Johnny Ford 18' - Coral Gables RB

BeachCanes

Sophomore
If anyone has seen him play in person, this dude is the most electrifying player from Dade. Listed at 5'8 170 lbs -- he constantly throws up the U as well.

Is he UM material? I don't believe he currently has an offer; does he project to be a RB at the next level? [video]http://www.hudl.com/v/1CrBL5[/video]

Advertisement
Has offers from FIU and FAU. He's a matchup nightmare, but might be best served in the spread. He's short but he packs a punch. I was telling a few people the other day that I think he's on the same level as Shaun Shivers from Chaminade.

He loves the U

Has offers from FIU and FAU. He's a matchup nightmare, but might be best served in the spread. He's short but he packs a punch. I was telling a few people the other day that I think he's on the same level as Shaun Shivers from Chaminade.

He loves the U

Thank you sir for the reply. Would love to have him as a scat back maybe even line him up in the slot. Could also be a KR/PR.
Let's hope the young man gets an offer.

Advertisement

He loves the U

Thank you sir for the reply. Would love to have him as a scat back maybe even line him up in the slot. Could also be a KR/PR.

Agree with you. This kid is explosive! KR and PR are naturals for him.

Sadly, his film didn't show whether he has catch passing skills. If he does, a hybrid RB/slot receiver could be a fit. Would love to see him on a jet sweep, something we don't have in our ****nal right now.

He loves the U

Who are the top targets at RB for us besides Lingard?I'm assuming we take 2 per year. Will this guy be a wait and see type of guy? Is Shivers a real possibility?

He loves the U

Agree with you. This kid is explosive! KR and PR are naturals for him.

Sadly, his film didn't show whether he has catch passing skills. If he does, a hybrid RB/slot receiver could be a fit. Would love to see him on a jet sweep, something we don't have in our ****nal right now.

This was last week. I know it's 7on7, but you can see that he has hands.

[TWEET]820133726663430145[/TWEET]

He loves the U

Who are the top targets at RB for us besides Lingard?I'm assuming we take 2 per year. Will this guy be a wait and see type of guy? Is Shivers a real possibility?

James Cook and Chris Curry come to mind

Advertisement
With Walton, Burns, and MacFarland all being "bigger" backs (not 220 bigger but in the 200 range) I wouldn't mind a rangy scat-back like this that we could move around the field.

Advertisement
This will probably play out that we don't offer and he ends up burning is at the next level. Kids a beast!

He loves the U

The staff needs to get on this kid his speed cant be denied. He reminds me of CJ Spiller

Advertisement
This will probably play out that we don't offer and he ends up burning is at the next level. Kids a beast!

Or we become his first offer of the big 3 n fla and he commits. Only to decommit for Florida or Bama.

Or we become his first offer of the big 3 n fla and he commits. Only to decommit for Florida or Bama.

That's the way to look at it . How about he close to the school we can be on him first . Lingard however you spell his name is the one they will be fighting for.

If we can't get Lingard or Cook I would think he lands an offer but Richt hasn't offered too many 2018 backs yet as I think Lingard, Cook and Christian Turner are the only interested backs with offers so who knows. I hope Chris Curry gets offered soon though.

If we can't get Lingard or Cook I would think he lands an offer but Richt hasn't offered too many 2018 backs yet as I think Lingard, Cook and Christian Turner are the only interested backs with offers so who knows. I hope Chris Curry gets offered soon though.

Secure one speedster than go after an elite one is what we should do imo

Advertisement
Back