2024 Jon Mitchell 4* CB from Jacksonville

It wasn’t the case with o-line. We have landed big o-linemen that just didn’t pan out. KC McDermott was a 5 star at one point he ended up still being ranked a top 50 player and was 3rd at his positon. Darling in the same class was top 100 and was the 9th ranked OT. Flowers was just outside the top 150 at 158. We got walker and rivers. There has been a few others like bar milo.

But look at DT we currently only have one DT that was ranked a 4-5 star and that was LT. Only three CB that were 4 star recruits and 2 not even on campus yet.
I don’t think guys like KC & Darling are on the level of what we just brought to campus in this 2023 class. And we delivered at o line under dire need and tremendous pressure. We’re just now in the same position with DT. We’ll see if we can get it done and grab 2-3 difference makers this cycle. A major national analyst like Wiltfong seems to think we’re inclined to get it done and I hope he’s right.

Advertisement
That was the case with OL and we broke the cycle. It can be done with DT/CB. Gotta let it play out. I feel better about any trench position right now vs a skill guy.
We are for sure breaking that at DT this year especially if LT balls out on the field.

Stafford and Damari are better from a skill point of view than anything we recently landed. Even getn involved with Cormani was another level. Give these guys some time to build. Every disappointment cant be met with outright dishonesty. We recruited fighting the worse season i seen us play, even that 5-7 season with Randy was not as terrible in that we knew it was rock bottom and we were not far removed from being elite. I think this year gonna be opposite of last year. Low expectations, better performances.

I don’t think guys like KC & Darling are on the level of what we just brought to campus in this 2023 class. And we delivered at o line under dire need and tremendous pressure. We’re just now in the same position with DT. We’ll see if we can get it done and grab 2-3 difference makers this cycle. A major national analyst like Wiltfong seems to think we’re inclined to get it done and I hope he’s right.
They weren’t on the same level but at the time we believed they were going to be the guys lol. We definitely need to get it done at DT and Mario knows it too

Advertisement
The issue is beyond a coach atp. I just mentioned the other day that this program can’t recruit CB or DT. And it’s been a problem for over 15 years

We'll correct DT this cycle. Not sure what's wrong at at CB right now. But if it isn't corrected, as well, then expect a new coach. Mario isn't fooling around.

Advertisement
Back