Jon Ford coming back for another season

I was being facetious. Jon had 19 total tackles. The kid just isn't productive. He had 1.5 TFL and 0 sacks.
I understand and I definitely don’t disagree that he should be more disruptive in general. 1.5 tfl and o sack on a scheme that allows the Dline to be productive is definitely a big disturbing. Hopefully he takes the next step

Advertisement
What's holding him back in your opinion? I always thought there was more to him than he's shown
He plays to high, Isnt that strong and doesnt have that type of motor. He is a heavy foot kid.
He gets moved off of his land mark to easy...also likes to go to a swim move alot and gets washed.

Glad to have him back though as most of our dts need real weight and he can play that role. Miller hasnt showed enough to be more than a maybe 10 snap a game guy so Ford can do that this year.

Allows for a sh*rt to Haye.

Last edited:
Excuse the ignorance but what do you mean by "hooper"?
Does it mean he jumped around to different High Schools?
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Coaches have raved about him the past few springs on Greentree. Hope he finally shows that production on Saturdays.

Has shown flashes, either way good for us.

Advertisement
He doesn’t need to see the field but good to have “depth” for the younger DTs to compete against.

He plays to high, Isnt that strong and doesnt have that type of motor. He is a heavy foot kid.
He gets moved off of his land mark to easy...also likes to go to a swim move alot and gets washed.

Glad to have him back though as most of our dts need real weight and he can play that role. Miller hasnt showed enough to be more than a maybe 10 snap a game guy so Ford can do that this year.

Spot on

Advertisement

great analysis. I find what you said read interesting while I saw this on twitter. Now Ford was real young in this video working with Simpson but you will hear multiple times in the video Jess getting on Ford for being too high. Seems like Ford has never fixed the problem.

let’s see if Jess can get him to take another step forward in his play.

great analysis. I find what you said read interesting while I saw this on twitter. Now Ford was real young in this video working with Simpson but you will hear multiple times in the video Jess getting on Ford for being too high. Seems like Ford has never fixed the problem.

let’s see if Jess can get him to take another step forward in his play.

Im hoping he has a coming out against Bama...with some success.

I watched him in a game in high school and he played the same way....(high)..i came ont he board and said he wasnt a guyt hat should play right away...and thats when everyone looked at him as a beast.

In the words of our own recruit (Haye - on a Canesville interview) "Dudes played lazy". He also talks about the different techniques and jobs of a DT. I think Simpson will bring more of an effort out of these guys. I just don't know how much more.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back