Joe Salave’a

Nah Miami's defensive philosophy was of boom or bust variety. It's why you get high TFLs and Sack numbers but get gutted by the UNCs of the world.

Oregon had space eaters freeing up edge guys and linebackers so the dline numbers aren't flashy
A reasonable response. But he's not putting dudes in the league. KT would ball out anywhere. Never really manned a dominant front.

I'm not sure why theres excitement over him.

Hes not awful by any means. Hes serviceable. We could do worse.

But if we have all this new money for coordinators, there are better options than this one.

Advertisement
A reasonable response. But he's not putting dudes in the league. KT would ball out anywhere. Never really manned a dominant front.

But if we have all this new money for coordinators, there are better options than this one.
Like who? He's a top 5-10 DL coach in CFB

I'm not sure what the fuss is about either. All I keep hearing is that "he can get us Samoan and Polynesian kids bro."
🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement

Ideally the pro turnout improves with the guys he has access to at Miami. He seems to max out production of the guys he has. A guy like Hercules Mataafa is a credit to his evaluations.

3/4 of all Pac 12 DLine were Oregon players.. If you don't want to give him credit for Thibs, how about the other two who were 3 star recruits.. And one was from Deerfield Beach that we didn't even want

Advertisement
Yup already sending out offers
What is exactly wrong with Mastro? People say we can do better but don't ever give an answer. Dude has 25+ years coaching RBs and just Developed Travis Dye and CJ Verdell. Some say he's a bad recruiter on here but I don't get we're that's coming from? He recruited 5 Star WR Troy Franklin last year and recruited Blue Chip RBs Seven McGee and Byron Caldwell. Also B-Mac will likely be the guy recruiting the Skill positions
Seems like the best thing about Master imo is gameplanning and actual coaching up he RBs. But the thing is RB coach is probably the least important out of all coaches for actually being able to coach the position well. Its almost always better to just have a top recruiter there. But with Mario and McClendon on Offense as well as a top OC (that makes the offense appealing and successful) and we shouldn't have any problems whatsoever recruiting top RBs. I mean we never really have had any problems recruiting top RBs regardless of coach, so idk why anyone thinks hiring Master will make a difference there...

Haku/Meng is without doubt the toughness man the wrestling business has ever seen, not even the Steiner brothers would mess with him, the road stories of Haku are legendary!

And he actually did have a son who played LB at UTEP, Tevita aka Tanga Loa who used to be in NXT & TNA, I think he still wrestles for New Japan today.
Toughest SOB ever and heard he was the nicest man until you ****ed him off

Seems like the best thing about Master imo is gameplanning and actual coaching up he RBs. But the thing is RB coach is probably the least important out of all coaches for actually being able to coach the position well. Its almost always better to just have a top recruiter there. But with Mario and McClendon on Offense as well as a top OC (that makes the offense appealing and successful) and we shouldn't have any problems whatsoever recruiting top RBs. I mean we never really have had any problems recruiting top RBs regardless of coach, so idk why anyone thinks hiring Master will make a difference there...
I think we could make Patke RB Coach and he would be able to land a 4 Star RB lol. RBs will always want to play for the university of Miami, so Recruiting will never be a problem. I can't remember the last time we didn't have quality RBs here.

Florida kids - at least those of us in Miami - watched the Gordon Solie and Jim Ross WCW precursors like Championship Wrestling from Florida on Saturday mornings then I think it was the National Wrestling Alliance??? Rhodes, Flair, the Windhams - ****, I’ll go back to Pak Song to Mike and Eddie Graham and Jack and Jerry Briscoe through Nikolai Volkoff on that production.

In the 80’s I got to college in DC and my Brooklyn, NY roommate was into WWF - Superfly Snuka and that group. I didn’t really know that much about it. I had seen the names in magazines but I don’t remember wing exposed to it on tv before that.

Wasn't just Miami. It was SoFla and Central Florida too. The shows were filmed in Tampa. A ton of the wrestlers lived in Orlando or Tampa. Florida Championship Wrestling used to come on every Saturday morning (at least) on the independent Orlando channel that eventually became a Fox affiliate.

I've hung out with Kevin Nash many, many times when I was working over in Daytona. He's good friends with one of my former co-workers and her brother, he used to come out to our work/personal get-togethers all the time. The guy who used to be Johnny B. Badd (real name is Marc Mero) lives in Orlando and frequently goes on the main morning talk show in Central Florida (The Monsters).

Advertisement
you better trust that Snuka’s knees will hit the mat first and absorb most of the impact. Snuka had to be a great athlete.
They both felt it... I mean you see Muraco leaning up some as Snuka is coming bracing for it.... It's a tough bump for both any way you slice it...

Last edited:
Wasn't just Miami. It was SoFla and Central Florida too. The shows were filmed in Tampa. A ton of the wrestlers lived in Orlando or Tampa. Florida Championship Wrestling used to come on every Saturday morning (at least) on the independent Orlando channel that eventually became a Fox affiliate.

I've hung out with Kevin Nash many, many times when I was working over in Daytona. He's good friends with one of my former co-workers and her brother, he used to come out to our work/personal get-togethers all the time. The guy who used to be Johnny B. Badd (real name is Marc Mero) lives in Orlando and frequently goes on the main morning talk show in Central Florida (The Monsters).
Yup, it was based in Tampa. The Graham’s were there as well as the Briscoe’s I believe

Yup, it was based in Tampa. The Graham’s were there as well as the Briscoe’s I believe

Yeah, the "Tampa Sportatorium" was just some random storefront building on a busy street in Tampa. Hilarious. I remember as a kid thinking "I want to go to that arena" and then finding out it didn't really exist...

1640317792765.png

Advertisement
U have to recruit under Mario and that should be expected of all coaches. If u do half your job f off my team.....cfb the name of the game is talent. I'm happy to see Simpson go and he got a pass by this fan base alot I don't know why.
People liked the idea of him. Needless to say it didn’t work.

Florida kids - at least those of us in Miami - watched the Gordon Solie and Jim Ross WCW precursors like Championship Wrestling from Florida on Saturday mornings then I think it was the National Wrestling Alliance??? Rhodes, Flair, the Windhams - ****, I’ll go back to Pak Song to Mike and Eddie Graham and Jack and Jerry Briscoe through Nikolai Volkoff on that production.

In the 80’s I got to college in DC and my Brooklyn, NY roommate was into WWF - Superfly Snuka and that group. I didn’t really know that much about it. I had seen the names in magazines but I don’t remember wing exposed to it on tv before that.
The 60's , 70's and early 80's were the territory days.... NWA was the Major Wrestling org. recognized by most of the Southern and Southwest and Mid-Atlantic territories ... WWF controlled the Northeast and AWA controlled some of the upper midwest and Cali.... Each Territory has Champs from within but Most recognized Flair , Race, Rhoads or whoever held the NWA title as the world champ...
I grew up in the Northeast so WWF was my thing but I used to get Fla Championship Wrestling on a UHF channel so I'd watch that when I could... Later on Cable came around and I got to watch Georgia Championship Wrestling on TBS...
I think I covered most of this in the past....LOL!!!!.... I still watch wrestling now... One part of my childhood I won't let go of... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I know all about it brother. Ric Flair told the story of Haku biting a guy's nose off in a bar lol
Yeah, I saw that video. There’s also the story of the time the he beat the **** out of 5 dudes in a bar. That one was told by the one of the Nasty Boys. He said that by the time he was gonna go help, it was over.

Also saw another video where supposedly Barbarian came upstairs one night at their hotel (I forgot who told the story), but the tale has it that Barbarian was white as a ghost.

Apparently some dude walked up to Haku while he was eating with family and friends and told Haku that he heard that he was tough. Haku said, “I don’t want no trouble, brotha, I’m just trying to have a meal with my friends. Please leave.”

The guy left for a few minutes and came back and once again said, “I heard that you’re a real tough guy. Why don’t you show me”? Haku said, “ I already told you that I don’t want no trouble, brotha. Please leave. Im not gonna tell you again.”

So the guy leaves again for a few minutes, and then makes the biggest mistake of his life. He comes back in and walks up to Haku a third time. This time Haku gets up and sticks his hands in the dudes mouth and rips his tongue out in front of everyone.

Barbarian was sitting at another table eating, and saw the whole thing go down. He said that he lost his appetite after watching Haku do that. 🤣

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back