John Ruiz on Paul Finebaum show today

Advertisement
Advertisement
thrash metal GIF

Advertisement
It’s become crystal clear that Mr. Ruiz has his **** together. The NCAA doesn’t want to tangle with Ruiz because he would rip them to shreds.

I think it gets lost in all the commotion that Ruiz is a very prominent lawyer which is a huge advantage not only for him but for Miami as well.

Yeah.. After listening to that its pretty clear that the NCAA has no chance against him. Even Finebaum had nothing to counter with. He called out collectives too. No wonder Emmert called it quits.
I wouldn’t phrase it as “the NCAA has no chance against him.”

I think a more accurate statement is that “Life Wallet is in a much stronger position than any collective, because they are an existing business that realizes marketing value through its NIL deals.”

@TheOriginalCane has talked about it the last week or so - the NCAA retroactively changing the rules creates an uncertainty that no one can predict the results of. But Ruiz seems to have an understanding of the rules and where the NCAA might go or have a valid argument, alone with a gameplan moving forward that I haven’t heard from any other school or collective.

Advertisement
It’s become crystal clear that Mr. Ruiz has his **** together. The NCAA doesn’t want to tangle with Ruiz because he would rip them to shreds.

I think it gets lost in all the commotion that Ruiz is a very prominent lawyer which is a huge advantage not only for him but for Miami as well.
Yeah, the problem is that if the NCAA comes, they won’t come for Ruiz, they’ll come for Miami. Everyone focuses on how the NCAA can’t control NIL, but that misses the point. It’ll be about recruiting, as we’re already seeing, and that is something they can claim to have provenance over.

I can’t see the future, but I suspect the NCAA isn’t as powerless as people assume.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back