Joe Rose pushing Mario to Hire Jason Taylor

Joe was saying Jason's two sons will graduate soon and Jason is a beast studying the game and schemes and wants to stay in the game as a coach somewhere in college or the NFL soon. I would think he'd be an excellent recruiter and teaching coach and, having a HOF'er on the team, this could be a strong move. I'm not a coach or former player, just a fan, so I don't know.
Would be a huge get...

For a Diaz coached team. Mario is going for best staff in the country at this point.

Edit: No disrespect to Jason Taylor few years he will probably get a job like this and excel. We big game fishing. I want to poach coaches on these last 2 hires.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I honestly think hiring Jason Taylor as a sole DE coach is a great move. He is an absolute living legend and has coaching experience at the HS Level already. And he already lives down here. To me that’s a hire that continues to unify south Florida to rally around this team & he gets the chance to develop as a coach

I honestly think hiring Jason Taylor as a sole DE coach is a great move. He is an absolute living legend and has coaching experience at the HS Level already. And he already lives down here. To me that’s a hire that continues to unify south Florida to rally around this team & he gets the chance to develop as a coach
We just hired Roland Smith has a more impressive resume as an analyst. We should hire Jason Taylor as another analyst and hire someone bigger from CFP (or NFL) as the DE coach.

Is the last position coach going to be at DE? I thought TE was a possibility. And who is doing STs?

Advertisement
I think Jason Taylor is an announcer for some dolphins games...i could be wrong though but i swore he atleast did pre season games.

I think Jason Taylor is an announcer for some dolphins games...i could be wrong though but i swore he atleast did pre season games.
Jason Taylor already accomplished what most football players can only hope for, but the six-time NFL Pro Bowler and Miami Dolphins legend is not done climbing the ladder. Taylor aspires to coach in the collegiate ranks, per The Joe Rose Show.

Taylor is the defensive coordinator at Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School, a position that he has held for two years after spending some time on the defensive staff beforehand

“Coach Taylor and coach (Wes) Carroll have been a holistic blessing to our football program,” St. Thomas Aquinas coach Roger Harriott said at the time of Taylor’s promotion, per The Sun Sentinel. “They’re both dedicated with pride and enthusiasm. We’re fortunate to have them on our side, and I’m personally grateful that they’ve accepted this opportunity to lead with me. Along with their football acumen, they both possess a variety of admirable character traits as family-oriented leaders.”

Of course, Taylor’s name is more recognizable for his accomplishments on the field. He was a standout defensive end for all of an illustrious 14-year career, spanning from 1997 to 2011. He spent most of that time with the Dolphins, the team that selected the Akron product in the third round of the 1997 NFL Draft.

Taylor was a four-time All-Pro, two-time AFC Defensive Player of the Year and, in 2006, was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year after recording 61 tackles, 13.5 sacks, nine forced fumbles and two interceptions. He also led the league in sacks in 2002 with 18.5, his career high.

He made an immediate impact his rookie year with five sacks and two forced fumbles, continuing to improve with each subsequent season. Taylor’s career totals are staggering, with 774 tackles, 139.5 sacks, 47 forced fumbles, eight interceptions and nine total defensive touchdowns.

Taylor also made a deep run on the popular reality T.V. show Dancing With the Stars, participating in the show’s sixth season in 2008 — the lone year that he spent with the Washington Football Team.

Given his status in the professional football field, and the fact that he coaches at one of the premier high school programs in the United States, Taylor likely has multiple contacts and ties in the college coaching world.

His son, Mason, is currently committed to LSU as a tight end. The 247Sports Composite ranks the St. Thomas Aquinas product as the No. 461 prospect nationally, No. 21 tight end and No. 58 prospect in the state of Florida.

Advertisement
I think Mario wants a more seasoned coach, but if, for the 10th coach, at a position where there is overlap anyway, he decided to go outside the box, hiring one of the best DE's to ever play the game, who has been GRINDING at the HS level as a coordinator even though he's worth eight figures, and is basically a massive celebrity rock star in Miami... I'm beyond good with it, not that our opinions matter. Can you imagine what some of these kids (and especially the moms and dads lol) would think when he walks through the door to recruit?

Many here have always talked about wanting an Ed Reed or a Ray Lewis to come back and coach. This is that, except Taylor has proven he's willing to be humble and grind at the HS level. The guy has forgotten more about playing DE than most top coaches will ever know... for me it's about whether the ex-NFL star types are willing to grind 60+ hours a week and show hey can relate to young kids. He's definitely paid some dues in that respect already.

That said, I'd love to have a stud DE coach come in with JT as an analyst learning the terrain.

Last edited:
I think Mario wants a more seasoned coach, but if, for the 10th coach, at a position where there is overlap anyway, he decided to go outside the box, hiring one of the best DE's to ever play the game, who has been GRINDING at the HS level as a coordinator even though he's worth eight figures, and is basically a massive celebrity rock star in Miami... I'm beyond good with it, not that our opinions matter. Can you imagine what some of these kids (and especially the moms and dads lol) would think when he walks through the door to recruit?

Many here have always talked about wanting an Ed Reed or a Ray Lewis to come back and coach. This is that, except Taylor has proven he's willing to be humble and grind at the HS level. The guy has forgotten more about playing DE than most top coaches will ever know... for me it's about whether the ex-NFL star types are willing to grind 60+ hours a week and show hey can relate to young kids. He's definitely paid some dues in that respect already.

That said, I'd love to have a stud DE coach come in with JT as an analyst learning the terrain.
Like that plan

Excellent summary ... no down side to having JT on the staff for sure.

You’re the only who didn’t criticize, talk negatively since this thread started…made sense

Man, we have a bunch of haters on this site.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back