2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGA, Bama, etc. have been paying players for YEARS. We all know this. It's a 100.0% concrete fact. Literally, this isn't sour grapes, it's not hearsay, it's a ******* fact.

So what I don't understand, is what changed from then to now? These people are acting like NIL has allowed a lowly program like little ol' Miami to leapfrog the traditional bag schools. How is that the case? Did we not just level the playing field, somewhat?

So answer me this....are the NIL deals we're offering kids significantly more than what a school like UGA used to pay kids under the table? Is that why Miami is lapping these fools? Or is it just a flat-out excuse because, with the level playing field, Mario is just better at connecting with kids and selling them than anyone could have ever imagined?
Excuses bro. Its easy recruiting against no competition and ****. Don't be schocked if Saban puts a clock on packing it up cuz he aint just gonna be beating every team by 28 and with the realignment coming. Yeah might be looking to go out on top before his image change. Watched a few classic miami games this account been posting and i was like damm i cant wait till the young kids can see that again.

Advertisement
I don’t want to be THAT GUY

But every SFLA guy we’ve lost for like 10 years we’ve blamed the bag game. Not the complete ineptitude of the recruiting staff

Or we call them divas

Built in excuses for getting beat I guess citing one or two actual examples
Seeing this staff work has made me regret ever using the bags as an excuse line. We have had maybe 5 elite recruiters come through miami over the course of 15 years of incompetence. Now we have an entire football staff of elite recruiters/relationship builders with infinite resources. Seeing what has taken place in just 7 months of Mario’s tenure really shines a light on how incompetent this program was for so long

Last edited:
Seeing this staff work in action has made me regret ever using the bags as an excuse line. We have had maybe 5 elite recruiters come through miami over the course of 15 years of incompetence Now we have an entire football staff of elite recruiters/relationship builders with infinite resources. Seeing what has taken place in just 7 months of Mario’s tenure really shines a light on how incompetent this program was for so long
It was a valid excuse sometimes but it was just us trying to make ourselves feel better too

A new day my friend!

Seeing this staff work has made me regret ever using the bags as an excuse line. We have had maybe 5 elite recruiters come through miami over the course of 15 years of incompetence Now we have an entire football staff of elite recruiters/relationship builders with infinite resources. Seeing what has taken place in just 7 months of Mario’s tenure really shines a light on how incompetent this program was for so long

all true but ...

i will add that the bag game was particularly harmful BECAUSE we didn't have an elite recruiting operation to fight it.

did we lose a lot of top tier players to bags? absolutely. every year, and at all spots

do we know who those guys are? indeed. the names are as infamous in south florida as fidel castro

could an elite recruiting organization have at least given us a fighting chance? of course. anything better than standing there with our heads up our asses

we still could have been b*tch slapped by the bag game, ... and probably would have .... but at least we wouldn't have gone down looking like a bunch of chumps, with sand always getting kicked in our faces

It's rather obvious that he's borderline a UGA silent and we are the much more desirable attractive football program.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Advertisement
all true but ...

i will add that the bag game was particularly harmful BECAUSE we didn't have an elite recruiting operation to fight it.

did we lose a lot of top tier players to bags? absolutely. every year, and at all spots

do we know who those guys are? indeed. the names are as infamous in south florida as fidel castro

could an elite recruiting organization have at least given us a fighting chance? of course. anything better than standing there with our heads up our asses

we still could have been b*tch slapped by the bag game, ... and probably would have .... but at least we wouldn't have gone down looking like a bunch of chumps, with sand always getting kicked in our faces
I completely agree with this take.

Uga fans saying they’re clean. Lord have mercy
I’m telling u mane…. that’s what they think. They been that way. They swear errybody else I dropping bags, but once a young man visits Sanford Stadium, listens to that wack *** band, and gets between “them hedges”,… it’s a wrap. That’s what they believe. I’m telling y’all, it’s **** near like a cult. Years ago I **** near got in a fist fight with two cousins over Sony Michel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m telling u mane…. that’s what they think. They been that way. They swear errybody else I dropping bags, but once a young man visits Stanford Stadium, listens to that wack *** band, and gets between “them hedges”,… it’s a wrap. That’s what they believe. I’m telling y’all, it’s **** near like a cult. Years ago I **** near got in a fist fight with two cousins over Sony Michel.
Bama fans too. The drivel on their board in threads on mutually desired recruits is no different than UGA. They proudly talk about how “Nick is doing it right” They talk about him putting a “plan” together for the future. Something about every kid who signs automatically gets $25-$50K. Anything over that Is “NIL OPPORTUNITIES”. It really sure what that means.

What does a “borderline silent” mean? Lol

Also, is he saying Miami is countering UGA’s NIL with their own NIL?
hahaha..but, but, but…UGA’s NIL deals are legal..Miami’s NIL is not…don’t people know this! Come on, Damnit!

Blows my mind. It’s so obvious Kirby came in from Bama and UGA finally gave in, they needed to start spending real money on recruits to make it over the hump, and that’s what they’ve done. How do they not see that? Lmao
UGA been cheating. Always have always will. The difference is that Richt didn’t wanna know everything what was going on with the procuring of football talent.
Kirby OTOH, comes from right up under Saban’s tutelage. He knows/knew what was going on, and wouldn’t look away. He don’t gaf about all dat, he just wants talent.

Advertisement
In response to Mansell's comments on recruiting, one of their long time, "mods" posted a few comments.

"It's quite obvious what's happening with some of these decisions, but I'm happy we're accumulating our share the old fashioned way
biggrin.gif
"
LOL I guess we can interpret that however we want; I imagine it isn't the way he intended...

What I don’t get is I doubt Ruiz and the NIL donors are exponentially blowing these NIL numbers up to a point where a UGA Bama Etc can’t fkn match lol

Mario I believe is just a recruiting psychopath and impressionable kids want to know, like I believe Riley Williams said, that their HC will answer an emergency text at 4:30am to see if he will respond lol

By the way texting a recruit at 4 AM is brilliant

First think they see when they check out their phone in the morning

Advertisement
I will bet you that Jimbo was told by the Higher Ups to STFU about Nick’s Bag Game because of all the progress Miami has been making with their entirely legal NiL operation.

I live in Atlanta, so you can substitute friend or coworker for that and I’ve seen it first hand. And for that matter, you can substitute whatever Sec school for Georgia and it equally applies.
This…

I always shut Gaytors down with my direct knowledge of them paying players.
Threw a friend I got to know a certain UF DL during his freshman year (late 90’s). He ended up being a top 5 pick in the draft. As we rode around in a brand new SUV that he admitted was purchased by a Gator booster he went into detail about how as a freshman he got $500 per sack (he wasn’t a starter yet)… paid by boosters as he would get on the bus after games and upper class men would get up to a stack for big play. Went as far to say that truck he was driving cost more than the trailer that his parents were living in at the time.

Also said his homeboy (former HS teammate) who was the QB at Alabama was getting paid too. You can probably tell who I’m talking about.

I’m not talking about what I heard third party … but straight from the horses mouth.

This…

I always shut Gaytors down with my direct knowledge of them paying players.
Threw a friend I got to know a certain UF DL during his freshman year (late 90’s). He ended up being a top 5 pick in the draft. As we rode around in a brand new SUV that he admitted was purchased by a Gator booster he went into detail about how as a freshman he got $500 per sack (he wasn’t a starter yet)… paid by boosters as he would get on the bus after games and upper class men would get up to a stack for big play. Went as far to say that truck he was driving cost more than the trailer that his parents were living in at the time.

Also said his homeboy (former HS teammate) who was the QB at Alabama was getting paid too. You can probably tell who I’m talking about.

I’m not talking about what I heard third party … but straight from the horses mouth.
They still won't believe it. The first rule of the bag game is that there is no bag game.

Bama fans too. The drivel on their board in threads on mutually desired recruits is no different than UGA. They proudly talk about how “Nick is doing it right” They talk about him putting a “plan” together for the future. Something about every kid who signs automatically gets $25-$50K. Anything over that Is “NIL OPPORTUNITIES”. It really sure what that means.
Meanwhile Nicky bragged about Young getting over $1MM in NIL. Dude never stops talking out both sides of his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back