Joe yearby

Likedis

Band
Banned
That run at the end of the game and he got caught from behind shows me all I need to see about this team. Until we get back to having a rb that would house that run we won't get back to where we need to be.

He looked so slow on that run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Been saying this. These RBs are not Miami caliber

Give Walton yearbys vision and you have a back. Very frustrating watching Walton run into the back of the line and not seeing lanes that are open.

Yearby is just too slow. Kid runs hard and has some great wiggle but he's about a 4.8 forty back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our RB's are what they are - none are studs, but we have to work with what we have. The real issue is why aren't we putting the ball in the hands of the RB that is performing the best, and gives us the best chance to win?

Walton has been ineffective in every ACC game he's ever played. Yearby has been the obvious better back in every ACC game last year, and this year. Yet Richt continues to use Walton as a workhorse. Why? Trying to comeback against FSU and UNC, Richt force feeds the ball to Walton even though he's not getting results.

More concerning than the play calls, is the fact that Richt can't identify who his best RB is. And I don't see how that changes. If he hasn't seen all he needs to see from Walton by now - what would make it change for the rest of the year?

Nobody has Miami speed we were used to. Golden made them slow. Will take some time and new players to get some speed back.

Our RB's are what they are - none are studs, but we have to work with what we have. The real issue is why aren't we putting the ball in the hands of the RB that is performing the best, and gives us the best chance to win?

Walton has been ineffective in every ACC game he's ever played. Yearby has been the obvious better back in every ACC game last year, and this year. Yet Richt continues to use Walton as a workhorse. Why? Trying to comeback against FSU and UNC, Richt force feeds the ball to Walton even though he's not getting results.

More concerning than the play calls, is the fact that Richt can't identify who his best RB is. And I don't see how that changes. If he hasn't seen all he needs to see from Walton by now - what would make it change for the rest of the year?

yearby should get more carries
brown should know this too

Advertisement
Here we go.

No one is asking us to match the talent of Alabama.

We would like to be as successful offensively as teams like Illinois and James Madison were against UNC.

That run at the end of the game and he got caught from behind shows me all I need to see about this team. Until we get back to having a rb that would house that run we won't get back to where we need to be.

He looked so slow on that run.

That run was awesome, what he did to the LB in the hole was a thing of beauty.

He lacks high end speed but his feet and vision are A+. He should be the primary RB with Walton spelling him, not the other way around.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a "Yearby has questionable speed" thread title on the forum. Sheesh.

My eyes tell me that he should be our bell cow. He should be getting Walton's carries and vice versa. And with them both being proven receivers out of the backfield why couldn't Richt find a way to get them both on the field at the same time and do some fun stuff? Njoku, Herndon, Yearby, Walton, Coley would be a fun personnel package to experiment with.

Advertisement
I'd rather see Yearby get caught from behind after running 40 yds than see Walton get tackled head on after 3.

Walton is no faster than Yearby.

I'd rather see Yearby get caught from behind after running 40 yds than see Walton get tackled head on after 3.

THIS...THIS...THIS...THIS, DAMNITT!!!!

Walton is a 3 yards per carry and a cloud of dust type "workhorse"

Advertisement
Then you have the UM/UNC game announcers say "You'd be hard pressed to find a better RB duo than Yearby and Walton" and posters on here actually believe that. Wow!

Agree with this 100%. While neither Yearby nor Walton are of the caliber of the great backs we've had, it seems pretty clear to me that Yearby is a better all-around back, and definitely better suited to the scheme we use. His vision and cutback ability is significantly better than Walton's, and while we may give up some of the big-play ability because Yearby doesn't have as good top-end speed, I'd also much rather see Yearby get caught after medium runs, but have a couple chunk runs a game because of his vision, instead of seeing Walton break a long run against good competition occasionally, but more often have lots of 3 yard carries.

Also, I think it is easy to forget that Yearby did run for 1,000 yards last year, even after he had put on the Golden-required unnecessary weight. I think if we flipped the carries we've been giving to Walton and Yearby, so that Yearby is getting 15-20 and Walton is getting 8-12, our running game would be much more productive, and we'd end up in a lot more 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 2 instead of 2nd and 8 and 3rd and 6.

Advertisement
Back