Jon Ford and DJ Johnson

Hstokes1447

Junior
Jon Ford and DJ Johnson look like they could be a nice DT duo before its all over.

cankaqbfjz1nqkado8jh.jpg

Advertisement
I can't recall the last DT we signed that looked as impressive as Ford does as a true freshman.Maybe Orien Harris but he wasn't as tall as Ford.

Advertisement
Move Johnson inside and let these dominate for the next 3-4 years

That will take a couple years. DJ has elite burst and shows high end leg strength. But he struggled when playing DT in the HS All Star game because needs more upper body strength. As it is right now, once an OG or OT gets his hands on DJ, he's toast.

Ford looks like an absolute tank. And he just got here. Can you imagine after a year in the S&C program? Those 3 will be special

Advertisement
If you're a top DB recruit in 2018, you look at that picture of the 3 True Frosh DL and beg Richt and Diaz to let you play for them. Easy money.

If you're a top DB recruit in 2018, you look at that picture of the 3 True Frosh DL and beg Richt and Diaz to let you play for them. Easy money.

This. You might seriously have a worse DL when you jump to the league than you would at Miami. I would hound Diaz and Co until they offered me.

Advertisement
We are moving towards a very flexible up the field d line. Johnson looks like he will have incredible position flexibility. I'd like to see another run stuffing load like norton to anchor the line on running downs going forward.

Move Johnson inside and let these dominate for the next 3-4 years

That will take a couple years. DJ has elite burst and shows high end leg strength. But he struggled when playing DT in the HS All Star game because needs more upper body strength. As it is right now, once an OG or OT gets his hands on DJ, he's toast.
People anticipate because he has gained some weight in recent months that his body will just naturally add weight. Guys on here act like the only reason they've gained 30 pounds since college is because of another year on their age (put down the funyons). He's in an ACC football S&C program. If they want him at this weight the rest of his career they can maintain that (and should). A DE with speed of guys 40lbs less will cause havoc on the edge.

Advertisement
We are moving towards a very flexible up the field d line. Johnson looks like he will have incredible position flexibility. I'd like to see another run stuffing load like norton to anchor the line on running downs going forward.

I thought it was customary to announce one's presence prior to posting.

The future looks bright! It's been a long time since we've had quality starters with uber talented D-linemen behind them... too **** long!

Advertisement
Back