Jonathan Garvin

On a defense with a whole bunch of future NFL stars, Garvin has the highest ceiling. He made the 1st round OT look like a **** turnstile.

Agreed. A lot of NFL talent on this defense but Garvin has top 5 potential.

Last week he used a coaching tape caliber rip move for the stripsack just like Coach Kool taught those Mizzou DEs for years. Last night he showed the speed (and hand use) to beat a 1st round LT to the edge from the 4i alignment (inside shade of the T). I don't think I'll ever see another true freshman make plays like that. It's absurd.

Advertisement
Perhaps the most gifted natural pass rusher we've seen here. He is 4 months removed from his 18th birthday.

Good god, he's in the Amobi Okoye territory of youth..kinda scary to think about Garvin as a pass rusher at the age of 20

When did that dog arrive on campus? June?? Jesus.

Im pretty sure Garvin was an EE and DJ came in the summer. Can't be understated how important it is for true freshman to EE if at all possible.

Dallas, Bandy, and Garvin were all EEs right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Garvin isn't half as good as he's going to be when his body fills out after 2-3 years in the weight room and tutelage under Kool. This kid is giving LT's the business.

That sack, strip, fumble recovery vs. a 5th-year, "1st rounder" was so huge. His ceiling is way up. Last CANE DE with get off like him was Rusty Medaris imo.

That's who I thought of also. Incredible first step. Hopefully he has better luck with his health than Medearis.

That young man will have a long career in the League as long as he works hard and stays out of trouble. 2 straight strip sacks with recoveries in 2 weeks against elite competition. That man deserves his own thread today.

I agree with your post. I'm just curious to why you felt the need to say "as long as he works hard and stays out of trouble"

Seems a little strange to make such a statement considering that the kid has done nothing but work his tail off to the point where he, as a true freshman, is a part of the rotation on the best D-Line in the country. Also, Richt/Kool have both song Garvin's praises regarding his character.

I'm just curious to what you were implying by the statement, that's all!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back