Joe yearby

Id rather start the more productive of the 2 Yearby, who may not be a burner and break an 80 yard run, but knows how to cutback and make people miss and is deadly out of the backfield

Over the guy who runs up Linders *** every play if theres not a 3foot wide hole available and has the vision of a 16 year old with beer goggles on.

Also the numbers heavily favor Yearby production wise

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm in agreement that Yearby should be the main back. He is shifty.

While I don't deny he lacks top end speed, on the run in question I thought the defender had the angle the whole time.

In general, our RB tandom is more than serviceable and certainly not the cause of our offensive woes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Yearby isn't going to the house outside of 25-30 yards, but that dude ALWAYS makes the first guy miss and usually picks the correct hole. Feed this cat the rock!

I like Walton too but I am getting to the point where I want to see more of Yearby as well. He was a 1,000 yard rusher last year. We dont have an elite talent on our roster yet at RB (Homer might be but lets see first)..So TBrown has to work with what he has got at his disposal.

RB is the last thing I am worried about concerning recruiting. Brown and Richt know how to recruit 5* backs and know what one looks like.

Advertisement
I feel Walton is the better back out of a traditional run-formation, but he's not so great out of the shotgun (which we did a lot of Sat). He's needs to get some acceleration before getting the ball.

Elder ran down COOK with ease.
I had an argument with a fsu fan about this the other day. His point was, "yea, but he had the angle". But my reply was when have you ever seen anyone run Cook down, angle or no angle?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Joe Yearby is definitely Miami caliber and it's stupid to think otherwise, but he should've tried to fake him out but didn't. I knew we weren't going to score bc of who our QB is. It wasn't Yearbys fault bc he put us in perfect position to score, but a faster rb would've scored. His burst is elite but his top speed isn't.

Our RB's are what they are - none are studs, but we have to work with what we have. The real issue is why aren't we putting the ball in the hands of the RB that is performing the best, and gives us the best chance to win?

Walton has been ineffective in every ACC game he's ever played. Yearby has been the obvious better back in every ACC game last year, and this year. Yet Richt continues to use Walton as a workhorse. Why? Trying to comeback against FSU and UNC, Richt force feeds the ball to Walton even though he's not getting results.

More concerning than the play calls, is the fact that Richt can't identify who his best RB is. And I don't see how that changes. If he hasn't seen all he needs to see from Walton by now - what would make it change for the rest of the year?

I believe thats Browns job anyway (RB rotations in game)

Advertisement
Back