John Battle

U

User-4525

Not to be that guy... But this is a kid we are going to scratching our heads at in a few years. I saw him play as a freshman and sophomore and was not impressed at all. Receivers had their way with him and he did not appear to natural instincts as a DB. Turn on his senior tape and see this.

Big time play making safety.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1915997/highlights/65633375?autoplay=1

Committed to LSU. Goes to Halllandale. And not to worsen the blow, but he would've been a cane if offered. Just like Dowels

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
He was walking around with the coaches at the summer camp. They know who he is. I have no clue why we didn't offer.

Advertisement
Well I mean its not like LSU has shown it knows anything about producing d backs in the past couple of years so we should be fine

This class could've been Dowels, and Battle instead we got Bethel, Mayes, and Turner who was occupying a spot. We also missed out by not offering Michael Johnson but thats another fiasco in itself. Thats some solid recruiting right there, for those who don't know that is why we lose to Louisville 36-9.

Last edited:
any secondary that LSU wants I want...Rashard is balling...but I guess these are the decisions we have to live with ...

Boy this kid is really big he is every bit of 6'2

how do we see the kid from dillard at our camp but just look over this kid...I am almost inclined to ask AL to look at the lists
because his lists aint getting it done...at least if he looks at rankings he can get close?

Last edited:
Advertisement
This class could've been Dowels (good enough for Oklahoma and Clemson), and Battle (good enough for LSU) instead we got Bethel, Mayes, and Turner who was occupying a spot. We also missed out by not offering Michael Johnson but thats another fiasco in itself. Thats some solid recruiting right there, for those who don't know that is why we lose to Louisville 36-9.

...but not good enough for Miami.

*shrug*

This class could've been Dowels, and Battle instead we got Bethel, Mayes, and Turner who was occupying a spot. We also missed out by not offering Michael Johnson but thats another fiasco in itself. Thats some solid recruiting right there, for those who don't know that is why we lose to Louisville 36-9.

None of that crap about "this is why we lose to Louisville made" any sense. You had 5-star Howard in the secondary. 4-Stars Burns, Carter and Bush along with high 3-stars Crawford and Jenkins. Add in a solid JUCO in Gunter. Talent in the secondary isn't why he lost that bowl game. It must've been **** trying to teach you any math equations in school with that logic.

Last edited:
As I recall, we wanted Battle and wasn't late to the party, he had him higher on our board than Mike Johnson, he just didn't wanna be here.

None of that crap about "this is why we lose to Louisville made" any sense. You had 5-star Howard in the secondary. 4-Stars Burns, Carter and Bush along with high 3-stars Crawford and Jenkins. Add in a solid JUCO in Gunter. Talent in the secondary isn't why he lost that bowl game. It must've been **** trying to teach you any math equations in school with that logic.

A combination of poor coaching, poor evaluation, and poor recruiting is why we lost. The example I was used just a portion of our problem specific to recruiting.

Advertisement
As I recall, we wanted Battle and wasn't late to the party, he had him higher on our board than Mike Johnson, he just didn't wanna be here.

People keep talking about who would and wouldn't have been a Cane if offered. How many guys have people said that about early in the process and he gets offered and it turns out to be some epic battle and the kid goes elsewhere? People don't know what is a driving force in a kid's decision.

A combination of poor coaching, poor evaluation, and poor recruiting is why we lost. The example I was used just a portion of our problem specific to recruiting.

That example as it applies to the secondary was awful considering the perceived level of talent that was in that secondary when they were signed. Recruiting the defensive backfield wasn't the reason we lost.

Advertisement
He was walking around with the coaches at the summer camp. They know who he is. I have no clue why we didn't offer.

C'mon, who needs a big time playmaking safety? We have Thurston Armbrister and Nate Dortch!

Neither of them play safety. If that tired joke is gonna be used at least go after a safety that will be on the team next year or in the recruiting class that this guy would have a chance to beat out. You use that joke and insert Bush, Jenkins, Carter, Hester or Gayot and at least it makes sense even it is played out.

That example as it applies to the secondary was awful considering the perceived level of talent that was in that secondary when they were signed. Recruiting the defensive backfield wasn't the reason we lost.

That secondary example was in retrospect to the poor evaluation skills of our staff as a whole. That is a small example evident in the secondary but I'm sure it happened in other positions as well.

That secondary example was in retrospect to the poor evaluation skills of our staff as a whole. That is a small example evident in the secondary but I'm sure it happened in other positions as well.

So they shouldn't have taken Bush, Burns, Carter or Howard? Talk about scheme or player development but if you're gonna argue that they should've focused on other players and going after those guys is a sign of bad evaluation skills then please tell us who they've should've gone after in those kid's respective classes.

So they shouldn't have taken Bush, Burns, Carter or Howard? Talk about scheme or player development but if you're gonna argue that they should've focused on other players and going after those guys is a sign of bad evaluation skills then please tell us who they've should've gone after in those kid's respective classes.

Honestly, I have not followed recruiting far back enough to compile that list for you. I do know that the evaluation of the current talent in South Florida is not up to par. We see Treon not getting a chance at QB, Michael Johnson not receiving an offer... ETC. Recruiting is a small piece in the grand scheme of things and IMO we need to do a better job of evaluating talent. First and foremost however, we need to coach the players we currently have better.

Advertisement
Back