Jimmy Johnson on The U

No need to go through JJ's history at the U as I'm sure even an idiot like yourself knows what it is.....I'd bet my left nut that Gene Chizik would beg to have the type of success JJ had in college.

He did. He won a national title. Same as Jimmy Johnson. JJ's legacy has far more to do with his NFL success than his college success.

Advertisement
No need to go through JJ's history at the U as I'm sure even an idiot like yourself knows what it is.....I'd bet my left nut that Gene Chizik would beg to have the type of success JJ had in college.

He did. He won a national title. Same as Jimmy Johnson. JJ's legacy has far more to do with his NFL success than his college success.

Gene Chizik 38-38 in college only competed in 1 championship at Auburn.....JJ 81-34-3 and competed in 3 national championships, how he lost one is debatable at best.

Love the old hardcore JJ from the 80s, who didn't even know his own kids. Don't really care what the kind and gentle TV personality has to say publicly. I'm guessing he follows the program fairly casually at this point. I doubt he's anywhere near as dialed in and rabid as most of the guys on this board.

He may not be as rabid, but I think he definitely keeps up with UM fairly closely. JJ was just being diplomatic imo, and even still he left a couple of nuggets in there for us to read. Notice how he mentioned that he called mark to let him know that he was available if needed. I'm sure he didn't call him just for the **** of it. He saw that our D was awful and extended an olive branch that good ole Mark just threw in the trashcan. Then, the refusal to answer about the style of defense was key to me. That's a classic "I'm trying not to bash the **** out of Golden because I like him" answer if I ever saw one. He sees what we all see. He's just not trying to pile on. Honestly, while I would have loved it if he had, I didn't expect him to.

I think he likes El Foldo personally and is an old dude who just wants to get along with people and cash checks. I don't think he follows UM all that closely, but maybe he does and just hides it really well. In any event, I don't really care for glad-handing and political subtlety. This is a war that calls for bombers like Joaquin and fed up UM fans willing to snatch scalps and get their hands bloody. JJ is a legend, but he's a boner pill pitch man these days. He's not the ruthless dog he used to be.

Advertisement
Johnson said: “To say my style is better than somebody else’s would be wrong for me to do.

Jimmy's own words about the superiortiy of the 4-3 vs the 3-4 towards Tom Olivadotti (of all people).

"Look *******, the Selmon brothers were making All-America in an upfield-pressure defense at Oklahoma while you were coaching at some place called Salesianum Prep School in ****ing Delaware. Did you ever happen to wonder who might have thought up the Oklahoma upfield-pressure defense that got the football world's attention, all the way to Salesianum Prep Scool in ****ing Delaware. The point is, my scheme, with the right talent to execute it, can disrupt any offense. Now, I know you believe in a three-man front that tied up blockers for the linebackers, and did well enough to let Schnelenberger's offense win the national championship for you. But don's say we can't coexist if I show you a four-man front with upfield pressure that, I guarantee you, is going to make Miami the most ferocious and feared defense in Division I.

Gawd I want Jimmy back!!! Even a simple interview he knows more about football then Al Golden. He is a smart guy. He knows Miami should be competing for championship but he knows the poltics. Jimmy also did what Al doesnt do. ******* adjust!!! If it aintr working get rid of it and start over!!

Last edited:
JJ if only our defense was still ferocious and feared in Division 1 football. Just goes to show how a team takes on the personality of its coach.

They feared your D. They can't wait to pad stats with ours.

Why doesn't Jimmie and Sean Taylor have a statue commemorating their achievements as canes.

If Jimmie Johnson were a coach at any other school he'd be a ******* diety of sorts. When do we show this man and others the respect. They deserve?

This is something else that alot of ex greats are talking about like with all the great player's that have come to our great school why are like 2 or non I can't remember which black players in the ring of honor? DA FUCCC?

This may be the dumbest **** I've read in my entire life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back