Jimbo said we don't play nice

What rule says a defensive player can not clap. New one on me if there is one.
https://www.referee.com/early-movement-by-either-team-may-call-for-flags/

"Since offenses use clapping as a means of signaling, the defense is not allowed to do the same. Furthermore, the defense cannot use general noise, growling or yelling in an attempt to prevent the offense from hearing its signals.

If possible, the defense should be cautioned first. If the attempt to interfere is successful and causes the offense to false start, or if the defense fails to heed the caution and repeats such words or acts, the defense should be penalized without hesitation."

In any case, Jimbo didn't say it was going on the whole game or anything like that. He said it happened on one play which caused a false start. Being that they lost by 15 and it would have been waaayyyyy worse without a muffed punt and blocked punt putting 14 points on the board for his side, he didn't say it cost them the game. Jimbo is over-rated and often a crybaby, just not in this circumstance.

Advertisement
IMG_0114.gif

Advertisement
I get not being able to mimic the QB cadence, but clapping on defense (pre snap) would be a penalty?

That’s crazy if true
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we got flagged last year for clapping, could of been another team though. I've definitely seen it before, can't clap

Advertisement
I'm sure Jimbo & his staff are choir boys that do everything entirely by the book & have never paid any recruits illegally during their careers or broken any other rules! ;)

Advertisement
Advertisement
that's good coaching on our part...or one of our defensive leaders actually is paying attention and using his head. Either way it's encouraging to see for a change.

It reminds me of the one time Miley Cyrus was having dinner with a friend when a lady claimed she cussed at her child when she asked for an autograph. Thankfully Miley had another fan videoing her from afar & caught the whole thing. Lady was lying through her teeth.

anyone knows that Miley only cusses during filming her *** tapes

I rewatched the game and looked at that play, No one was clapping.

I make it a rule to ignore grown men named Jimbo
There was a play at the goaline on their second drive where James Williams clapped. It looked more like he was trying to get the CBs attention. If i remember correctly, the QB seemed unprepared to receive the snap on that play and it resulted in an incompletion. Im not sure if that's the play he was reffering to

Advertisement
Back