Joe Yearby IS enrolled

you guys fail to realize that boosters aren't the only sources of money to recruits.

ever wondered how drew rosenhaus scoops up basically everyone that played at Miami?

because he went to um.....lives in miami.....knows about the kids when they are freshman...and is very visible locally...been on channel 7 every sunday n the sports show since i was a kid.

plus dude is cheap.

Drew 'll shoot u a lil loner car or something when u sign..but he aint doing what them sec/big 10 boosters are doing.
**** them fsu kids from down here are riding around in camaros and challenger's etc. kids from the hood.

Add this to what vern said and the picture is clear. You guys live there, know players, parents, handlers, etc. and speak the truth. But still, many posters will laugh at cane4life and other who question how in the world some local talented kids who claim to be lifelong UM fans just chose to go somewhere else despite all the effort the staff does to reel them in. To make their points on how bad the staff is, it is ALWAYS the fault of the staff if a kid chooses to go somewhere other than the home town school.
Yes, Golden greatly disappointed this year but he has been a much better recruiter than both Coker and Shannon.

Advertisement
I'm probably just being skeptical because of the way things have been going on lately for the program. It seems odd that there are reports of him being in school and some reports of him not being there plus, correct me if I am wrong, but isnt he the only one of all the early enrolles to not have a picture of him on campus when he came to school? Don't the dead period end real soon here? I hope he is not having second thoughts and is waiting for dead period to end so he can talk to USF more. Again it is probably just me being skeptical due to the Powell incident and I hope we finally get confirmation tomorrow he is in fact at Miami and a picture of him on campus

Advertisement
you guys fail to realize that boosters aren't the only sources of money to recruits.

ever wondered how drew rosenhaus scoops up basically everyone that played at Miami?

because he went to um.....lives in miami.....knows about the kids when they are freshman...and is very visible locally...been on channel 7 every sunday n the sports show since i was a kid.

plus dude is cheap.

Drew 'll shoot u a lil loner car or something when u sign..but he aint doing what them sec/big 10 boosters are doing.
**** them fsu kids from down here are riding around in camaros and challenger's etc. kids from the hood.

Add this to what vern said and the picture is clear. You guys live there, know players, parents, handlers, etc. and speak the truth. But still, many posters will laugh at cane4life and other who question how in the world some local talented kids who claim to be lifelong UM fans just chose to go somewhere else despite all the effort the staff does to reel them in. To make their points on how bad the staff is, it is ALWAYS the fault of the staff if a kid chooses to go somewhere other than the home town school.
Yes, Golden greatly disappointed this year but he has been a much better recruiter than both Coker and Shannon.

Blackvern specifically said we shouldn't be using kids getting paid as an excuse. Like many here have stated, we know these things occur, but it isn't as wide spread as you may want to believe. Do you think Miamj is paying Chad Thomas or any other recruit? If not, then what makes them so different then the Hundreds of S. fl recruits? We ain't selling these kids the program. Vern also pointed out how kids get paid and still end up at different schools. Recruiting has always been dirty, this is nothing new. I'm examining the staff this year. I've given them a pass for the last two years.

Golden is in perfect position to get the right kids in this class. The elite S Fl kids getting away is a concern. The administration has also made it a lot tougher for us to land kids who eventually go on to other schools. CANES4LIFE points out we have never recruited well, but the truth is the game is completely different today then fifteen years ago. Diamonds in the rough are far and few between. Those days of Ed Reeds as a two star are practically non existent. Plus we benefitted from exceptional developers and evaluators, which Golden hasn't proven to be.

Pretty much the entire culture of the athletic department has drastically changed and what we have now is a mediocre football program. Kids down here are detached more and more every year.

plus dude is cheap.

Blackvern specifically said we shouldn't be using kids getting paid as an excuse. Like many here have stated, we know these things occur, but it isn't as wide spread as you may want to believe. Do you think Miamj is paying Chad Thomas or any other recruit? If not, then what makes them so different then the Hundreds of S. fl recruits? We ain't selling these kids the program. Vern also pointed out how kids get paid and still end up at different schools. Recruiting has always been dirty, this is nothing new. I'm examining the staff this year. I've given them a pass for the last two years.

Golden is in perfect position to get the right kids in this class. The elite S Fl kids getting away is a concern. The administration has also made it a lot tougher for us to land kids who eventually go on to other schools. CANES4LIFE points out we have never recruited well, but the truth is the game is completely different today then fifteen years ago. Diamonds in the rough are far and few between. Those days of Ed Reeds as a two star are practically non existent. Plus we benefitted from exceptional developers and evaluators, which Golden hasn't proven to be.

Pretty much the entire culture of the athletic department has drastically changed and what we have now is a mediocre football program. Kids down here are detached more and more every year.

Kids without a doubt get paid, but it isn't near as widespread as most on here would have you believe. They think every south florida kid going to a BCS program is getting broken off, LOL.

Only the elite of the elite get paid. The sure-fire 1st round types who are once in a generation. It was 'rumored' Adrian Peterson only got something like 20k and that's with every major **** program in the country chasing him to bid up the price, but you think some every day run of the mill 4-star south florida back is getting a house for his family or 50k? **** outta here. The people who make those claims just don't understand how recruiting works period.

Not gonna name names but I knew a kid who was a consensus 4-5 star and signed with a high level BCS program and he got like 8k. That's basically scholarship money lol. The figures and claims being thrown around of these huge pay days are retarded.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chris Yandle @ChrisYandle
It's official: just confirmed with our academic advisors. Joseph Yearby enrolled in classes this morning at The U.

THANK CHRIST ALLMIGHTY we can finally put this F*CKING mess to rest.

Of all the negative sh*t flowing through these boards the last few weeks, this was really the icing on the cake. We need some positive news and to calm down. Not every kid is going to decommit and ***** us. We got our #1 RB target in school, enrolled and set. Today is a good day.

Kids get paid and get paid ALot, you're naive if you think otherwise IMO.

Listen to what is out there.

Ricky Seals dad said he got offered 600k by 2 schools.

Cam's dad admitted to asking for 200K. That's what's out there, and the booster clubs are how they funnel
Funds through IMO.

Ive also heard the number 600k for another high profile ACC signee.

Advertisement

plus dude is cheap.

Kids without a doubt get paid, but it isn't near as widespread as most on here would have you believe. They think every south florida kid going to a BCS program is getting broken off, LOL.

Only the elite of the elite get paid. The sure-fire 1st round types who are once in a generation. It was 'rumored' Adrian Peterson only got something like 20k and that's with every major **** program in the country chasing him to bid up the price, but you think some every day run of the mill 4-star south florida back is getting a house for his family or 50k? **** outta here. The people who make those claims just don't understand how recruiting works period.

Not gonna name names but I knew a kid who was a consensus 4-5 star and signed with a high level BCS program and he got like 8k. That's basically scholarship money lol. The figures and claims being thrown around of these huge pay days are retarded.

Agree and disagree. Not every kid is getting top deals. But just about every athlete is enjoying benefits. Those benefits, however, aren't always directly to the athlete. People need to look at the people around them. Maybe an uncle gets a job at a car dealership. Maybe mom and dad get a big check from an anonymous donor to a foundation they run. Maybe a brother gets a new car. Auntie gets appointed to a board.

People need to stop thinking about straight cash payments. Those happen. But there are so many perfectly legitimate ways to put the hooks in that are cleaner than straight cash.

And for the record, yes I believe Miami does it too we just don't do it as well as we should. Its a different culture than what is found in college towns.

plus dude is cheap.

Agree and disagree. Not every kid is getting top deals. But just about every athlete is enjoying benefits. Those benefits, however, aren't always directly to the athlete. People need to look at the people around them. Maybe an uncle gets a job at a car dealership. Maybe mom and dad get a big check from an anonymous donor to a foundation they run. Maybe a brother gets a new car. Auntie gets appointed to a board.

People need to stop thinking about straight cash payments. Those happen. But there are so many perfectly legitimate ways to put the hooks in that are cleaner than straight cash.

And for the record, yes I believe Miami does it too we just don't do it as well as we should. Its a different culture than what is found in college towns.

This. The SEC and big programs have this down to a SCIENCE. People think its still the old "bag man" cometh with a stack of cash. That isnt how it works many times. Look at Patrick Peterson. They give these kids family members phantom jobs with big paychecks, cars, the kids get phantom jobs, the "car dealership" scam is a HUGE one in SEC country, where the kids have some fake job at a dealership, get $$$ for doing nothing, and drive around in nice cars all year. In college towns and in the SEC states, the alumni and booster networks are MASSIVE. LSU can have boosters in any part of the state hook a kid up. Same thing in Alabama for Auburn and Alabama, they have boosters in every town, alumni in every town. UGA, Tenn, etc..... so they can give in state players whatever they want, and, the community will tolerate it, if not flat out endorse it.

UM cannot do the same thing. How big is UM's alumni and booster base in many parts of Florida? **** UM alumni arent even the majority in South Florida. UM cant get away with a fraction of what the big state/SEC programs do.

So you're implying all elite south Florida prospects can get paid large sums of money by SEC schools, but we don't partake in this behavior?

Or just that we pay less?

Chris Yandle @ChrisYandle
It's official: just confirmed with our academic advisors. Joseph Yearby enrolled in classes this morning at The U.

400.gif

Advertisement
Back