John Dunmore

Idk where he's going.

One insider on PSU's board said he's taking the semester off & will be back with Penn St in the Spring.

But I've also heard from a coach who knows him that he was homesick & was tired of their staff because they supposedly lied to him about having an opportunity to play this year, he might've been passed up on depth chart as the backup X-WR by TF WR KeAndre Lambert.

I was just laughing at how Stubblefield is quite possibly the worst WR's coach I've ever seen, players can't wait to get away from him lol.
Ba
Cats keep throwing shade at Stubbs but he's gone and the WR are regressing. It's kinda funny this board all the sudden blames the actual WRs and not the coach. Not to mention that we actually have a QB this year, unlike last year, and the Wideouts are still struggling.
bc the Wr coach now just put 2 WRs in the league in the 1st round back to back years

Advertisement
Ba

bc the Wr coach now just put 2 WRs in the league in the 1st round back to back years
...and LSU won the Natty last year. The past is the past, and talent is talent. The question is: can you develop it? At this point it remains to be seen and so far with Likens the answer is no. We have a WR friendly offense and unlike last year we have a QB who can throw the rock...yet WR is our weakest room. Todays Cover 3 podcast said the same thing. Hopefully I'm proven wrong as the season goes on. Time will tell.

Cats keep throwing shade at Stubbs but he's gone and the WR are regressing. It's kinda funny this board all the sudden blames the actual WRs and not the coach. Not to mention that we actually have a QB this year, unlike last year, and the Wideouts are still struggling.
They’re not regressing, they’ve been static. They’re all decent straight line speed guys (Pope has feet) with suspect hands. They’re all the exact same size as they were when they got here.

...and LSU won the Natty last year. The past is the past, and talent is talent. The question is: can you develop it? At this point it remains to be seen and so far with Likens the answer is no. We have a WR friendly offense and unlike last year we have a QB who can throw the rock...yet WR is our weakest room. Todays Cover 3 podcast said the same thing. Hopefully I'm proven wrong as the season goes on. Time will tell.

I won't say Likens gets a pass on the WR play thus far but limited spring, limited fall camp, new system, he is learning his WR just as they are learning him. Since Dugans we have also heard about a disjointed WR room, haven't heard that yet. Likens also lost two playmakers and starters stubblefield had, one who was drafted in Osborn and Thomas so it is also breaking in new starters but you are right time will tell.

Advertisement
These upperclassmen are who they are. Likens can only do so much. Need to give the young guys some run.

He’s only been here for 6 months hopefully he can bring in his guys a develop the younger guys that are here

Advertisement
Advertisement
No. Dude had his chance to play here and wasted it. I like the guys in the '21 class coming in better than him
I dont agree...you bring him in... Dugans was the reason he spurned us..he wasnt a fan of him..would be a good possession WR for us...will get the 50/50 balls we been beggin our WRs to attempt to get

This is right on schedule for him. He transferred 5 times in HS. His next college probably won't be his last stop.

Advertisement
Saw Couch (his old HS teammate) on twitter lobbying for the staff to reach out to him. Aside from hating on him for spurning Miami (like Walker), do we actually like his skill set?
If they change the IC rule & we have room, I'd take him.
But you'd have to calculate how valuable he can be & if he has the mental toughness to deal with it.

If they keep the rule the same I prefer we hit the Portal for Joshua Youngblood from K-State.

We would probably have to take an IC from the 22 class in order to get Youngblood, but I'm good with that because locally there's not a lot of big time WR's in the 22 class & Youngblood is an explosive dynamic speedster who can have an impact in the return game & be a Deep threat WR, plus he's only a Sophomore so he'd have potentially 3 years of eligibility left.

on the rosterSaw Couch (his old HS teammate) on twitter lobbying for the staff to reach out to him. Aside from hating on him for spurning Miami (like Walker), do we actually like his skill set?
i honestly don't remember his skill-set. If it's not already developed and with some sample size, I think this is a Hard pass. With the other Immediate Needs on the roster there's no reason to bring in another "Unproven"body in the WR room to hope and pray for a miracle. We can address WR needs via recruiting, and hope and pray for the guys already on the roster.

👀👀
9C1C482E-6640-4580-9D0F-52AC1EB292EC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back