Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

WTF I’m in on Dorsey as OC now. I just realized how good he could become in this role. He has a bunch of experience. He is qualified. To anyone doubting his qualifications, I ask you this question, “who is more likely to be an NFL OC next year, Brady or Dorsey?” I think the answer is probably close to a 50/50 split. So, why not give him his first shot here?

Advertisement
I honestly don’t know if Brady was the beneficiary of Joe Burrow, the best receiving core , and best offense in the history of the ncaa or if he’s truly a good coordinator.

888B1CEB-0496-4F35-885F-EF3BAF3095A7.gif

Dorsey is more proven at developing QBs which is 80% of the game. Hit me with it, but Dorsey as co-OC with a proven OC with prior experience OCing wouldn’t have me mad. Not saying Likens but a guy like that.

Cam got worse under him. Yall giving him too much credit and he was also fired by Carolina for the lack of development with Cam. Cams best QB coach was Mike Shula. Who got promoted to OC after being rhe qb coach. Josh Allen looked better because they just got better weapons by bringing in Diggs and others to give him more options. Joe Brady has proven his skills with the Saints, LSU. Carolina had injury issues and don't have the type of playmakers needed. They started off the year well but McCaffrey can't stay healthy and others have been in and out . Darnold been injured most the year too

None of those guys were any of those things until AFTER he arrived and help put the athletes in position to succeed. LSU was known as a pro style bro purgatory they always had STUDS and still couldnt generate offense.. One year they had Jeremy Hill, alfred Blue, Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry and the offense was still stale bro style..

Of course Brady benefited from having talented players but plenty of nfl players were wasted away at LSU prior to his arrival, he put them in a system that turned Burrow from day 3 QB to the #1 pick, allowed him to break all types of college records, not just lsu, but ALL of college history. That didnt happen prior to him getting there.. Now you know
Very true, but if his system made Burrow break out, wouldn't Burrow kind of regress in the NFL? Kind of like the Spurrier system QBs of the 90's-00's, Wuerffel, Grossman, Shane Matthews, etc? To me, Burrow appears to be more than just talented, but a really special player in the NFL. Kudos for Brady for bring it out of him though.

Now that he is available, Brady would be my #1 choice at OC because he's already proven his offense works on the college level in the toughest conference of them all. My concern is does he need a special QB like Burrow for his offense to be successful?

Advertisement
I would kick the tires on Dan Mullen. But may need a better recruiter at that position. Brady or chudzinski should be first two options after any pie in the sky candidate. Branch off from there to possibly an NFL guy for third option. A young guy who is ready for OC job and has some personality and can be trained to recruit. Like a Dorsey but not necessarily him.

Last edited:
Very true, but if his system made Burrow break out, wouldn't Burrow kind of regress in the NFL? Kind of like the Spurrier system QBs of the 90's-00's, Wuerffel, Grossman, Shane Matthews, etc? To me, Burrow appears to be more than just talented, but a really special player in the NFL. Kudos for Brady for bring it out of him though.

Now that he is available, Brady would be my #1 choice at OC because he's already proven his offense works on the college level in the toughest conference of them all. My concern is does he need a special QB like Burrow for his offense to be successful?

TVD is a special QB

Ok so one guy. The cowboys haver 5 wr that are pretty much known by every team in the league and Kellen Moore still fcs it up. But Brady pretty much was given a roster full of stiff ****s and you going to hate on him after 1 and a half years. I Just dont think thats right. Im not saying hes the next legend, but I also think him paired with some one like Dorsey as passing day coordinator is a strong option. We need to stack chips with staff as well as with recruits. Young minds like guys like Brady and Dorsey is how you build a team. Its not like these dudes are fresh off the block. They both have been in the fire and both seem to be very astute.

Advertisement
Ok so one guy. The cowboys haver 5 wr that are pretty much known by every team in the league and Kellen Moore still fcs it up. But Brady pretty much was given a roster full of stiff ****s and you going to hate on him after 1 and a half years. I Just dont think thats right. Im not saying hes the next legend, but I also think him paired with some one like Dorsey as passing day coordinator is a strong option. We need to stack chips with staff as well as with recruits. Young minds like guys like Brady and Dorsey is how you build a team. Its not like these dudes are fresh off the block. They both have been in the fire and both seem to be very astute.
I agree with you, I was want my boy to get some respect 😂. I just don’t know how you expect to successful in the nfl with bottom tier qb play

Irresponsible reporting. Brady’s camp has not spoke to Miami as of today. He’s going on a mini vacation and will then see who he meets with. He’s getting a lot of attention from college powers and nfls as well.
Obviously he loves the U but we’ll see if it’s serious.

This guy might be great, but is the 2019 LSU offense his only accomplishment? That was essentially an all star team - Guy was playing madden against the computer.
Jefferson, Jamar Chase and Burrow.

Jefferson and chase is the best college WR tandem ever and Burrow was one of the best college QBs ever…and had the best year ever statistically.

Advertisement
Soooo you think Ensminger is the key to that offense, he was there the year before and year after, what happened?! Many dont understand, Ensminger is a former alum, played QB at LSU, and basically a lifer on staff that their fans wanted FIRED but corch O personally protected him and wouldnt do it, lots of politics involved.. (kinda like Golden and donofrio or how we will have **** to pay to get rid of Mario or Maribal if we have to), LSU was stuck in Pro style purgatory and tried to bring in Matt Canada year before but they fired him and named Ensminger then he had a avg offense with all the same weapons and top reruits.. This "vet" and "pro" providing this guiding hand had fans with pitchforks when he was shutout 29-0 against bama where was the strong physical running game that only Ensminger can provide?! You say you have no idea, dont let these guys who have tried to slander Brady and give credit to ensminger, why he win no awards, get media attention, no NFL gigs, HC gigs?

Go from ZERO points against Bama to 46 next season, only change Brady comes in, Brady gets Broyles award, raises, NFL gig, nope, it was ensminger, Lol.. Come on man!
Where did I suggest Ensminger was the key to the offense? All I said was that Brady is young. I have no idea what the division of labor was at LSU and whether Brady had the opportunity to delegate certain elements to the grey hair. His lack of experience IMO is risky. That said, certainly, when you look at the success of LSU, also potentially high reward.

Irresponsible reporting. Brady’s camp has not spoke to Miami as of today. He’s going on a mini vacation and will then see who he meets with. He’s getting a lot of attention from college powers and nfls as well.
@DMoney

Advertisement

Did I miss something that said he has spoke with anyone? Legitimately asking, not trying to be funny.

I honestly don’t know if Brady was the beneficiary of Joe Burrow, the best receiving core , and best offense in the history of the ncaa or if he’s truly a good coordinator.

Burrow, CEH, Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, et al are obviously good football players.

They went from good and potentially great players to super human, unstoppable forces of nature under that offense.

We can have rationale discussions on his total involvement in the playcalling, etc...but he was absolutely the architect of this offense for them and the mastermind. Were there some ancillary players in there? Sure. Coach E was the sage filter. Joe Burrow incorporated a lot of his own input week to week as well and his ability to throw on the move, outside of the pocket, and when things broke down was next level that you dont see in CFB. The WRs are obvious special...Jefferson is the best WR in football right now, Chase isn't too far behind, and both could be Hall of Famers. But, the offense wasn't just successful because of the players. The playcalling and preparation that those teams showed was unmatched.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back