Jon Linder on WQAM post-game thinks Kequote could get the axe

ES,

No need to get the panties bunched. Larry seems to be a grown man who can defend himself. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't EVERYONE here originally from grassy? Strange comment. If you help run this site, I hope I'm not disinvited.
Don't have panties bunched. No need to be so defensive. You went at Larry for a comment, and I just asked why the need? If you're from grassy, you'll know that that type of response was common over there. Just think we can leave it over there.

Advertisement
the run game was getting stuffed all game.. BC said "jacory, beat us".. he couldn't

IF Urban does get the OSU job why not the line coach from there?

If Kehoe is fired who would you replace him with?

A few names that interest me.....

Mike Markuson:
He is on the Ole Miss staff that has been recently fired.
He's a good coach. Did good work at Arkansas and Ole Miss the first few years.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/markuson_mike00.html

Greg Adkins:
CUrrently the OLine coach at Syracuse.
Previously worked at Tennessee.
Good recruiter as well and knows the southeast.

http://suathletics.syr.edu/coaches.aspx?rc=465&path=football

Andrew Dees
Not my choice. But he coached the Oline for Golden at Temple.
And he's available.

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060311aab.html

Mike Foley
He's had some good, tough OLines at UConn...
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/foley_mike00.html

Here's a thought from a Gator.

Watching your game yesterday against BC it seemed like your OC wanted to run a scheme that didn't necessarily fit what you guys have upfront. Miami has a huge o-lineman, yet rarely were they running straight ahead. I saw a lot of stretch plays and most were ineffective because it seems to me your o-line is not nearly as mobile as you typically want in a zone scheme. Guys weren't getting up to the second level at all. It would seem to me the run game would improve if you guys leaned on the d-line and went ahead a bit more. I know against VT you guys inserted a 6th lineman and leaned on them the entire game. I haven't watched much of your games to see if that was a constant but I didn't see that against BC.

This post is spot on

I cringe every time we run the stretch as if UM is the 98 Denver Broncos

Watching your game yesterday against BC it seemed like your OC wanted to run a scheme that didn't necessarily fit what you guys have upfront. Miami has a huge o-lineman, yet rarely were they running straight ahead. I saw a lot of stretch plays and most were ineffective because it seems to me your o-line is not nearly as mobile as you typically want in a zone scheme. Guys weren't getting up to the second level at all. It would seem to me the run game would improve if you guys leaned on the d-line and went ahead a bit more. I know against VT you guys inserted a 6th lineman and leaned on them the entire game. I haven't watched much of your games to see if that was a constant but I didn't see that against BC.

Advertisement
ES,

I appreciate EVERY insider that brings info on my beloved Canes, and if I thought someone took an unfair stab at any of them, I'd probably say something. That's just the kinda guy I am. I love the fact that there's another good board out there. Capitalism is a wonderful thing and I'm thinking it improves both sites, along with the others out there. It would be nice if all the Cane boards stopped sniping at eachother, but maybe that's just competition.

No, we haven't done that since the VT game. The formation gave us beef against obviously lighter DE's and OLB's and we just went straight at them, which I agree plays to the strength of our OL. I admit it's strange we haven't seen that formation since VT.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The reason we run stretch plays and slow-developing ones is because our OL gets it's **** pushed in every time we try to run straight ahead.

How many times have we failed on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 this season? I've lost count. So if we can't run straight ahead when it really matters and counts the most what makes people think that should be our game plan on a weekly basis?

However, when we get rid of Kehoe and Swasey then I'm all for trying to run it down people throats every game.

Said something about others having to step in and help with the o-line.

Didn't sound encouraging for Kequote's return.

The coach is not the problem here....Our players are soft wet weak dumb pussies....The recruiting of stupidity and quitters started when Coker was here and it will be hard to move out of this mindset until all of these players are gone....Until the toilet is completely flushed we will have quitters on our team and the team will continue to suck and suffer.

The reason we run stretch plays and slow-developing ones is because our OL gets it's **** pushed in every time we try to run straight ahead.

How many times have we failed on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 this season? I've lost count. So if we can't run straight ahead when it really matters and counts the most what makes people think that should be our game plan on a weekly basis?

However, when we get rid of Kehoe and Swasey then I'm all for trying to run it down people throats every game.

My thoughts exactly. From the first game of the year (against an undersized Marylant DL), our supposedly dominant OL, cannot get a push for us to make 3rd/4th and shorts. it has been a consistent problem all year for a group that was touted as our strength.

Next year's offensive line is shaping up as Seantrel, Washington, Linder, Figueroa and Bunche. All five of those guys look like NFL players. That needs to be a dominant unit and I'm not sure Kehoe is up for it. I supported giving him a chance but he may have blown it.

Unfortunately we might have the same old problem. I'm not sure that line is quick enough or mean enough to get the job done. Figueroa is slow. Washington is fine but not a great pull guard--solid drive blocker. Seantrel is a pass protector only at this point. What this line needs is a Chris Myers at guard and a Joaquin Gonzalez at tackle. What is has is too many soft, pudgy, massive kids who announcers keep telling us are really good but get blown by time after time and trudge back to the huddle quietly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back