Jim Leavitt out at Oregon

Advertisement
he wanted HC jobs the last 2 year. interviewed at 3 spots this year and got passed up. really weird to willingly walk away from one of top assistant salaries in the country. must be a personal thing

I know he’s a respected D coordinator but:

A.) I don’t remember Oregon’s defense being other worldly

B.) I don’t think his hard nose disciplinarian coaching would mesh well with Florida athletes. Just seems like more of an NFL guy at this point in his career. (yes I know how he did for USF

C.) in comparison to Manny running the show - Leavitt is an all time great DC but at this point in their careers and very recent defenses - I like Manny’s style of defense better

Last edited:
I'd rather UF hire him than Marquand Manuel.

Manuel would crush recruiting and Leavitt sucks at it. Oregon fans are saying he basically refused to recruit this past year

I'd rather UF hire him than Marquand Manuel.

Manuel would crush recruiting and Leavitt sucks at it. Oregon fans are saying he basically refused to recruit this past year

he was too busy interviewing for jobs. hes been dying for an HC since taggert left. he had a cushy salary at Oregon, but still went out and interviewed at other spots this year and got denied

Advertisement
AcceptableJitteryElk-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know he’s a respected D coordinator but:

A.) I don’t remember Oregon’s defense being other worldly

B.) I don’t think his hard nose disciplinarian coaching would mesh well with Florida athletes. Just seems like more of an NFL guy at this point in his career. (yes I know how he did for USF

C.) in comparison to Manny running the show - Leavitt is an all time great DC but at this point in their careers and very recent defenses - I like Manny’s style of defense better

Oregon's defense wasn't yet but what he did at Colorado was nothing short of spectacular.

Advertisement
Back