Joaquin and Romberg on Tate Martell

BOT accommodates losers in Administration, who accommodate losers for coaches, who do the same for players. Maybe the problem is the donors and fans spending money on losers running thing. After 2017 I told my grandkids that their trust fund could be used at Miami again and bought ton of season tickets. Corrected those two mistakes the next year. Thankfully I did not buy any new Cane gear -- still rocking the old 80's stuff. We could also remind those old players that THEY picked and accommodated old man Larry who started this crap, so they can shut the **** up too.

Advertisement
Those guys got thoroughly outworked and slapped around by Ohio Taint physically. And that was especially true of the loudmouth OL. They clowned and planned celebrations prior to the game then flopped despite a humongous talent advantage.
In fairness, Gonzalez wasn’t on the ‘02 team. Romberg was. Our OL did get worked in the Fiesta Bowl. I know we both had a bad feeeling watching that game. But that OSU team had more talent than you are giving it credit for. The DL had 4 top 3 round guys on it (over the next two drafts) including Will Smith. Also had 4 DBs and 3 LBs get drafted the next two cycles, including gamble (1st). And their frosh class had like 5 1st rounders in it, iirc.

Also our OL talent by ‘02 was clearly declining. McKinney, Gonzalez and Bibla had left already. Myers was a soph. Carey was overrated. And Romberg probably was, too. And Coker sucked. We did not look good once Willis went down. despite still having Dorsey, AJ and KWII. Sigh.

How are you and the dopey former players so certain that Tate’s leave is a cultural issue and not a legitimate psychological or substance issue? Because you saw a picture of him and he wasn’t in the process of slitting his wrists or curled up in the fetal position in the picture?

From the reports throughout summer workouts, Tate was regularly the winner of the hardest worker award. I know you super he men will look at those awards as another symptom of softness somehow, but can you at least concede that you have no clue if Tate’s leave from the team is related to a possible psychological condition?
Excellent rebuttal.
Also, they assume the coaches are giving him all the time off he asked for without legit reasons. I know our coaches are incompetent but even incompetent coaches won't do something so strange like that.

How are you and the dopey former players so certain that Tate’s leave is a cultural issue and not a legitimate psychological or substance issue? Because you saw a picture of him and he wasn’t in the process of slitting his wrists or curled up in the fetal position in the picture?

From the reports throughout summer workouts, Tate was regularly the winner of the hardest worker award. I know you super he men will look at those awards as another symptom of softness somehow, but can you at least concede that you have no clue if Tate’s leave from the team is related to a possible psychological condition?
I can’t speak for them, but am not. I chose not to respond to you because you presented that claim. We don’t know, but the theoretical possibility that there is a diagnosable psychological basis for a player‘s behavior has never stopped folks on message boards from discussing the world we actually know about, possible imperfection in knowledge aside. All of us observe behavior and comment on it. Discussion would sure slow if we refrained from commenting unless we were sure the kid wasn’t on meds.

As for his summer work, kudos to him. The question is what happened when he didn’t get the starting job. The answer seems to be the dedication declined. But as you note, we do not know all possible explanations as to why.

Excellent rebuttal.
Also, they assume the coaches are giving him all the time off he asked for without legit reasons. I know our coaches are incompetent but even incompetent coaches won't do something so strange like that.
Lolol

Advertisement
Lost in the anger of another failed Canes football season and the minutia of internet sports discussions is that Tate Martell is a 20 year old kid who had an inordinate amount of fame as a high school kid. His career did not keep up with that fame and he's showing signs of mentally struggling with that.

This might not be a sports issue. When I see parents reaching out via social media, that says something IMO.

If Tate had gone into rehab, they'd be wishing him the best and hoping for a speedy recovery. But since he seems well adjusted and is just enjoying the distraction in front of him instead of complaining about no PT, he's fair game.

If hope he enjoys every second and gets another chance at starting next year.

Advertisement

Lol at this legend of dopes making excuses for Tate when he belittles everyone and everything else.

Guys out partying with his gf, crazy issues for sure probably morphine addiction..

Get this sorry trash scrub off my team someone, I've sensed from the beginning he would have "issues"

Yah he's got issues alright, his main one being he is flat out trash and is taking up a.scholarship.

BOT accommodates losers in Administration, who accommodate losers for coaches, who do the same for players. Maybe the problem is the donors and fans spending money on losers running thing. After 2017 I told my grandkids that their trust fund could be used at Miami again and bought ton of season tickets. Corrected those two mistakes the next year. Thankfully I did not buy any new Cane gear -- still rocking the old 80's stuff. We could also remind those old players that THEY picked and accommodated old man Larry who started this crap, so they can shut the **** up too.
I didn't mind Coker, because it brought us a MNC, should've been 2- 3 total. Not saying we couldn't have won with another HC, but don't think Barry Alvarez would've been a good substitute.

Excellent rebuttal.
Tate has all the earmarks of someone who had a psychological breakdown. Stone Age dummies are still caught up in that 1970s mindset where psychological issues are either ignored or ridiculed.

They think because a guy seemingly has a lot going for him that he can’t be suffering with some sort of serious condition. If they don’t see a snapped bone or a squashed skull they don’t think there’s anything wrong.

It’s a really stupid fcking approach to life for a buffoon like Romturd to attack a kid who might be going through some serious stuff just to get some other mental midgets to pat him on the back on Twitter for keeping it real.

Advertisement
I can’t speak for them, but am not. I chose not to respond to you because you presented that claim. We don’t know, but the theoretical possibility that there is a diagnosable psychological basis for a player‘s behavior has never stopped folks on message boards from discussing the world we actually know about, possible imperfection in knowledge aside. All of us observe behavior and comment on it. Discussion would sure slow if we refrained from commenting unless we were sure the kid wasn’t on meds.

As for his summer work, kudos to him. The question is what happened when he didn’t get the starting job. The answer seems to be the dedication declined. But as you note, we do not know all possible explanations as to why.
There’s a big difference between a bunch of goofballs on a message board kicking around theories on Tate and well known former players attacking him publicly on Twitter without the slightest clue why he’s taken a leave.

You have to be a stone cold moron to attack a kid from your alma mater publicly like that when you have no clue what might be going on with him. I don’t know what Tate is going through, but those fat old washed goons sound like jealous ***** because Tate has a hot gf and transferred here from the school that tossed Romturd around like a short armed unprepared weakling the last time he played a meaningful snap.

Lost in the anger of another failed Canes football season and the minutia of internet sports discussions is that Tate Martell is a 20 year old kid who had an inordinate amount of fame as a high school kid. His career did not keep up with that fame and he's showing signs of mentally struggling with that.

This might not be a sports issue. When I see parents reaching out via social media, that says something IMO.
Excellent post.

Advertisement
There’s a big difference between a bunch of goofballs on a message board kicking around theories on Tate and well known former players attacking him publicly on Twitter without the slightest clue why he’s taken a leave.

You have to be a stone cold moron to attack a kid from your alma mater publicly like that when you have no clue what might be going on with him. I don’t know what Tate is going through, but those fat old washed goons sound like jealous ***** because Tate has a hot gf and transferred here from the school that tossed Romturd around like a short armed unprepared weakling the last time he played a meaningful snap.
You are harsher on them than I am here but I didn’t want to go this route after you raised the point you did because there is a chance you’re right and some sensitivities around it all if you are. I don’t assume they have no idea about his situation - but maybe they don’t. Likewise, I may just expect less or different from our former players in terms of decorum. I don’t see this as unusual - it just blew up because fans noticed. Romberg crapped on our OL after spending time with them this past fall. DJ and someone or other have been ribbing Pinckney for ages. It is what it is from my view. On my list of complaints and concerns about the program I have, former players who bother to care isn’t high on my list. But I get it, perspectives differ on them.

Romberg been talking about tate girlfriend since before the season even started, that man jealous
Romberg's girlfriend

hqdefault.jpg

If Tate had gone into rehab, they'd be wishing him the best and hoping for a speedy recovery. But since he seems well adjusted and is just enjoying the distraction in front of him instead of complaining about no PT, he's fair game.

If hope he enjoys every second and gets another chance at starting next year.
So what you’re saying is, if he had a medical reason to be away from the team, they’d wish him the best and hope for a speedy recovery, but since he doesn’t appear to have a medical reason to be away from the team, they think it sucks that he’s bailed on his teammates. Makes sense.

/Acknowledging Franchise’s point that we may not know the facts.

Advertisement
Back