2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone thinks Miami is outbidding teams but that’s not true. Miami isn’t the best offer for a lot of kids in this class. Just be in the somewhere in ballpark and we’ll win. UF has far better offers for multiple targets , Rashada being one.

THIS: MIAMI IS BEYONCE
beyonce-austin-powers-everett-post.jpg

THAT: SEC INBREDS ARE THE BELOW
e4f25fe5-b6b7-4740-9de1-bc4d2018edce_42093037346805(1).gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ve always thought if Miami could be in the bag game we would have been just fine. $40k and live in Miami or $50k and Tuscaloosa? I feel a lot of local guys would have stayed home.
Kids would stay home for more than 10 k. The problem was it was 100-150 k more and that’s what made things rough. All things equal Miami gets a home town discount for sure , being close to home , access to family and tax advantages work in our favor. Places like Athens, Tuscaloosa and Gainesville have to over pay to get kids to live there. I mean they’re rock stars when they get there and are treated like celebs but it’s bum **** Egypt.

Last edited:
Kids would stay home for more than 10 k. The problem was it was 100-150 k more and that’s what made things rough. All things equal Miami gets a home town discount for sure , being close to home , access to family and tax advantages work in our favor. Places like Athens, Tuscaloosa and Gainesville have to over pay to get kids to live there. I mean they’re rock stars when they get their and are treated like celebs but it’s bum **** Egypt.
Just purely for State Income tax reasons we should be able to offer 5% lower than most top schools (obviously not against UF/FSU targets)

Then add a 5-15% discount over most schools because we are in Miami which is much more desirable location to have lots of money than those places you mention.

Then for local talent add another 5-15% discount for being the home team.

So I can reasonably see us being able to get guys for 10%-25% less, as long as we are winning and landing a bunch of other studs. At the end of the day these kids (at least the top ones) will be getting a lot of money wherever they decide to go, but they will all want to play for championships and play with other top talent. Having a great location and no state income tax make it that much cheaper for us...

Just purely for State Income tax reasons we should be able to offer 5% lower than most top schools (obviously not against UF/FSU targets)

Then add a 5-15% discount over most schools because we are in Miami which is much more desirable location to have lots of money than those places you mention.

Then for local talent add another 5-15% discount for being the home team.

So I can reasonably see us being able to get guys for 10%-25% less, as long as we are winning and landing a bunch of other studs. At the end of the day these kids (at least the top ones) will be getting a lot of money wherever they decide to go, but they will all want to play for championships and play with other top talent. Having a great location and no state income tax make it that much cheaper for us...
Throw in the fact that we havent been relevant for 20 years. Once this machines gets rolling and people put some respek on our name, its a wrap.

“Coach Cristobal is Cuban and my family is Dominican, so they are already speaking Spanish to each other and they already have a great relationship,” Aguero said.

This right here tells me he's coming. Se acabó papo!!!! When Mario and Joenels parents started speaking Spanish to each other it was over. Wouldn't be surprised of his parents didn't tell him to tell Kirby Dile a ese bobo que ya no llame!! Aquí en esta casa ya nos cuadramos con Mario!!
Kirby speaks more Spanish than Manny does.

Advertisement
There is tape that has been shared on this same thread a few pages back. It’s from a game last year against the #4 HS team in the nation (Auburn High). Kid is fast, sudden, instinctive and shows a very high football IQ.
Holy s**t!!! I just realized who this kid is. I was at that game. I really went to see the safety everyone was talking about that we thought we might have a shot with (can't remember his name) and came away impressed with this kid and another kid that was like a LB/safety. May have been number 24 or 34 I can't remember. Definitely stood out above the highly rated safety.

Also to clarify, Auburn was not the #4 ranked team in the nation. That was their state ranking. I'm certain Hoover, Central-Phenix City, and Thompson were all ranked ahead of Auburn in the state of Alabama. Thompson was the defending state champs (beat Auburn the year prior in that ridiculous ending that made it to Sportscenter). Central PC beat Thompson for state two years before (and had already beaten Auburn earlier in the current season) and Hoover was undefeated having already beaten Thompson earlier in the season (Thompson won the rematch in the state championship game).

Edit: looked it up. Kamari Wilson was the safety and I think his number was actually 24. Need to rewatch the game to see who the other kid was on defense that stood out more than Wilson to me. They were also hyping up IMG's QB but I wasn't that impressed although he did make some plays with his feet. Auburn had those boys until the end.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not wanting the tape to determine if he is great or not lol. You are right, it’s not up to us and really doesn’t matter what WE think. I want to watch more tape just because I want to see more of the kid playing football and see what we potentially will be getting, simple as that.
Holy s**t!!! I just realized who this kid is. I was at that game. I really went to see the safety everyone was talking about that we thought we might have a shot with (can't remember his name) and came away impressed with this kid and another kid that was like a LB/safety. May have been number 24 or 34 I can't remember. Definitely stood out above the highly rated safety.

Also to clarify, Auburn was not the #4 ranked team in the nation. That was their state ranking. I'm certain Hoover, Central-Phenix City, and Thompson were all ranked ahead of Auburn in the state of Alabama. Thompson was the defending state champs (beat Auburn the year prior in that ridiculous ending that made it to Sportscenter). Central PC beat Thompson for state two years before (and had already beaten Auburn earlier in the current season) and Hoover was undefeated having already beaten Thompson earlier in the season (Thompson won the rematch in the state championship game).

Edit: looked it up. Kamari Wilson was the safety and I think his number was actually 24. Need to rewatch the game to see who the other kid was on defense that stood out more than Wilson to me. They were also hyping up IMG's QB but I wasn't that impressed although he did make some plays with his feet. Auburn had those boys until the end.
The IMG QB was Duffy, the kid that wound up at FSU. Very underwhelming as a passer for sure.

Advertisement
“Coach Cristobal is Cuban and my family is Dominican, so they are already speaking Spanish to each other and they already have a great relationship,” Aguero said.

This right here tells me he's coming. Se acabó papo!!!! When Mario and Joenels parents started speaking Spanish to each other it was over. Wouldn't be surprised of his parents didn't tell him to tell Kirby Dile a ese bobo que ya no llame!! Aquí en esta casa ya nos cuadramos con Mario!!

A 5 star Dominican kid not coming to south Florida would be such a mistake. Kid will clean up down here with Dominican women hahahahaha

I was listening to Donno's Locked on Canes podcast yesterday. His guest was John Garcia, Director of Football Recruiting at Sports Illustrated. Seemed like a good guy for SI. But I was LOLing when he talked about Miami coming out of nowhere for recruits several times -- e.g., Alinen, Popo, "we weren't talking about Okunlola (to Miami) a month ago, we weren't talking about Bonsu (to Miami) a month ago".

On Bryant ... "Miami was always 2 or 3 on his list. ... . All of a sudden Miami the school getting all the IMG kids ... now Miami is trending a whole lot more ... uh oh, here comes the U for another one"

These are all names I've heard on here months ago from @Cribby or @LeedsCane (sometimes cryptically, had to read the tea leaves) or @1murhurricane etc. I'm not saying they were all locked in. But the national analysts thought Miami wasn't a contender until now.

Garcia says he feels like Miami having a top 5 class is almost certain at this point.

Works for Sports Illustrated???

GIF by Jordan Belfort

Advertisement
Who did? What he did with uga secondary was good, His resume alone warranted a lot of leeway. Not to mention he played college ball. Did he have a cup of coffee in the league?
There was some ignorance thrown around before this recent recruiting onslaught. I agree he should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back