Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

I say get Brady as OC/WR coach and Dorsey as co-OC/QB coach.
Great idea

However, Ken is in position to get an NFL OC job next year. I know we, Miami fans, hate OC with no prior play calling. But in the NFL, young up and coming coaches get first shots in the NFL all the time to call plays. Somebody will give Ken a shot next year to call plays.

However, if Mario can convince him to come here as QB coach and not be a play caller, that would be amazing.

Advertisement
Great idea

However, Ken is in position to get an NFL OC job next year. I know we, Miami fans, hate OC with no prior play calling. But in the NFL, young up and coming coaches get first shots in the NFL all the time to call plays. Somebody will give Ken a shot next year to call plays.

However, if Mario can convince him to come here as QB coach and not be a play caller, that would be amazing.
Mario is a recruiter. If any one can convince anyone to “come here” it’s Mario. Whether that’s player or coach, he needs to be recruiting his *** off the next few weeks.

Advertisement
The Panthers O was ranked 28th in the NFL.
robert de niro goodfellas GIF

I honestly don’t know if Brady was the beneficiary of Joe Burrow, the best receiving core , and best offense in the history of the ncaa or if he’s truly a good coordinator.
None of those guys were any of those things until AFTER he arrived and help put the athletes in position to succeed. LSU was known as a pro style bro purgatory they always had STUDS and still couldnt generate offense.. One year they had Jeremy Hill, alfred Blue, Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry and the offense was still stale bro style..

Of course Brady benefited from having talented players but plenty of nfl players were wasted away at LSU prior to his arrival, he put them in a system that turned Burrow from day 3 QB to the #1 pick, allowed him to break all types of college records, not just lsu, but ALL of college history. That didnt happen prior to him getting there.. Now you know

Advertisement
I honestly don’t know if Brady was the beneficiary of Joe Burrow, the best receiving core , and best offense in the history of the ncaa or if he’s truly a good coordinator.
If you’re good at what you do then great QBs make you look better. See Matt LeFluer.

So they give the big budget to hire a legit OC and we still got people wanting a guy(Dorsey) that will need to learn on the job how to call plays. Makes no sense. Joe Brady won a Natty with his O in LSU. He made Burrows go from OSU back up and transfer to Heisman winner and first pick in the draft, but he isn’t the real deal? We Cane fans can be crazy but please stop with the learn on the fly guys. If Dorsey comes to coach QBs I would love it, to call plays. No thanks.
Brady - OC, WR Coach
Dorsey - QB Coach, Pass game Coordinator, OC- In waiting

Advertisement
I’d like Ken on staff. I think he’d be great for long term stability and would probably land a stud QB every year. But he’s not coming to Miami to be a QB coach.

what do you guys think about a timeline here?

if i remember correctly, richt didn't hire assistants until like mid to late january
I think he focuses most of his efforts over the next week on recruiting and then securing his staff if there is some down time or later this month. He probably won’t be getting much sleep over the next few weeks since lots has to happen in a very short time.

Advertisement
Stop overthinking...
Burrow was a borderline draft / UDFA in 2018 before Brady got there....with the same teammates..and threw for 57% completion and 16 TDs...2019 with Brady is possibly the greatest Season for a CFB QB with 60 tds and over 76% completion....now a barely draftable player becomes the # 1 NFL pick...the landslide Heisman winner and a National Championship....
After Brady leaves...their offense is just average at best..and guess who gets Fired...Coach O

I think he focuses most of his efforts over the next week on recruiting and then securing his staff if there is some down time or later this month. He probably won’t be getting much sleep over the next few weeks since lots has to happen in a very short time.
Wouldn't having a staff first help recruiting? May be too short on time though.

Of all the Miami guys we could bring in honestly Dorsey as QB coach/OC does not sound bad at all. Would probably be considered aiming too low at this point but the guy seems to work magic with QBs and has been around some great offenses in the NFL

Advertisement
Back