Johnnie Dixon previews upcoming summer

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
2014 Dwyer (Fla.) wide-receiver Johnnie Dixon has had a rather eventful off-season so far.

Dixon earned all-camp honors at the Miami Nike Football Training Camp and also earned an invite to The Opening which takes place this summer in Beaverton, Oregon.

"I honestly feel blessed." Dixon said. "I have a great opportunity in front of me because I have seen the past camps on YouTube." Dixon said.

The 5-foot-11 195-pound Dixon has some pretty simple goals for the rest of the off-season.

"My goal is to get 100 times better. I plan on working out with my team and as well as by myself." Dixon said.

Dixon's holds offers from the likes of Miami, Oregon, Wisconsin, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, West Virginia, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Auburn and Florida State among others.

Johnnie told me he has talked to all of the coaches from the Hurricanes staff on one of his visits. Johnnie visited Miami on a junior day in January, another unofficial visit in early March, and also for the spring game in April.

Also in late May, Miami wide-receivers coach Brennan Carroll visited Johnnie at one of his practices.

*Johnnie Dixon plans to commit after the regular season

**Here is Johnnie's highlight tape: http://youtu.be/r6JXZiuRsBc

Advertisement
I think Johnny Dixon is ours to lose. I also don't think FSU has any shot at all to land him, based off his own quotes from a bunch of interviews. This is just my theory on his recruitment so tifwiw. I'd say we have like at least a 60-65% shot to land him right now. This kids gonna be good.

Him and Lane would be filth. Honestly our WR is so stacked that this might be the year it works against us a little since kids might think they'll be buried in the depth chart. As much as I hate to see Lockhart go (is that even confirmed?) at least that opened up the depth chart a little bit for this class to see an opportunity.

Advertisement
80 percent Miami and UF is probably running 3rd or 4th. UF was his favorite school growing up but they fell off hard with him. Maybe I hatethisplace can shed some light on why UF fell off.

80 percent Miami and UF is probably running 3rd or 4th. UF was his favorite school growing up but they fell off hard with him. Maybe I hatethisplace can shed some light on why UF fell off.

your crazy if you dont think ufag i close with us to land him. 1)dream school 2)pipeline 3)favorable depth chart. guy that say the same things about miami we would mostly say hes a lock

I think it is hard to put percentages on a prospect who has not visited other schools. Miami leads but lets see what he says after he visits UF. Even though he says the Jacoby thing has no impact on his decision it definitely has. Watch out for Notre Dame with Dixon.

Dixon is 195? That's Chris Chambers-esque.

And stop with the % stuff. You all are just setting yourselves up to be butthurt by asking for percentages in May.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back