John Rhys Plumlee

Advertisement
I think Plumlee lost interest when we landed Tate and they are acting like they wanted Lagrande more to begin with. Plumlee probably turned us down

That was the fear I had that would happen. I was hoping Plumlee would come with no fear of competition and then we would have to keep him happy somehow for possibly 3 years. That’s going to be the worst part of the Portal. Schools are going to be unable to stack talent at any given position and now these young guns are seeing guys like Lawrence, Fromm etc. and thinking I can do that too.

Advertisement
That was the fear I had that would happen. I was hoping Plumlee would come with no fear of competition and then we would have to keep him happy somehow for possibly 3 years. That’s going to be the worst part of the Portal. Schools are going to be unable to stack talent at any given position and now these young guns are seeing guys like Lawrence, Fromm etc. and thinking I can do that too.

nope. not what happened.

the kid wouldn't commit to being in school, and not signing after the baseball draft.

Manny was not good with "wait and see" and hence, they moved on. no hard feelings either way, but the reality is, this kid is on a bus to some minor league game next June.

nope. not what happened.

the kid wouldn't commit to being in school, and not signing after the baseball draft.

Manny was not good with "wait and see" and hence, they moved on. no hard feelings either way, but the reality is, this kid is on a bus to some minor league game next June.

Yeah I knew all about the 1st round MLB possibility but everything I have read seems like his heart is in football.

Yeah I knew all about the 1st round MLB possibility but everything I have read seems like his heart is in football.

He has the potential to sign for guaranteed Millions in a few months

Go and get the money young man

Advertisement
I like Plumlee better but if he were all in on football UGA would already have signed him. There's a very good chance he just takes the baseball money.

At least with this Lance kid you know he'll be here in the Fall

No but mental health is.

If I had a son and he had a chance to sign a guaranteed Million dollar contract for Baseball right after HS, im telling him to get that money. And if it doesnt work out in 5 years, you can always come back to play College Football.
Honest question - what about his education?

Advertisement
It's not about being a first rounder anymore in baseball. The rule is if your taken within the top 4 rounds (including supplemental picks) you should definitely go pro. This kid will not play college football.

Advertisement
nope. not what happened.

and that's exactly why UGA is blueshirting him.....

Advertisement
Back