Joe Yearby saves Al Golden!

As i have said multiple times before, he is highly motivated. With two kids, he has no choice but to ball out and get to the league

Yearby is smart and has always made good grades. He does not need the NFL to make money. He can always fall back on his education. I hate when people assume black kids only have football to provide for their kids.
Lets be honest. He is at miami to play football then head to the league. Thats his main goal. What you are talking about is a fallback

Advertisement
'Barry Sanders'.....LOL Is that you Larry?

Al Folden should be thankful that he has Joe on this team. Kid is a stud and saved his *** repeatedly tonight.

In the open field, JY reminds me of Barry Sanders minus the elite speed. He breaks ankles something nasty and makes it look effortless.

That run in the first half where he juked a couple of guys in the open field was hide yo wife, hide yo kids dirty.

Happy for the kid. Not happy that Folden gets to corch another game for our once proud U.

We fed yearby a lot last night and he answered the call. Love what he brings to the offense. The added weight will help him this year as he still looks quick and elusive

Al Folden should be thankful that he has Joe on this team. Kid is a stud and saved his *** repeatedly tonight.

In the open field, JY reminds me of Barry Sanders minus the elite speed. He breaks ankles something nasty and makes it look effortless.

That run in the first half where he juked a couple of guys in the open field was hide yo wife, hide yo kids dirty.

Happy for the kid. Not happy that Folden gets to corch another game for our once proud U.
He does make people look stupid in the open field. I'm willing to bet he will be on sports center this year for it.

Son, I know you were probably still in diapers when the legendary Barry Sanders played, but please READ before commenting.

I didn't say he was as good as BS. I said that "in the open field, he is Barry Sanders like, minus the elite speed."

Kid can change direction in a nasty way without losing speed and regularly makes dudes look foolish.

Please explain what is inaccurate or exaggerated about my statement.

Advertisement
Yea and then when he gets hurt like Duke Johnson you will call him soft.

RB's got to put on the pounds. It is a long season. You think the NFL wants him to weigh 185?

Going back to to the corner.

He's not in the NFL right now. Who cares what they want?

As a college running back, which is what he is, weighing a little less at this point would be a good thing.

As i have said multiple times before, he is highly motivated. With two kids, he has no choice but to ball out and get to the league

Yearby is smart and has always made good grades. He does not need the NFL to make money. He can always fall back on his education. I hate when people assume black kids only have football to provide for their kids.

Is this guy serious? Hmm let me see NFL starting average salary or college grad starting salary? and also I want him to succeed in life but 2 kids a year out of high school doesnt scream a smart kid or one who makes good decisions

Or at least one who uses contraceptives.

RB's got to put on the pounds. It is a long season. You think the NFL wants him to weigh 185?

As a college running back, which is what he is, weighing a little less at this point would be a good thing.

Sorry I don't not see any difference in speed and agility with the heavier yearby it just looks funny but the 180!pound yearby got ran down by a linebacker from cincinatti last year at least this Yearby can carry guys into the end zone

I do.

And I'm not saying that he should be 185 and I don't think he should be 205. A nice 195 is a good balance.

Advertisement
Yea and then when he gets hurt like Duke Johnson you will call him soft.

Pfff. Please. I've been the biggest supporter and defender of Duke on here. Pick the right poster to criticize for their trashing of Duke.

Though not that simple, I think he's gained a little too much and has turned into a good Big 10 RB. Golden can't get out out of his comfort zone of hefty slower ball control players. Hope I'm wrong but that's what we've had so far.
The OLine ain't helping.

He never had elite breaking speed at 180 pounds or in any point of his career in highschool. However he would consistently get you 40, 50 yard runs and or first downs

Sonny, VERY doubtful you've been around as long as me or many others who would understand my comment & chuckle. I'm well aware of the great Barry Sanders & just about any other name you can toss out there. Larry Coker (former Canes HC) used to compare certain RB's continually to Sanders ("when I coached Barry Sanders") until it became a running joke. :neonu:

Son, I know you were probably still in diapers when the legendary Barry Sanders played, but please READ before commenting.

I didn't say he was as good as BS. I said that "in the open field, he is Barry Sanders like, minus the elite speed."

Kid can change direction in a nasty way without losing speed and regularly makes dudes look foolish.

Please explain what is inaccurate or exaggerated about my statement.

Advertisement
Back