Joe Yearby's Role the year?

Days of redshirting a high-caliber back are history. If develop, they're only staying 3 years, anyway.

This is why we did not get Cook or Sony, they will both play at lot where their going. Cook may even start by mid year for fsu. Sony will work behind those two juniors who are gone after this year, and will be by himself next year.

:ibisroflmao: do you realize how good Cook and Sony are? They BOTH would've contributed.

Advertisement
Days of redshirting a high-caliber back are history. If develop, they're only staying 3 years, anyway.

This is why we did not get Cook or Sony, they will both play at lot where their going. Cook may even start by mid year for fsu. Sony will work behind those two juniors who are gone after this year, and will be by himself next year.

:ibisroflmao: do you realize how good Cook and Sony are? They BOTH would've contributed.

Agree. Either of them would have gotten burn from day one here.

I think some Canes are under valuing Yearby. If he is fully healthy he has the potential to get a lot of carries. We simply don't have the talent on our roster to keep him off the field. He's small, but like Duke it's really difficult to get a solid hit on him. So, I expect him to play a lot this season, and I look forward to seeing him on the field at the same time as Duke.

I think some Canes are under valuing Yearby. If he is fully healthy he has the potential to get a lot of carries. We simply don't have the talent on our roster to keep him off the field. He's small, but like Duke it's really difficult to get a solid hit on him. So, I expect him to play a lot this season, and I look forward to seeing him on the field at the same time as Duke.

Sony had a worse injury......agree Yearby will be great

If he gets a lot of carries we are in a lot of trouble. Not because he isn't going to be a stud but because we will have one of the best RB ins the country in Duke and we have two other decent back to compliment Duke. The very best thing for Miami would be to able to redshirt him. He is going to be another Duke like back that we need more then than now.

Advertisement
no one under estimating him. Crawford filled in nicely. he's not as talented as yearby, but, he will be a jr who got a lot of work and should also improve. he will deserve some carries. gus should make a nice jump from his freshman year to his soph year and deserve some carries. yearby should get enough work to be ready to be the top back in 2015.

Agree. Either of them would have gotten burn from day one here.

no one said they would not get any burn, but they are going to get HUge burn where their at now. I would not be surprised if Cook is starting up in tallahassee by mid-year, there is NO depth there. As for Georgia Sony will not have to compete against 4 cats like he would at UM.

SMH FSUs backfield has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more depth than ours and comparing UGAs to Miami and saying there is more competition here is laughable, UGA has Gurley and Marshall already there Gurley will leave after this year Marshall probably won't. Duke=Gurley Marshall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gus and Crawford
Chub=Yearby
Sony would've been #2 from day 1 here.

Advertisement
Joe Yearby without of doubt was one of the best RB's this year in the nation and due to injury, His national perception took a few hits and many are not even talking about him as a gem for this class. How does he impact this team in 2014? I hope he plays a huge role because i cant take another Dallas and Gus thunder and thunder campaign. #DALE

Too many on here have not been talking about him simply because they were infatuated and butt hurt that we didn't get cook or sony. Yearby is going to kill it at the U, it's unfortunate he hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves.

Advertisement
Back