Jon Richt heading to Oregon tomorrow to visit Michael Johnson Jr.

Advertisement
I have plenty of trust in Lil Richt, but man do I wish we had a TE on MJJ's team that we were recruiting. Hartley would have locked them both up by now!

Advertisement
I have plenty of trust in Lil Richt, but man do I wish we had a TE on MJJ's team that we were recruiting. Hartley would have locked them both up by now!
He’s gotten everyone he has targeted for better or for worse. He has proven to be a good recruiter till this point. I trust him.

I really hope we get this kid hes a weapon at qb!!! I trust lil Richt isnt throwin all of his eggs in a basket for nothin! Hopefully anyway lol!

Advertisement
I really hope we get this kid hes a weapon at qb!!! I trust lil Richt isnt throwin all of his eggs in a basket for nothin! Hopefully anyway lol!
I think they know Williams is the real deal, and he will be around a few years. This gives them the ability to take a risk on one high caliber QB this cycle. Also, they must feel confident in a 2020 guy. We are in a good position to take this approach, in my opinion.

I don’t get why he’s our only target that’s just not smart. He clearly doesn’t care about being the only guy recruited at his position

I think they know Williams is the real deal, and he will be around a few years. This gives them the ability to take a risk on one high caliber QB this cycle. Also, they must feel confident in a 2020 guy. We are in a good position to take this approach, in my opinion.

Better feel good above Weldon and Perry both sticking around too, otherwise if we strike out here we are ****ED.

My thinking, too.

Advertisement
Depends what you all mean by the "real deal". To me, if he's that good, you don't get him for a few years because he goes pro.

Not saying he is a pro, just saying if he's pro caliber he is not likely here for any longer than he has to be.

2017_2018_e07865a8-c9f5-4f2b-870a-b0c1397269e2_1024x1024.jpg

If he wants early playing time, fine.

But he also needs to realize, wherever he goes, he is still going to have to compete with someone for the position. It could be Martinez at Nebraska, or Williams at Miami, or someone else somewhere else, but he’ll be competing against somebody.

Nobody is handing him the keys to the Rolls-Royce when he sets foot on campus.

I just don’t see how the “playing early” concept fits anywhere mentioned better than anywhere else. There is still going to be competition.

Advertisement
Yes we are i think we got brad Johnson son for 2020 hes really good hears hes pretty much a lock close to the Richt family! MJJ is a duel threat to the fullest but he can throw reminds me of a mixture of willams an kosi has kosi speed an willams throwing ability pretty good id say!

Yes we are i think we got brad Johnson son for 2020 hes really good hears hes pretty much a lock close to the Richt family! MJJ is a duel threat to the fullest but he can throw reminds me of a mixture of willams an kosi has kosi speed an willams throwing ability pretty good id say!

Richt being his uncle you are probably right that he is close to the family.

Depends what you all mean by the "real deal". To me, if he's that good, you don't get him for a few years because he goes pro.

Not saying he is a pro, just saying if he's pro caliber he is not likely here for any longer than he has to be.
3 years minimum, which means he will be here through the 2020 season at least. That means the next QB will start in 2021, IF Williams leaves after only three years. That's why I believe the staff can go all in on one guy this recruiting cycle. It doesn't mean they won't sign one if MJJ decides to go elsewhere, but it's simply not a situation of panic if he does.

Jon Richt should just stand outside his window holding a boom box over his head playing 80’s love songs until he commits

Advertisement
Back