John Battle

Advertisement
and the list goes on, not offering kids like this is the reason we scratch our heads and wonder what the f**k the staff looks for when evaluating a recruit, this guy is legit and would of been a cane, when will this bleeding of staff not offering and kids leaving stop. Also, is it to late to offer him or dowels.

Every time I see LSUs name with a local recruit I think either grade issues or $

Kid is very intelligent. He does his own version of south Florida high school sports, goes out and films games and does interviews. This kid could be the next Stuart Scott one day. He was never coming to miami. He grew up a gator fan and then fell in love with LSU. His school is not exactly pro Miami either.

A combination of poor coaching, poor evaluation, and poor recruiting is why we lost. The example I was used just a portion of our problem specific to recruiting.

That example as it applies to the secondary was awful considering the perceived level of talent that was in that secondary when they were signed. Recruiting the defensive backfield wasn't the reason we lost.

That secondary example was in retrospect to the poor evaluation skills of our staff as a whole. That is a small example evident in the secondary but I'm sure it happened in other positions as well.

So they shouldn't have taken Bush, Burns, Carter or Howard? Talk about scheme or player development but if you're gonna argue that they should've focused on other players and going after those guys is a sign of bad evaluation skills then please tell us who they've should've gone after in those kid's respective classes.

Honestly, I have not followed recruiting far back enough to compile that list for you. I do know that the evaluation of the current talent in South Florida is not up to par. We see Treon not getting a chance at QB, Michael Johnson not receiving an offer... ETC. Recruiting is a small piece in the grand scheme of things and IMO we need to do a better job of evaluating talent. First and foremost however, we need to coach the players we currently have better.

They got Hester. A guy Michigan State really wanted. Johnson is going to Louisville. Well they took the other safety that the Cardinals wanted in Gayot. I actually would like to see PSU do us a favor like Missouri did and take Golden off our hands because I don't believe the defense is a fit to our recruiting base but talking about Treon Harris like he is an obvious take I don't get. I watch the highlights and Harris doesn't have better tools than Rosier in my opinion. He played on one of the most talented teams in the country and I believe people want him at UM be because he is a winner and he goes to BTW more than his actual skill level. Shannon based his whole '08 class on South Florida winners. **** was lazy then and it is now.

Advertisement
any secondary that LSU wants I want...Rashard is balling...but I guess these are the decisions we have to live with ...

Boy this kid is really big he is every bit of 6'2

how do we see the kid from dillard at our camp but just look over this kid...I am almost inclined to ask AL to look at the lists
because his lists aint getting it done...at least if he looks at rankings he can get close?

Just because bds that go to LSU do better than ours doesn't necessarily mean they are better prospects. You cannot forget the C variable in the equation.

and the list goes on, not offering kids like this is the reason we scratch our heads and wonder what the f**k the staff looks for when evaluating a recruit, this guy is legit and would of been a cane, when will this bleeding of staff not offering and kids leaving stop. Also, is it to late to offer him or dowels.

Why is it that EVERY kid who goes someplace esle "would have been a Cane if offerred" Am I missing something. Seems like tons of kids get offers from Miami and then go merely on their way. It rips my heart every time a local kids shows up on another team playing great, but that does not mean the kid ever would have come to THE U. Our most recent RB results so that. We offer all thre top backs and got one. Explain why the other two didn't just jump that offer or any other we don't get. I put money on this kid going to LSU no matter how early and often we offered. Safe bet, cause LSU pays more than I would bet. That said, if the staff can beat offer the huge money LSU must be flashing at Valentine all of us need to give a moment of silent adoration.

Advertisement
Every time I see LSUs name with a local recruit I think either grade issues or $

Kid is very intelligent. He does his own version of south Florida high school sports, goes out and films games and does interviews. This kid could be the next Stuart Scott one day. He was never coming to miami. He grew up a gator fan and then fell in love with LSU. His school is not exactly pro Miami either.

Oh lord, let's hope not

Oh lord, let's hope not

Lol I meant it as the kid has a career on tv after football. Blustein thinks the world of this kid on and off the field.

Oh lord, let's hope not

Lol I meant it as the kid has a career on tv after football. Blustein thinks the world of this kid on and off the field.

Why is it that EVERY kid who goes someplace esle "would have been a Cane if offerred" Am I missing something. Seems like tons of kids get offers from Miami and then go merely on their way. It rips my heart every time a local kids shows up on another team playing great, but that does not mean the kid ever would have come to THE U. Our most recent RB results so that. We offer all thre top backs and got one. Explain why the other two didn't just jump that offer or any other we don't get. I put money on this kid going to LSU no matter how early and often we offered. Safe bet, cause LSU pays more than I would bet. That said, if the staff can beat offer the huge money LSU must be flashing at Valentine all of us need to give a moment of silent adoration.

Stop with the money excuse bs it is just being simply out recruited and if you read what I wrote I was talking about the kids who were not offered, but to answer your question cook never had UM as his top #1 top choice and valentine situation is more of a back up plan based on academics.

Advertisement

I don't think its ALWAYS about the money, but it may be sometimes. With that being said, stop it. If you're a DB prospect would you rather go to the school that has been producing DB's left and right or go to the school that has only had one decent CB in the past 3 years?

I don't think its ALWAYS about the money, but it may be sometimes. With that being said, stop it. If you're a DB prospect would you rather go to the school that has been producing DB's left and right or go to the school that has only had one decent CB in the past 3 years?

And who would that be?

Advertisement
This class could've been Dowels (good enough for Oklahoma and Clemson), and Battle (good enough for LSU) instead we got Bethel, Mayes, and Turner who was occupying a spot. We also missed out by not offering Michael Johnson but thats another fiasco in itself. Thats some solid recruiting right there, for those who don't know that is why we lose to Louisville 36-9.

...but not good enough for Miami.

*shrug*

...or the other big 2.

Advertisement
Back