think rutgers is givng him the press to commit based on the following story.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/07/rutgers_recruiting_top_nj_running_back_jonathan_hilliman_breaks_down_ru_visit_to_decide_the_week_of.html

Rutgers recruiting: Top N.J. RB, Jonathan Hilliman, high on RU after visit; to decide the week of August 12
Rutgers class of 2014 RB offeree, Jonathan Hilliman

Todderick Hunt, NJ.com By Todderick Hunt, NJ.com on July 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM, updated July 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Jonathan Hilliman would add to the Rutgers offense something they haven't had for a long while, now: A big, bruising running back who does his best work inside the tackle box. The 6-1, 235-pound St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) standout took a visit to Rutgers campus, Friday, with his mother and father, and left with a better idea of what the Scarlet Knights have in store for him... if he were to choose to go there.

The Jersey City school representative holds upwards of 30 offers, but Rutgers' most serious competition appears generated by the Ohio State Buckeyes. But with the Big Ten's top dog in position to land a number of their top targets, teams in competition for some of these prospects' services are sitting right where they need to be.

"I only had one day at Rutgers and a whole weekend at Ohio State. And I might have seen more at Ohio State because I was there longer. But I got just as much, if not more information at Rutgers than I did that whole weekend," he said.
According to Hilliman, that information included an academic presentation, information on the quality of the training staff and interaction with the coaching staff. But one glaring question the Hillimans had pertained to the depth at the running back position.
"I know they have two guys committee already from my class," he said. "But the depth after Savon (Huggins) leaves will be up in the air, pretty much, for anyone to go get it."

The three-back competition for what has been considered Rutgers' final running back spot in the class of 2014, was also addressed.

"My dad and I, we both made sure to ask that question. And they said there is no time frame for me to make a decision," said Hilliman. "They told me I'm a priority and when I'm ready to commit, that will be the time. That was pretty cool to hear."
What did Hilliman's parents think of the visit?

"They thought it was great," Hilliman said. "They got a lot of new information, as well, and they are very excited about the direction the program is going in."

Hilliman is closing in on a decision. He plans to take two additional unofficial visits, then end the recruiting process a couple weeks before the start of the 2013 high school football season.

"I'm just taking two more trips, actually," Hilliman said. "I'm going to Vanderbilt on the 2nd and Miami on August 11th.
"And I'm gonna make my final decision on the 2nd week of August, the week of the August 12th."
Two schools in Hilliman's previous top six schools have been removed from the picture: Michigan and Alabama. The Wolverines have informed Hilliman that they are no longer recruiting the running back position while the Crimson Tide, although interested, didn't seem, to him, quite interested enough.
Is Hilliman coming to Rutgers?

"It's a good possibility, after today, it's a really good possibility," he answered. "I thought about it and have been talking to a lot of guys who committed to Rutgers and a lot of guys who are thinking about it. And they are, pretty much, on the same page as me.

"It would be great to go to Rutgers and be that class to bring a national championship to New Jersey. And that's always been on my mind since my sophomore year. There is a very good possibility. That's all I can say at the moment."

Alonso (Fla.) running back, Ish Witter, who visited Tuesday, and Qadree Ollison of Canisius (Buffalo, N.Y.) who has visited on multiple occasions, are two additional running backs considering joining Rutgers' recruiting class of 2014.
Witter is slated to make his decision on August 1, while Ollison will decide the week of Sept. 9.

reading between the lines. we have powell. I think its cook or bust at rb. I suspect this kid's recruitment has fallen off some, as I thought before reading he was dropped by Michigan and Alabama isn't really recruiting him.

Advertisement
no shot at fournette, stop it.
not trolling. I doubt Hilliman has a committable offer today.

Advertisement
With Rutgers recruiting class falling apart and with Miami needing a power back for the 2014 class UM should make another run at Jonathan Hilliman. He has run for 1900yds and 30TD's this season with the State Title gams remaining, he will pass the 2k mark easily. He runs with power and gets up to speed quickly.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/11/rutgers_recruiting_jonathan_hilliman_rutgers_rb_co mmit_breaks_savon_huggins_single-season_rushing_re.html

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;7p1lOqM1qzg]http://youtu.be/7p1lOqM1qzg[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back