2024 Jon Mitchell 4* CB from Jacksonville

Advertisement
Weird timing but not too concerned. But to their credit, PSU been putting tons of DBs into the league last few years.

If he isn't signed then I'm not concerned yet. There's a whole season left to show what this defense can do and where he fits...and he's a Florida kid so he hasn't seen Happy Valley in the winter yet...keep chipping away at him

Advertisement
It’s not an either-or situation. Addae has been a dud on the trail thus far. DVD is becoming best known as the bridesmaid the past two cycles for the elite recruits he was most closely linked with (Shemar & McClain).

There’s plenty of time to close on other premier CB targets in this cycle, but it’s been more of the same thus far when it comes to unacceptable DB recruiting with this new regime. McClain & Jackson bolting late left last year’s class paper thin and we have guys like Porter & Couch set for significant playing time. No bueno.

We need elite cover corners with next level athletic traits, measurables, and ball skills. Addae & DVD either need to get it done or GTFO.

Last edited:
It’s not an either-or situation. Addae has been a dud on the trail thus far. DVD is becoming best known as the bridesmaid the past two cycles (Shemar & McClain).

There’s plenty of time to close on other premier CB targets in this cycle, but it’s been more of the same thus far when it comes to unacceptable DB recruiting with this new regime. McClain & Jackson bolting late left last year’s class paper thin and we have guys like Porter & Couch set for significant playing time. No bueno.

We need elite cover corners with next level athletic traits, measurables, and ball skills. Addae & DVD either need to get it done or GTFO.
I don’t think we can put the current results at db recruiting on par with Manny or Richt just yet. Those regimes I doubt land a kid like Damari Brown. But the db coaches are definitely on the clock this cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The issue is beyond a coach atp. I just mentioned the other day that this program can’t recruit CB or DT. And it’s been a problem for over 15 years
We have had problems recruiting multiple positions for years. OT was one and that got fixed last year. Also our haul at CB was a disappointment last year because of what happened with Cormani but it was the best class in a while.

Advertisement
That was the case with OL and we broke the cycle. It can be done with DT/CB. Gotta let it play out. I feel better about any trench position right now vs a skill guy.
It wasn’t the case with o-line. We have landed big o-linemen that just didn’t pan out. KC McDermott was a 5 star at one point he ended up still being ranked a top 50 player and was 3rd at his positon. Darling in the same class was top 100 and was the 9th ranked OT. Flowers was just outside the top 150 at 158. We got walker and rivers. There has been a few others like bar milo.

But look at DT we currently only have one DT that was ranked a 4-5 star and that was LT. Only three CB that were 4 star recruits and 2 not even on campus yet.

The issue is beyond a coach atp. I just mentioned the other day that this program can’t recruit CB or DT. And it’s been a problem for over 15 years
I mean two positions that a lot of cash gets thrown around for. We don’t have a money problem with NIL. I don’t care about the 15 years prior as relates to this. Land some studs or keep it pushing

Advertisement
Back