Joey Gatewood

RocketsandCanes

RocketsandCanes
Auburn QB decided to transfer today. Already burned his redshirt this year playing in 7 games. Is from Jacksonville and Auburn fans seem to be pretty ****ed he wasn’t given more of a chance with Nix’s struggles lately. I normally don’t post about transfers but this seems like a guy who might be worth pursuing since he has to sit a year. Would provide a good option to replace one of our guys if they transfer over the off-season. Any Duval members have the scouting report on him?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He would be better than any Qb on the roster.

Big kid. True Dual threat.

But hed be god awful in Enos' system.
You can’t be serious wi Tj comments like this. He’s a good runner but that doesn’t make you a good qb... he’s not even an average passer so that’s a no go for me...

You can’t be serious wi Tj comments like this. He’s a good runner but that doesn’t make you a good qb... he’s not even an average passer so that’s a no go for me...
I'm dead *** serious. Kids offer list was legit. I liked him when he came out but didnt even consider him a possibility to come here. If he lands at FSU, he'll be a problem for us, with or without Willie.

I'm dead *** serious. Kids offer list was legit. I liked him when he came out but didnt even consider him a possibility to come here. If he lands at FSU, he'll be a problem for us, with or without Willie.
Jarren Williams offer list was legit and even better than gatewood. Williams had Miami ,bama, Ohio state,LSU, uga and a host of others. All 3 of auburn, Ohio state and Miami pursued him down the stretch in his recruitment after he decommitted from Kentucky and even went on an ov to Ohio state. Kosi had a good offer list as well

6'5" 235lb 4.8 40
4.27 shuttle

Nifty feet for a big QB. Enos cant call plays worth a **** but he seems to be a decent QB coach. Maybe he could coach this kid up and earn his 1.5 million dollar paycheck.

Advertisement
Jarren Williams offer list was legit and even better than gatewood. Williams had Miami ,bama, Ohio state,LSU, uga and a host of others. All 3 of auburn, Ohio state and Miami pursued him down the stretch in his recruitment after he decommitted from Kentucky and even went on an ov to Ohio state. Kosi had a good offer list as well
Jarrens list was nowhere near as good as Gatewoods. Cmon man. Perry's definitely wasnt.

Even then, Gatewood still is a better prospect than either. If either of Jarren and Perry transferred now, theyd be downgrading.

Watch how many top schools pursue Gatewood.

Advertisement
Why do you guys like Gatewood so much? Because he’s not here? I’ve seen nothing from him to indicate he’s a good passer.
He's an okay passer. Definitely not as accurate as Jarren. He's basically college Cam Newton like (not saying that's who he'll be, but that's who he's closest to). He'd definitely need to be in a system to succeed.

Gus is coaching for his job, got into this season with his seat in flames, but made a political decision on QB1.
Got it

Jarrens list was nowhere near as good as Gatewoods. Cmon man. Perry's definitely wasnt.

Even then, Gatewood still is a better prospect than either. If either of Jarren and Perry transferred now, theyd be downgrading.

Watch how many top schools pursue Gatewood.
Jarren had every offer you could want including from all of the big names. He’s not a better prospect than both because he’s a much worse passer than definitely Jarren and even n’kosi and it isn’t close. That’s the #1 aspect of how good a qb is not how good they can run and apparently people have forgotten that. Gatewood is going to downgrade just watch and go somewhere like Kentucky or Mizzou. Either way this kid can’t throw which isn’t what we need

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back