Jim L'sarranaga

Advertisement

When I heard Coach L talk about how bad the team shots 3s, I immediately thought each perimeter player needs to shot 300 3s per day during the season to improve their shooting.
Some people laughed at the idea and said that is not how it works.
Well, he did it and he is on the verge of being an NBA All Star.
Your honor, I rest my case.

the problem with shooting a BB is if you don't have the proper form your just wasting your time : kids today are not working on their games all they want to do is dunk : watch teams at a AAU, you will see some real interesting jump shot releases

the problem with shooting a BB is if you don't have the proper form your just wasting your time : kids today are not working on their games all they want to do is dunk : watch teams at a AAU, you will see some real interesting jump shot releases
I get the gist of what you're saying here, but you can't paint every kid with the same brush. I'd say most kids who dream of playing college/pro ball do work on their craft daily.

I get the gist of what you're saying here, but you can't paint every kid with the same brush. I'd say most kids who dream of playing college/pro ball do work on their craft daily.
agree but again just about every athletic kid going to the NBA has the same write up, one level scorer, athletic, perimeter game and ball handling need work : They gotten by on sheer athletic ability, as Kobe said AAU is the worst thing that has happened to the development of players skill. Offenses used to run through the centers, know all they do is set picks, and roll to the basket, and if they get foul you hope for one out of two :

Advertisement
Travel basketball has it's good and bad, plus and minuses. Overall, I think it's done a lot more good than bad, particularly in a state like Florida. Basketball didn't change over night. As a matter of fact, truth be told, this positionless game we're watching started on the international level. We just copied and perfected here in America. Outside shooting, passing and cutting, lots of motion, bigs playing facing the basket, etc. are things we didn't see during the last century. Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, even the Celtics and Lebron all made their title runs without a big. As I think about it, I'd say the Spurs were the last champions who played with back to the basket bigs. The game has evolved. Can't lay that on AAU ball.

Or jack up 3 pointer after 3 pointer selfishly, without any clue ... AAU games are full of this crap. ... and coaches allowing it out of fear that the kids will go elsewhere.

Or jack up 3 pointer after 3 pointer selfishly, without any clue ... AAU games are full of this crap. ... and coaches allowing it out of fear that the kids will go elsewhere.
you are correct, as like anything it's become big business with the sponsorships: I seen tryouts where they charged the kids to tried out, knowing full well that they already have the spots already reserve. Some of these kids don't really have the $ to waste :

Travel basketball has it's good and bad, plus and minuses. Overall, I think it's done a lot more good than bad, particularly in a state like Florida. Basketball didn't change over night. As a matter of fact, truth be told, this positionless game we're watching started on the international level. We just copied and perfected here in America. Outside shooting, passing and cutting, lots of motion, bigs playing facing the basket, etc. are things we didn't see during the last century. Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, even the Celtics and Lebron all made their title runs without a big. As I think about it, I'd say the Spurs were the last champions who played with back to the basket bigs. The game has evolved. Can't lay that on AAU ball.
Don't know about that : there were quite a few centers with tremendous skill set back in the day: Lew Alcindor , Willis Reed, Jerry Lucas, Bob Mcadoo, Bob Lanier, Moses Malone, Elvin Hayes, Dave Cowens, Walton, Parrish, their skill range from back to facing the basket . You talking some highly skilled players. Looking at Jokivic the guy thrives on knowledge of the game, and a great skill set.

Advertisement
you are correct, as like anything it's become big business with the sponsorships: I seen tryouts where they charged the kids to tried out, knowing full well that they already have the spots already reserve. Some of these kids don't really have the $ to waste :

Absolutely on point. My younger son plays AAU here in the NC Triangle area... ridiculous how $$ is involved.

Absolutely on point. My younger son plays AAU here in the NC Triangle area... ridiculous how $$ is involved.
it really is a disservice to all. Had a buddy that was coaching 16 and under, they practice all week for a tournament, gets to the tournament, at that moment is informed by the team sponsor that they are bringing in a kid from Atlanta, or by the way his coach will be coaching the tournament. My buddy said thanks, and left . It really is a circus.

Think that it's the single biggest factor in improving the quality and quantity of prospects in the state of Florida over the last 20 years or so.

And, yes, the pro game has evolved, if you can call it that, into a 3 point shooting contest. At least, during the regular season. More defense and intensity comes into play once you get to the playoffs.

Will a meeting about the Program's future actually happen? Whether it's about his forced retirement or firing?

Advertisement
Will a meeting about the Program's future actually happen? Whether it's about his forced retirement or firing?

I honestly think that Blake James has zero long term vision for Miami athletics. He is a bean counter and what matters to him is budget, annual revenue, and graduation rates. With the right coach, Miami could be the most desirable school in the country for "one and dones" and be championship caliber within 3 years. Unfortunately Blake James doesn't have the will or the vision to make that happen.

I honestly think that Blake James has zero long term vision for Miami athletics. He is a bean counter and what matters to him is budget, annual revenue, and graduation rates. With the right coach, Miami could be the most desirable school in the country for "one and dones" and be championship caliber within 3 years. Unfortunately Blake James doesn't have the will or the vision to make that happen.
Depressing but you’re probably right

Advertisement
Back