2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
D literally said that this is common. not sure why youre having all these doubts. this kid isnt telling UM anything, but know hes talking elsewhere. you wouldn't want to try to get some info from reporters who cover him and maybe get some info or insight into what hes telling UGA or even his friends/family in private in exchange for some nuggets later on?
It’s really really obvious

So I’m not going to keep going back and forth about it

D literally said that this is common. not sure why youre having all these doubts. this kid isnt telling UM anything, but know hes talking elsewhere. you wouldn't want to try to get some info from reporters who cover him and maybe get some info or insight into what hes telling UGA or even his friends/family in private in exchange for some nuggets later on?

I'm sure the coaches would like that info but Gaby would not be the guy to get it from. I'm sure the staff has tons of other source they can turn to.

Cause 1murhurricanes knows he is gone. That’s why he has been quiet

Yep. we've seen this before with TC and Rattler. I recall Rattler going quiet leaning up to commit day and that was a bad sign. Love the dude but his going quiet was a natural/normal response to what unfolded with TC's recruitment. I consider this one similar in that I'm sure all things were pointing to the good guys landing Aguero but then things change and we're not quiet as confident anymore. When that happens, people clam up - it's normal and I get it.

Advertisement
Servings of humble pie being passed around this week. I blame Dennis 🤣

I'm sure the coaches would like that info but Gaby would not be the guy to get it from. I'm sure the staff has tons of other source they can turn to.
More of the reason I believe this to be a smokescreen in asking Gaby for an update. The only visible things that UGA offers more then we do for a kid like this is being further ahead to winning a ship (since they won one last year and we haven’t played a game under this regime) and perhaps a clearer picture to the starting position (which I’m not even sure is the case tbh). Otherwise we have it ALL. I’m totally wearing the orange and green glasses but I still have the faith, no matter how confident UGA staff feels.

A good staff has feelers everywhere and utilizes their entire network. Some pieces carry more weight than others but you should let no stone go unturned. I would be disappointed if someone in the building was NOT pulling information from Gabby or anyone else who is at the tip of the spear in a recruiting service.
Not sure why people seemed so shocked, its good business practice. Doesn't mean they are basing their decisions on his opinions, its just another piece of information added to the files.

Don't think Gaby needed go out and publicize that though. Not the greatest look but kind of par for the course with him.

More of the reason I believe this to be a smokescreen in asking Gaby for an update. The only visible things that UGA offers more then we do for a kid like this is being further ahead to winning a ship (since they won one last year and we haven’t played a game under this regime) and perhaps a clearer picture to the starting position (which I’m not even sure is the case tbh). Otherwise we have it ALL. I’m totally wearing the orange and green glasses but I still have the faith, no matter how confident UGA staff feels.
And they have a great DB coach as the head coach.. guaranteed development during his entire career there. Same reason an OL would pick us.

We have Addae who Aguero likes but he could be gone in 2 years. He doesn't have any loyalty to Miami/Mario and will take a DC job if offered.

Advertisement
lol cribby told you guys its not looking good. there isnt some next level chess move.

It's one of two ways. Mario comes from the Saban bag of tricks crooting game. He knows how to play the game and with Aguero, I would not be surprised if he told Aguero to go radio silent to everyone, including UGA and then start leaking that he's gone radio silent with UM as well. Then again, occam's razor can apply here and Aguero has truly gone radio silent on Miami and has been a silent to uga for some time (which some on their 247 board believe he has).

That's disingenuous. It's not a generalization. It's 100%. The board ******** literally try to run EVERY SINGLE Hurricane writer we have into the ground. Am I wrong? Name one. Ferman, Shodell, Lake, Barry, Pete, Gaby, Ivins, Stock when he was doing day to day recruiting, and on and on. Every one. You paranoid wackadoos treat them like the enemy. You insult them personally, you accuse them of every ridiculous thing you can think of, you accuse them of lying, or hedging, of not putting their balls on the table, massive contradictions, and you all do it in a cruel way. Every, single, one.

Imagine being a writer who is obligated to produce ~1000 pieces of content a year. You subject isn't "sports" or "football" or even "college football", you have to confine your content to covering one, single amateur college football team that plays 12-14 out of 365 days in a year, has about 10% of the media availability of an NFL team, and most of your content has to be coverage of various teenagers (who are confused or lying half the time) around the country deciding if they are going to go study and play sports at the school you cover or not. Not one of you would last a week I am guessing.

It's an impossible job, and instead of supporting these guys and being grateful that we have people who want to give us info, you become the worst of us, and anonymously grind them into sand. And what's even more laughable, is you all live off every morsel they give us, without even paying for a subscription. Every post by them, every CB, every article is immediately brought here and discussed as news. Unless you don't like the content, or the tone, or the way it was written, or whatever made you miserable when you woke up this am, and they you eviscerate a fellow Cane. The most liked posts here are when their articles are shared here. Hypocritical and cruel.

@DMoney, our captain, the owner of this site that you defend like it's your own kid, who is technically a competitor of these other sites, literally just told you all how it is in the middle of this thread, and you all just breezed by it, ignored him, and kept attacking.

It's really disgusting and shameful.

I salute all these guys. They certainly aren't well paid, and they hustle. That goes for the new kids over at Rivals too who went from zero to 60 overnight and are pushing out content left and right. This is all pretty entry-level stuff and I enjoy watching these kids learn and improve. I wish to be entertained, I wish to read about my alma mater's teams, and I am thankful we have these outlets pushing out all this content.

This is boring, so moving on. I don't think for a second I am going to reverse the pile on that's happening. People are who they are. Keep stealing their content, keep killing them, and keep thinking we're not the ******** in this equation. Doesn't affect my day one bit. But don't for a second think you didn't spend your day personally attacking a fellow Cane who isn't doing anything untoward, and is just trying to provide content for us all to enjoy.
Are you done?? Did it feel good to get that off your chest?

I simply questioned why would you put that on the board in response to what D$ and that’s what I simply asked.

Bravo on the manifesto, however.

Advertisement
I’ll tell you what, and I can’t reiterate this enough, even when we lose a big battle such as Alinen or potentially Aguero, it will not be for lack of effort.

Mario and staff will exhaust every angle and tactic possible to land the players at the top of our board. It always sucks to miss on a big fish, but our eggs will never ever be in one basket again as long as Mario and this mentality is here.

It's one of two ways. Mario comes from the Saban bag of tricks crooting game. He knows how to play the game and with Aguero, I would not be surprised if he told Aguero to go radio silent to everyone, including UGA and then start leaking that he's gone radio silent with UM as well. Then again, occam's razor can apply here and Aguero has truly gone radio silent on Miami and has been a silent to uga for some time (which some on their 247 board believe he has).
Last time Occam’s razor was brought out was for FM and we won that battle. That being said, you are attributing it to UGA this time. Hoping that the presence of it as an explanation is what works in our favor.

Advertisement

I simply questioned why would you put that on the board in response to what D$ and that’s what I simply asked.

@Cryptical Envelopment
season 2 friends GIF

Completely unsubstantial reply that ignored all the relevant facts of the discussion, and you ignored my very specific part about how everyone just ran right past what D$ said, so I literally addressed that. But more importantly...

Why @PIPO my good man, are you and I having a SHOWDOWN??? :)

(do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back