2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have our insiders called it to us? I thought they’re still being vague on it.
The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
Shadow got despondent with canes football, especially around Golden era I want to say, life happened I think he was opening new business, having kids, etc. Was funny when him and CaneInJersey basically told the board focus on life and put canes ball on back burner because it aint getting any better and basically next 10 years they were 100% right. Just seemed crazy at time that two of that boards pillars were like **** this if the school doesnt care why should we. The board relocated to some other website, I took that as opportunity to break away and only visit here and wez so I dont know much after that..
go on…

Just purely for State Income tax reasons we should be able to offer 5% lower than most top schools (obviously not against UF/FSU targets)

Then add a 5-15% discount over most schools because we are in Miami which is much more desirable location to have lots of money than those places you mention.

Then for local talent add another 5-15% discount for being the home team.

So I can reasonably see us being able to get guys for 10%-25% less, as long as we are winning and landing a bunch of other studs. At the end of the day these kids (at least the top ones) will be getting a lot of money wherever they decide to go, but they will all want to play for championships and play with other top talent. Having a great location and no state income tax make it that much cheaper for us...
Ive already seen some of their fans talk about how uga will lose kids to Miami bc of money and that Kirby is trying to do things the right way and sway recruits with the ideal that they’ll get developed well at uga.

Lol
So, they stopped paying recruits under the table. Good to know.

Advertisement
Love the sentiment but completely disagree that Alabama is outside the top 4 when it’s all said and done. They are likely going to be playing for another championship this year too.

It’s only July. College football still has an entire season to play and many recruits will be flipped and many others are still uncommitted.
Only 10% of recruits flip once committed.

I don't see that changing even with NIL. Everyone knows what AtM did last year and are prepared this cycle. I don't see last minute buying to flip players especially given a lot of players are not getting paid what they'vebeen promised. The last minute pay for play will be for uncommitted recruits in my opinion.

Only 10% of recruits flip once committed.

I don't see that changing even with NIL. Everyone knows what AtM did last year and are prepared this cycle. I don't see last minute buying to flip players especially given a lot of players are not getting paid what they'vebeen promised. The last minute pay for play will be for uncommitted recruits in my opinion.
10% still has a potential to be 2-5 highly rated recruits to take a class from 5 to top 3.

Don’t count Bama out until after signing day.

Advertisement
Ok. I haven’t seen that. 1mur isn’t talking and I have only seen the Cribster laugh at the on3 prediction machine. Unless there’s something else, I don’t think it’s fair to put the tag of Joenel as a Cane lean on our insiders until they legit say something more concrete.

as far as im concerned, they've said as much as they can say without FURTHER inspiring ga (and others) to raise their offer. I feel good :)

ResizedP_cffd1c4f-6941-4d75-a923-2f289879acbc_21712293792810.gif

Advertisement
Ok. I haven’t seen that. 1mur isn’t talking and I have only seen the Cribster laugh at the on3 prediction machine. Unless there’s something else, I don’t think it’s fair to put the tag of Joenel as a Cane lean on our insiders until they legit say something more concrete.
Yep, I like that they’re in no rush to make a statement just for the sake of it, like every mod on 247 acting like it’s changing by the hour.

If something significant happens that they think matters, they’ll say it then.

Yep, I like that they’re in no rush to make a statement just for the sake of it, like every mod on 247 acting like it’s changing by the hour.

If something significant happens that they think matters, they’ll say it then.
Yeah, I agree. I just don’t want a false narrative starting that it’s implied by them that we’re getting Aguero. That isn’t the case and for the benefit of all, I want to call attention to that not having been said or even implied at this point.

Advertisement
Post #849 in this thread gives a “lean”. But that’s a borderline coin flip plus 48 hours in the NIL era is eternity. This week is gonna seem like an eternity.

The one good thing is the current staff has shown to be on top of things so if they miss here they likely already aware and looking for another top guy.

But here’s to hoping Joenel is that guy.

Tae is draft eligible after this year, and James and Kam after the next. You cant rest.

Im looking at it from the kid's standpoint. If you believe all three of them will get drafted then you're making my point. Why go to a program that has three NFL caliber safeties already on the roster?

Im looking at it from the kid's standpoint. If you believe all three of them will get drafted then you're making my point. Why go to a program that has three NFL caliber safeties already on the roster?
All of the top programs stack elite talent on top of elite talent every recruiting cycle. You bring them in and let them compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back