Joe rose

Advertisement
don't you know by know they just ask softballs to keep the guest comfortable so they keep coming back on the show

He’s such a pu$$y didn’t have the balls to ask Many why he didn’t use the timeout and waited when there was only 13 seconds before he called one
What's the difference? What kind of answer did you think we were going to get from Temple's 3rd choice? I am honestly not piling on Manny. He isn't a head coach at this point. Lazy hire. Some on this board thought the game has passed Butch Davis but I will say this, He is the ONLY one that was begging for the job. Richt was toast emotionally and Manny should have gotten his feet wet at Temple. If Manny was truly what we had in mind then Butch could have carried the bag just as Mack Brown is doing for Carolina. I live near Chapel Hill. Mack is holding the weight until that OC is ready. The difference is that an OC can take of a Carolina and be fine with expectations. You can't do that at Miami. This is big boy football. Well, at least it used to be.

The next couple of years will cement the program into the 7 to 8 win threshold. It's what we are. I don't blame Manny or Golden. I blame the AD. Those guys were not ready for Miami. I will always love the school and the program. But it's time to accept what is there.

Advertisement
If anybody connected with the program can read this... tell Manny to go rewatch Cardinals-Lions final 4 minutes last night.

Spoiler alert: it’s better to actually call your timeouts, even if that means the other team has the ball. As soon as UNC got in the red zone we should have been calling timeouts to save us clock. If they had only needed a field goal to win, that’s a different story.

I largely disagree with most of the coach slander over the past couple days, but that was horrible. Gave ourselves no chance to win the game in regulation.

What's the difference? What kind of answer did you think we were going to get from Temple's 3rd choice? I am honestly not piling on Manny. He isn't a head coach at this point. Lazy hire. Some on this board thought the game has passed Butch Davis but I will say this, He is the ONLY one that was begging for the job. Richt was toast emotionally and Manny should have gotten his feet wet at Temple. If Manny was truly what we had in mind then Butch could have carried the bag just as Mack Brown is doing for Carolina. I live near Chapel Hill. Mack is holding the weight until that OC is ready. The difference is that an OC can take of a Carolina and be fine with expectations. You can't do that at Miami. This is big boy football. Well, at least it used to be.

The next couple of years will cement the program into the 7 to 8 win threshold. It's what we are. I don't blame Manny or Golden. I blame the AD. Those guys were not ready for Miami. I will always love the school and the program. But it's time to accept what is there.
Butch was an atrocious game day coach when he first got the gig, so let’s not re-write history. He got a bit better as the years went along but was never viewed as a tactician on the sidelines.

More to your point, I get the frustration (really). But Mack just won two games that could have gone the other way. He’s getting a lot of benefit of the doubt, where Manny gets none not only because of how we played (that’s on him) but also due to the coaching baggage we’ve carried (not on him).

Patience is a **** of a thing to ask for at this time, but I think he can turn this around and that we’ll see signs of it turning this year.

Advertisement
Manny will do well, it's just not going to be over night. Our offense looked better than it has in years IMO. Just going to take a while to click.

Manny will do well, it's just not going to be over night. Our offense looked better than it has in years IMO. Just going to take a while to click.

While I agree with most of this, why can't we have both units operating well at the same time? First it was Golden where the offense was fine but the defense sucked. Then we had the Mark Richt years where the defense was mostly great but the offense sucked. Now we're back to the offense doing well but the defense not good? Just can't understand why both can't work at the same time. I've blocked the Coker and Shannon years so I don't remember what actually worked well (if anything) during those years.

While I agree with most of this, why can't we have both units operating well at the same time? First it was Golden where the offense was fine but the defense sucked. Then we had the Mark Richt years where the defense was mostly great but the offense sucked. Now we're back to the offense doing well but the defense not good? Just can't understand why both can't work at the same time. I've blocked the Coker and Shannon years so I don't remember what actually worked well (if anything) during those years.

The most incredible part is we can't sort out our offense under an offensive head coach (Richt) and then can't sort out the defense under a defensive head coach (Manny).

Advertisement
I mentioned this in another thread but we have inexperienced people being forced to play significant minutes on both sides of the ball. It's a side effect (IMO) of the repeated unbalanced recruiting classes we've had. They're going to make mistakes and when it happens, the pattern appears random.

Facts

I said that in my video why not wait for Diaz to see what he can do at Temple and hire BD? Its not like someone was going to steal MD we coukd afford to wait but we panic like always. We lie to the fans and say we will have a well thpught out coaching search bs talk. MD gets hired fans knew they lied but still bought in cause they just dont care then they started to convince themselves like every other hire that this was the guy....rinse recycle repeat.....same new miami......bring back the old miami

It ended up being 4th down anyways right? Clock didn't matter.

Missing field goals (block better on fg attempts), missing a PAT, missed catch that was in the hands for a two point conversion (which if we made the PAT wouldn't have happened).

How is this on the coach. If u want to say we need a special teams coach etc sure, how we came out flat sure but all this other nonsense lol

Advertisement
Thought the Joe Rose interview was informative. Enjoy the insights from hearing Manny's straightforward talk and the insights he provides into the complexities of plays.

Bingo. This all sits squarely on the AD.

Offense produced 25 points and wilted in the red zone. Let’s not get carried away.

Brad Kaaya used to tear it up between the 20s, too.

I don't blame Manny for the timeout not being called sooner.part of learning to be a hc.every hc in the beginning of their careers have made mistakes like this.problem we should have with manny was our team wasn't mentally ready for these two games we lost.at times players were out of position especially the game punt vs Florida and the 4th and 17 vs nc.both plays a championship team does not allow to happen.

Advertisement
Back