Joe Yearby IS enrolled

Cook and Sony both seemed like guys that wanted the college town atmosphere with 80k crowds. I think it was a big factor for both and not something we can offer. I don't know if money was any kind of a factor.

Advertisement
I'm saying, if you believe SEC schools are handing out racks to elite players, we're not pulling down the Chad Thomases and Joseph Yearbys by walking into their homes empty handed.

Put it this way, if we were buying recruits like the some in the $EC, F$U, Clem$on, O$U, U$C etc... then that would have been the first thing Nevin Shapiro would have told yahoo, b/c that would have put the nail in the coffin and we would have gotten the "death penalty".

We just have never had the $$$$ to win any bidding wars for players who are on the take.

Look at Patrick Peterson, Sammy Watkins and Dalvin Cook.

We couldn't win those^^^ bidding wars.

The elite players we land like Chad Thomas see something special in Miami that others (who might be on the take) might not.

If you think that Chad was not offered $$$$ by some schools, you are just naïve.

He just has his priorities in order and sees that UM has the 3rd best music school in the country and the best by far of any other school he was considering.

Some elite kids are smart and realize that if something happens and they get caught receiving $$$ to play, it can ruin their whole career and choose not to.

Yes some elite kids will take money to play for a school, but it is usually less than people think.

IMO maybe 2-4 players at the most in South FL this year got "paid to play", not the 10-15 that we make it out to be.

I do believe that in these cases where there is smoke there is fire and there has been tons of smoke about Dalvin Cook being on the take, and I fully believe he is getting paid by F$U. No sour grapes here, just with all the talk of him being shopped around little league and almost HS(Flo Rida rumor) by his folks.

But he^^^ is the only player this cycle that really seems like he is on the take, other than that Powell tweet about having to feed his family which IMO was taken outta context.

Brandon Powell is not the type of player you risk NCAA violations over, Cook maybe.

Sony? :noidea:

Recruits get paid. Not all of them but a decent amount. I think it even happens at smaller programs.

Nature of the beast these days.

Advertisement
I'm saying, if you believe SEC schools are handing out racks to elite players, we're not pulling down the Chad Thomases and Joseph Yearbys by walking into their homes empty handed.

Put it this way, if we were buying recruits like the some in the $EC, F$U, Clem$on, O$U, U$C etc... then that would have been the first thing Nevin Shapiro would have told yahoo, b/c that would have put the nail in the coffin and we would have gotten the "death penalty".

We just have never had the $$$$ to win any bidding wars for players who are on the take.

Look at Patrick Peterson, Sammy Watkins and Dalvin Cook.

We couldn't win those^^^ bidding wars.

The elite players we land like Chad Thomas see something special in Miami that others (who might be on the take) might not.

If you think that Chad was not offered $$$$ by some schools, you are just naïve.

He just has his priorities in order and sees that UM has the 3rd best music school in the country and the best by far of any other school he was considering.

Some elite kids are smart and realize that if something happens and they get caught receiving $$$ to play, it can ruin their whole career and choose not to.

Yes some elite kids will take money to play for a school, but it is usually less than people think.

IMO maybe 2-4 players at the most in South FL this year got "paid to play", not the 10-15 that we make it out to be.

I do believe that in these cases where there is smoke there is fire and there has been tons of smoke about Dalvin Cook being on the take, and I fully believe he is getting paid by F$U. No sour grapes here, just with all the talk of him being shopped around little league and almost HS(Flo Rida rumor) by his folks.

But he^^^ is the only player this cycle that really seems like he is on the take, other than that Powell tweet about having to feed his family which IMO was taken outta context.

Brandon Powell is not the type of player you risk NCAA violations over, Cook maybe.

Sony? :noidea:

I don't believe Sony got paid, but was under the assumption that UGA was bringing in his brother which looks as though is no longer happening.

Would love to put the full court press on Sony, but many have said he is no longer interested in us and that ship has sailed.

Advertisement
I dont understand what the problem is with us raiding Jersey? We always raided Jersey, and so did every other major program on the East coast until Schiano made Rutgers at least somewhat respectable. PSU made a living stealing most of the best talent out of Jersey. Now that Rutgers is back in the dumps, and PSU has had some issues, its actually been very smart to build a pipeline into Jersey. As long as our foundation is still based on South Florida, which it IS, then we can supplement it with great players from places like Jersey and it will only make us better. Jersey is probably the biggest state, along with IL, that produces a decent amount of NFL calibur players, and doesnt really have a dominant Football program to keep those kids in state. PSU is the closest thing they have.

Advertisement
I dont understand what the problem is with us raiding Jersey? We always raided Jersey, and so did every other major program on the East coast until Schiano made Rutgers at least somewhat respectable. PSU made a living stealing most of the best talent out of Jersey. Now that Rutgers is back in the dumps, and PSU has had some issues, its actually been very smart to build a pipeline into Jersey. As long as our foundation is still based on South Florida, which it IS, then we can supplement it with great players from places like Jersey and it will only make us better. Jersey is probably the biggest state, along with IL, that produces a decent amount of NFL calibur players, and doesnt really have a dominant Football program to keep those kids in state. PSU is the closest thing they have.

Yeah, let's stay away from talents like Kiy Hester, Al-Quadin Muhammad, and Kevin Olsen.

And in the future, don't recruit guys like Brandon Wimbush and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Facking morans won't stop reaching for bad news.

This board is like when your parents came home from a bad day at work and would spaz for a piece of lent being on the floor.

He's gonna look fresh in the #2. Exciting for him and Duke to get rolling.

Me too. Have we heard anything regarding expected recovery? Will he be healthy enough to play in the 2014-15 season? Should he just be red shirted to save a year and get 1000% healthy??

We literally, and I mean LITERALLY, have 3 players on this years team that are from New Jersey and on scholarship. They are AQM, trash right, Olsen pierre, and Kevin Olsen. Lmao certain people just wanna trash this team no matter what. And we only have 2-3 more coming in lol. We havelike 70 players from south florida but get a few from jersey, we are jersey south now lmao.

Advertisement

I made the comment about about USR in jest in response to Notsince 1985's post. Apparently, some people are wrapped way too tight right now. Of course, we should recruit NJ hard. There are a ton of good players there, and we always were at our best in-filling the roster with kids from other regions (TX, CA, PA/NJ, etc.). That said - way too many newbies/Chicken Littles on here right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back