Joe Jackson 3rd String?

Advertisement
Weird stuff. Even weirder that Patchan took his spot on the first team. I would expect DJack to fill in on the strong side.

I think if you're going to take anything from the JJ/Patch stuff is that Patch is taking some 1 snaps. IMO, he is a big key for this defense to function at a very high level. If he stays healthy and can provide really good depth, it's yuuuge.

don't worry everyone, mrs. magoo will get to the bottom of this

Hello. Yes this is Susan.

SaN5dfyHM2-2.png

1. Hopefully JJ is not injured.
2. If he's being punished, then hopefully it doesn't mean for the entire LSU game (e.g. maybe he sits first series or first quarter).

Advertisement
Joe also seems to be the kind of kid that trouble doesn't follow.. the injury thing makes more sense

Advertisement
Either Joe or Demetrius being suspended would be shocking. Those 2 are as ideal student-athletes as you'll find.

More worried about Bandy. Lets hope its not a hamstring injury

In Manny's post practice interview he was asked out the arm brace. Said it was a precaution and a non serious injury, then offered the info that he practiced with the 3's.

I took that as to mean he was with the 3's because he was slightly injured.

If it was serious i doubt he would have practiced at all

Advertisement
He (Manny) said if JJ wasn't good to go, the medical staff wouldn't have cleared him and he wouldn't have been out there.

So him being 3rd team today probably means there's significant smoke to this. If it was due to the injury, I believe Manny would've said something coach-speaky rather than what he did. If he's healthy enough to participate, why is he participating with the 3rd team? That screams discipline to me.

Part of me would be happy if he was “really” with the three’s. That would mean we have 4 guys better than a future 1at round defensive end.
I don’t think that’s really the case, but that would be one **** of a silver lining.

He (Manny) said if JJ wasn't good to go, the medical staff wouldn't have cleared him and he wouldn't have been out there.

So him being 3rd team today probably means there's significant smoke to this. If it was due to the injury, I believe Manny would've said something coach-speaky rather than what he did. If he's healthy enough to participate, why is he participating with the 3rd team? That screams discipline to me.

3’s take less reps. It’s not hard to understand.

This is how you nurse a mild injury.

Advertisement
I think it’s all precautionary at this point due to the injury. Why push JJ and risk him not being there for the game at all? So you have him practice with the 3’s and take it easy until he’s healed. Either way, he’s playing a yuge role in the LSU game.

At this point, I'm more concerned about the Bandy potential injury. Seems like the JJ thing is nothing more than nursing an injury.

Any word on Trajan? Haven't seen anything reported.

At this point, I'm more concerned about the Bandy potential injury. Seems like the JJ thing is nothing more than nursing an injury.

Any word on Trajan? Haven't seen anything reported.

Per SMD he was peddling deep into the night on the bike.

3’s take less reps. It’s not hard to understand.

This is how you nurse a mild injury.

No offense nor anything personal here, but you guys must not have played football. Poster below said you have him practice with the 3's and "take it easy". Nobody that's practicing in full pads takes it easy. You can either practice or you can't. Would he get a few less full speed reps if he was on 3rd team? Possibly. But you're either healthy enough to practice or you're not. You don't "hide" with the 3rd team if you're hurt. You do conditioning work or you don't practice.

Anybody ever remember a single instance since Richt has been here of a kid playing on the 3rd team cause he's hurt? I don't. Lots of stories about dudes riding bikes. Not a ton about dudes hiding on the 3rd team.

Advertisement
Back