Jon Ford and DJ Johnson

Advertisement
DJ is going to be a beast at SDE with his size and speed. Moving him inside permanently would diminish his best trait which is his speed.

DCs are going to have a hard time deciding who to double team over the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garvin looks like a old school cane man

I agree and have been saying that he looks more like Sean Taylor (resemblance) than any safety claiming ST 2.0, play wise I've had a feeling he will be just as impactful during his career here. Look into his eyes, he reminds me of the late Robert "Yummy" Sandifier of Chicago, who made the cover of Time magazine under unfortunate circumstances.

Ford has gotten way bigger since christmas.... at least 20-30 pounds..dontknow if thats good weight or bad weight

Advertisement
Ford has gotten way bigger since christmas.... at least 20-30 pounds..dontknow if thats good weight or bad weight
He's probably close to 300 pounds and doesn't look round, so it's pretty **** good weight for a kid who hasn't officially stepped foot in a college strength training and nutrition program. It's pretty evident his lower half can hold a lot of weight. Just look at the size of the kid's legs knee down. His legs are like California sequoias.

Jon "Freight Train" Ford.

He's probably close to 300 pounds and doesn't look round, so it's pretty **** good weight for a kid who hasn't officially stepped foot in a college strength training and nutrition program. It's pretty evident his lower half can hold a lot of weight. Just look at the size of the kid's legs knee down. His legs are like California sequoias.

Hope so... Ive seen him sevral times over the years..I just hope its not too much weight too fast...

Advertisement

Lower legs was my observation also. Kid's built like a tree waist down, but has athletic looking upper body. IMO he looks like he's make a heck of an OT.

Half this board is as slow as it gets.... the coaches aren't talking about DJ being a DT it's not happening. I can see it in packages like how we use Chad Thomas im certain situations that's it. **** I guess you clowns think If you post the same **** over and over it'll come true

Advertisement

Good thing there are actual pictures of him, so we don't have to settle for your guess.

Ford looks in unbelieveably good shape for someone who just showed up. Imagine what he will look like in a year

Ford, DJ, and Garvin look like kids from Jimmy and Butch era. Jumbo athletes. Big dudes, big asses, small waists, athletic ankles. Add some gold teeth and corn rows...we byck. (Garvin and the incoming blades have rows). Pinckney has golds. LOL...WE DEFINITELY BYCK!

Everyone always says you can't teach speed. So we get a guy that big who runs 11.2 and you want to put 40lbs on him and put him inside? Isn't that what everyone complained about under golden. I understand if the guy blows up due to genetics. But if this guy stays 270 with about 15% body fat you keep him on the end no? I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to cut his weight as we speak.

Advertisement
no, that's not what everyone complained about under golden. golden bulked them up and moved them the other way. this is the JJ way.
Kid will grow and add weight on his own. let's see how he develops in this upcoming offseason of eating right and lifting heavy weight.

Everyone always says you can't teach speed. So we get a guy that big who runs 11.2 and you want to put 40lbs on him and put him inside? Isn't that what everyone complained about under golden. I understand if the guy blows up due to genetics. But if this guy stays 270 with about 15% body fat you keep him on the end no? I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to cut his weight as we speak.
No one wants to force 40 pounds on him. People are already wrong on him. They said he wouldn't be able to gain so much weight. Kid just naturally got himself to almost 275 at the beginning of Fall camp of his True Frosh year.

Maybe the guy stays there now. Maybe he continues to naturally grow. But, bottom line is people are guessing. Educated guesses or not, we have little idea what a 17-18 year old's body is going to do unless you have much more family, nutrition and regiment information.

See here:
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/ryan-fines/115908/4

I still say just let the kid naturally eat and hit the weights. Don't artificially cut him or bloat him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back