Joe Yearby IS enrolled

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m

According to @ChrisYandle, RB Joseph Yearby will be No. 2 for the #Canes.
Collapse

Advertisement
Anyone got info on where Yearby's at in his recovery? We need this dude 100% for Fall camp.

So you're implying all elite south Florida prospects can get paid large sums of money by SEC schools, but we don't partake in this behavior?

Or just that we pay less?

All of them CAN get paid. That doesn't mean all of them do get paid.

And UM isn't paying SEC money. Especially not while on probation and after going through this last investigation

Advertisement
I'm saying, if you believe SEC schools are handing out racks to elite players, we're not pulling down the Chad Thomases and Joseph Yearbys by walking into their homes empty handed.

I'm saying, if you believe SEC schools are handing out racks to elite players, we're not pulling down the Chad Thomases and Joseph Yearbys by walking into their homes empty handed.

this^

And these kids don't necessarily come from privileged backgrounds, to put it lightly. So a stack is pretty enticing to them and whoever their "guardian" is...

Im thinking of that pistol we tried to run against FSU with Dallas and Duke, would love to see that with Duke, Yearby, and a QB that can run, maybe Rosier

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m

According to @ChrisYandle, RB Joseph Yearby will be No. 2 for the #Canes.
Collapse

Michael Welch says f-you, Yearby, I'm #2 on offense

335.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
you guys fail to realize that boosters aren't the only sources of money to recruits.

ever wondered how drew rosenhaus scoops up basically everyone that played at Miami?

because he went to um.....lives in miami.....knows about the kids when they are freshman...and is very visible locally...been on channel 7 every sunday n the sports show since i was a kid.

plus dude is cheap.

Drew 'll shoot u a lil loner car or something when u sign..but he aint doing what them sec/big 10 boosters are doing.
**** them fsu kids from down here are riding around in camaros and challenger's etc. kids from the hood.

Add this to what vern said and the picture is clear. You guys live there, know players, parents, handlers, etc. and speak the truth. But still, many posters will laugh at cane4life and other who question how in the world some local talented kids who claim to be lifelong UM fans just chose to go somewhere else despite all the effort the staff does to reel them in. To make their points on how bad the staff is, it is ALWAYS the fault of the staff if a kid chooses to go somewhere other than the home town school.
Yes, Golden greatly disappointed this year but he has been a much better recruiter than both Coker and Shannon.

Blackvern specifically said we shouldn't be using kids getting paid as an excuse. Like many here have stated, we know these things occur, but it isn't as wide spread as you may want to believe. Do you think Miamj is paying Chad Thomas or any other recruit? If not, then what makes them so different then the Hundreds of S. fl recruits? We ain't selling these kids the program. Vern also pointed out how kids get paid and still end up at different schools. Recruiting has always been dirty, this is nothing new. I'm examining the staff this year. I've given them a pass for the last two years.

Golden is in perfect position to get the right kids in this class. The elite S Fl kids getting away is a concern. The administration has also made it a lot tougher for us to land kids who eventually go on to other schools. CANES4LIFE points out we have never recruited well, but the truth is the game is completely different today then fifteen years ago. Diamonds in the rough are far and few between. Those days of Ed Reeds as a two star are practically non existent. Plus we benefitted from exceptional developers and evaluators, which Golden hasn't proven to be.

Pretty much the entire culture of the athletic department has drastically changed and what we have now is a mediocre football program. Kids down here are detached more and more every year.

Kids without a doubt get paid, but it isn't near as widespread as most on here would have you believe. They think every south florida kid going to a BCS program is getting broken off, LOL.

Only the elite of the elite get paid. The sure-fire 1st round types who are once in a generation. It was 'rumored' Adrian Peterson only got something like 20k and that's with every major **** program in the country chasing him to bid up the price, but you think some every day run of the mill 4-star south florida back is getting a house for his family or 50k? **** outta here. The people who make those claims just don't understand how recruiting works period.

Not gonna name names but I knew a kid who was a consensus 4-5 star and signed with a high level BCS program and he got like 8k. That's basically scholarship money lol. The figures and claims being thrown around of these huge pay days are retarded.

Now, I'm not of the camp that believes that every kid that leaves South Florida is leaving because he got paid, but if the kid you knew only got 8 grand, then he got cheated. **** I went to AU in the mid 90's and know for a fact that a kid got 6 grand way back in 1995 (top 10 kid in the state of Florida), and that was from a school that he didn't even sign with! For you state of Florida guys it shouldn't be hard to figure out because he had to testify about it. LOL

because he went to um.....lives in miami.....knows about the kids when they are freshman...and is very visible locally...been on channel 7 every sunday n the sports show since i was a kid.

plus dude is cheap.

Drew 'll shoot u a lil loner car or something when u sign..but he aint doing what them sec/big 10 boosters are doing.
**** them fsu kids from down here are riding around in camaros and challenger's etc. kids from the hood.

Add this to what vern said and the picture is clear. You guys live there, know players, parents, handlers, etc. and speak the truth. But still, many posters will laugh at cane4life and other who question how in the world some local talented kids who claim to be lifelong UM fans just chose to go somewhere else despite all the effort the staff does to reel them in. To make their points on how bad the staff is, it is ALWAYS the fault of the staff if a kid chooses to go somewhere other than the home town school.
Yes, Golden greatly disappointed this year but he has been a much better recruiter than both Coker and Shannon.

Blackvern specifically said we shouldn't be using kids getting paid as an excuse. Like many here have stated, we know these things occur, but it isn't as wide spread as you may want to believe. Do you think Miamj is paying Chad Thomas or any other recruit? If not, then what makes them so different then the Hundreds of S. fl recruits? We ain't selling these kids the program. Vern also pointed out how kids get paid and still end up at different schools. Recruiting has always been dirty, this is nothing new. I'm examining the staff this year. I've given them a pass for the last two years.

Golden is in perfect position to get the right kids in this class. The elite S Fl kids getting away is a concern. The administration has also made it a lot tougher for us to land kids who eventually go on to other schools. CANES4LIFE points out we have never recruited well, but the truth is the game is completely different today then fifteen years ago. Diamonds in the rough are far and few between. Those days of Ed Reeds as a two star are practically non existent. Plus we benefitted from exceptional developers and evaluators, which Golden hasn't proven to be.

Pretty much the entire culture of the athletic department has drastically changed and what we have now is a mediocre football program. Kids down here are detached more and more every year.

Kids without a doubt get paid, but it isn't near as widespread as most on here would have you believe. They think every south florida kid going to a BCS program is getting broken off, LOL.

Only the elite of the elite get paid. The sure-fire 1st round types who are once in a generation. It was 'rumored' Adrian Peterson only got something like 20k and that's with every major **** program in the country chasing him to bid up the price, but you think some every day run of the mill 4-star south florida back is getting a house for his family or 50k? **** outta here. The people who make those claims just don't understand how recruiting works period.

Not gonna name names but I knew a kid who was a consensus 4-5 star and signed with a high level BCS program and he got like 8k. That's basically scholarship money lol. The figures and claims being thrown around of these huge pay days are retarded.

Now, I'm not of the camp that believes that every kid that leaves South Florida is leaving because he got paid, but if the kid you knew only got 8 grand, then he got cheated. **** I went to AU in the mid 90's and know for a fact that a kid got 6 grand way back in 1995 (top 10 kid in the state of Florida), and that was from a school that he didn't even sign with! For you state of Florida guys it shouldn't be hard to figure out because he had to testify about it. LOL

Yep. That "8 grand" he's talking about is the "handoff" seed money they give kids on OVs, or down payments. That isnt the final sum that a top level elite kid gets.

Yep. That "8 grand" he's talking about is the "handoff" seed money they give kids on OVs, or down payments. That isnt the final sum that a top level elite kid gets.

Nah it was in total.

He got like half of that straight up. And throughout the year they would send him stuff like boxes full of nike cleats, gloves, etc. as well as sneakers and stuff like that. Dude had what seemed like a hundred pair of Nike sneakers sent to him by the school. They also paid for him to come on his 'unofficial.' How else do you think these poor kids go on unofficial visits across the country when its supposed to be out of their own pockets.

Advertisement
Thank god that's over with. I just figured he wasn't in a hurry to start classes but you never know with these things.

He's gonna look fresh in the #2. Exciting for him and Duke to get rolling.

Put it this way, if we were buying recruits like the some in the $EC, F$U, Clem$on, O$U, U$C etc... then that would have been the first thing Nevin Shapiro would have told yahoo, b/c that would have put the nail in the coffin and we would have gotten the "death penalty".

We just have never had the $$$$ to win any bidding wars for players who are on the take.

Look at Patrick Peterson, Sammy Watkins and Dalvin Cook.

We couldn't win those^^^ bidding wars.

The elite players we land like Chad Thomas see something special in Miami that others (who might be on the take) might not.

If you think that Chad was not offered $$$$ by some schools, you are just naïve.

He just has his priorities in order and sees that UM has the 3rd best music school in the country and the best by far of any other school he was considering.

Some elite kids are smart and realize that if something happens and they get caught receiving $$$ to play, it can ruin their whole career and choose not to.

Yes some elite kids will take money to play for a school, but it is usually less than people think.

IMO maybe 2-4 players at the most in South FL this year got "paid to play", not the 10-15 that we make it out to be.

I do believe that in these cases where there is smoke there is fire and there has been tons of smoke about Dalvin Cook being on the take, and I fully believe he is getting paid by F$U. No sour grapes here, just with all the talk of him being shopped around little league and almost HS(Flo Rida rumor) by his folks.

But he^^^ is the only player this cycle that really seems like he is on the take, other than that Powell tweet about having to feed his family which IMO was taken outta context.

Brandon Powell is not the type of player you risk NCAA violations over, Cook maybe.

Put it this way, if we were buying recruits like the some in the $EC, F$U, Clem$on, O$U, U$C etc... then that would have been the first thing Nevin Shapiro would have told yahoo, b/c that would have put the nail in the coffin and we would have gotten the "death penalty".

We just have never had the $$$$ to win any bidding wars for players who are on the take.

Look at Patrick Peterson, Sammy Watkins and Dalvin Cook.

We couldn't win those^^^ bidding wars.

The elite players we land like Chad Thomas see something special in Miami that others (who might be on the take) might not.

If you think that Chad was not offered $$$$ by some schools, you are just naïve.

He just has his priorities in order and sees that UM has the 3rd best music school in the country and the best by far of any other school he was considering.

Some elite kids are smart and realize that if something happens and they get caught receiving $$$ to play, it can ruin their whole career and choose not to.

Yes some elite kids will take money to play for a school, but it is usually less than people think.

IMO maybe 2-4 players at the most in South FL this year got "paid to play", not the 10-15 that we make it out to be.

I do believe that in these cases where there is smoke there is fire and there has been tons of smoke about Dalvin Cook being on the take, and I fully believe he is getting paid by F$U. No sour grapes here, just with all the talk of him being shopped around little league and almost HS(Flo Rida rumor) by his folks.

But he^^^ is the only player this cycle that really seems like he is on the take, other than that Powell tweet about having to feed his family which IMO was taken outta context.

Brandon Powell is not the type of player you risk NCAA violations over, Cook maybe.

I would add Sony to that list of suspicious circumstances. Granted this is all specuation, but I think the Sony stuff is as curious as Cook if not more. I would also not be surprised if TV is in that mix. Considering who his "handler" is, and that L$U is involved.

I agree with you its not MANY kids, and certainly not most. Think at times it could be 3-4 kids, though I would not be surprised if there are 7 to as many as 10 on good years that get some level of $$$.

Powell may or may not have gotten a hook up. If he did, and it was only 15K, then I dont see why it wasnt worth it to UF. I mean that's pretty **** cheap to get the Broward POY.

Advertisement
Back