Jim Harbaugh

Yes sir. Got my frat brother a job at the place I was leaving. He was qualified, but “suggested” he get an interview and I interviewed him with my GM and let him make the call. Gotta take care of the family when you can. Plenty of nights my frat brothers spotted me $5 for the dollar menu after the club, or crash on the couch if the lights cut off at the appts.
Facts; been in some weirdo predicaments when I was a neo out of town, and frat took care of me w/ no ?’s asked. When the “Unknowns” step team came through, first thing we told them, don’t worry bout roof over your head, money, women, nothing....we got you. That’s why we can we say we’re a brotherhood. We take care of us. Long as you rocking that Royal Blue & Pure White....long as you are bout that MAB life, on the shield we got you.

Advertisement
For sure; my fraternity is pretty close, nationally. I’ve been apart of pledging sessions at other schools both in Cali & also AZ, FLA, TX, and NY. Most predominant African American fraternities will refer to each other as frat if they belong to same fraternity, and we do a lot of networking that justify that like extended family.
I think that is the difference. I think a lot of the frats and sororities that are not predominantly African American often have little personal connection to the national fraternity/sorority. At least that is the impression that I have gotten from my minimal exposure.

The Greek life at Miami was only about 13% of the school and there were only about 8500 undergrads when I was there so it was a pretty small number.

My sister ended up at Miami too and ended up as the VP of Sigma Delta Tau which was somewhat amusing considering they are a ****** sorority and she was a practicing Catholic at the time.

Facts; been in some weirdo predicaments when I was a neo out of town, and frat took care of me w/ no ?’s asked. When the “Unknowns” step team came through, first thing we told them, don’t worry bout roof over your head, money, women, nothing....we got you. That’s why we can we say we’re a brotherhood. We take care of us. Long as you rocking that Royal Blue & Pure White....long as you are bout that MAB life, on the shield we got you.
Yeah man. I remember Mallet from that team. Idolized what they did stepping. I was step master in Sigma Beta Club so the blue phi was in my blood. Stole all their steps and mashed them up in HS. Was step master 1 year at my chapter too. Played FB and step master, best shape of my entire life bro. Lol

Yeah man. I remember Mallet from that team. Idolized what they did stepping. I was step master in Sigma Beta Club so the blue phi was in my blood. Stole all their steps and mashed them up in HS. Was step master 1 year at my chapter too. Played FB and step master, best shape of my entire life bro. Lol
Bruh; u was a Sigma Beta, too, in HS? Lol. Too funny.

Yo; Sigma Beta literally saved my life. The teacher running the program, knew my entire family. I was the worst of them all. Lol. He grabbed me & said I was too smart for this stupid chit, and said I will not fail you like your ignorant cousins. My man stayed on my head, bro....he helped me get a scholly, helped me get into Long Beach St, and the first day on campus, I was approached by my future prophyte who knew everything about me. Lol. Rest was history man.

I was used as a prop by the Unknowns in the ‘04 step show on my campus. HUGE rivalry w/ the equally good “Alpha All Stars.” They smoked them that show, after losing the ‘03 show to the Alphas, which erupted into a major riot between us & the Alphas, that then became a riot between The Bay v. LA upstairs. (True story, during the riot, my frat from Northridge knocked out Michael Pittman Sr & took his SB ring, lol) Smh. My A.D still got the trophy in his room, although he had chit to do w the program besides providing skrippers afterwards. Lol.

Advertisement
Bruh; u was a Sigma Beta, too, in HS? Lol. Too funny.

Yo; Sigma Beta literally saved my life. The teacher running the program, knew my entire family. I was the worst of them all. Lol. He grabbed me & said I was too smart for this stupid chit, and said I will not fail you like your ignorant cousins. My man stayed on my head, bro....he helped me get a scholly, helped me get into Long Beach St, and the first day on campus, I was approached by my future prophyte who knew everything about me. Lol. Rest was history man.

I was used as a prop by the Unknowns in the ‘04 step show on my campus. HUGE rivalry w/ the equally good “Alpha All Stars.” They smoked them that show, after losing the ‘03 show to the Alphas, which erupted into a major riot between us & the Alphas, that then became a riot between The Bay v. LA upstairs. (True story, during the riot, my frat from Northridge knocked out Michael Pittman Sr & took his SB ring, lol) Smh. My A.D still got the trophy in his room, although he had chit to do w the program besides providing skrippers afterwards. Lol.
Dope bro. I was in SBC from 7th-12th Grade. Changed my life. Grew up in my grandparents home with mom and sis so the chapter founder felt it would be good for me to join. Best thing I ever did. Went to over 40 HBCU’s in yearly college tour each spring break. Went from member to treasure, sgt at arms, 2nd VP, 1st VP, and Prez my senior year. Was step master for 2 years. Once I got to FAMU my Soph yr they were waiting for me, already had my place on the line but I still IG’d to make sure they knew I took it seriously. Met Mallet plenty times, the ladies loved him.

Crazy how our stories are similar.

Dope bro. I was in SBC from 7th-12th Grade. Changed my life. Grew up in my grandparents home with mom and sis so the chapter founder felt it would be good for me to join. Best thing I ever did. Went to over 40 HBCU’s in yearly college tour each spring break. Went from member to treasure, sgt at arms, 2nd VP, 1st VP, and Prez my senior year. Was step master for 2 years. Once I got to FAMU my Soph yr they were waiting for me, already had my place on the line but I still IG’d to make sure they knew I took it seriously. Met Mallet plenty times, the ladies loved him.

Crazy how our stories are similar.
That’s dope my brotha. Hella dope. And yes, young Mallet had the ladies moist. Lol.

Advertisement
Michigan has a serious problem: They think they are better than what they are, and they are holding Harbaugh to a standard that even their best coaches never met. They expected championships out of Harbaugh, they have 1 title since the Truman administration. They have historically struggled to beat Ohio State, especially once Ohio State started thinking and acting like an SEC school.

That's the big problem with Michigan, they still think like a traditional Big Ten school. They do some of the things needed to win(Spend money on facilities and the like, occasionally take care of some guys), but they aren't truly all in. They still actually give a **** about kids being able to survive academically, they still believe that a pro style, traditional offense is the way to go. If Harbaugh fails, it's an indictment on Michigan being not only unrealistic, but unwilling to adjust to a changing landscape.

Ohio State started doing certain things once Urban showed up, things that they weren't even close to doing under Tressel. You see the differences on the field today. Michigan, if they are serious about this may want to start leaning that way.

Michigan has a serious problem: They think they are better than what they are, and they are holding Harbaugh to a standard that even their best coaches never met. They expected championships out of Harbaugh, they have 1 title since the Truman administration. They have historically struggled to beat Ohio State, especially once Ohio State started thinking and acting like an SEC school.

That's the big problem with Michigan, they still think like a traditional Big Ten school. They do some of the things needed to win(Spend money on facilities and the like, occasionally take care of some guys), but they aren't truly all in. They still actually give a **** about kids being able to survive academically, they still believe that a pro style, traditional offense is the way to go. If Harbaugh fails, it's an indictment on Michigan being not only unrealistic, but unwilling to adjust to a changing landscape.

Ohio State started doing certain things once Urban showed up, things that they weren't even close to doing under Tressel. You see the differences on the field today. Michigan, if they are serious about this may want to start leaning that way.

They have a weird infatuation with Harbaugh probably because hes alumnus. Ohio st will roll them again this year.

Theyre holding onto last nights 3 ot win as something special but it was vs Rutgers. Even we know what that means.... Michigan needs to just part ways after this season. It was a nice try and Harbaugh fell into their lap, but it isn't working. Harbaugh like Mullen is supposed to be a QB guru but like Mullen he isn't all that. MCNAMARA is way better than Milton

Last edited:
Don brown is so bad. The people on here asking for him to replace baker are idiots and should not be able to reproduce. His defenses are awful. They take advantage of **** teams, and our up good stats that way. But just looks what happens when they play teams with a pulse... they give up 50+
Rutgers barely has a pulse to

Advertisement
There's practically no talent in Michigan. This is the 1st year I've looked at their commit list where they had more than 2-3 commits from the State. Unless they hire an Urban Meyer type it's gonna be hard to get top flight recruits there.

As someone who grew up in Ann Arbor and spent some years at U of M (i also attended UM) and was in middle and high school during Harbaugh’s time at U of M, I’ll throw in my 2 cents.

Harbaugh the person is disliked in Ann Arbor, despite being an alumni and former star. He’s a jerk and always has been. Harbaugh the coach was thought to be so good that his personality could be overlooked. But when you lose and you are a jerk, people are ready to show you the door.
And he grates on people. As a result, his hard charging ways are embraced early on. But over time, his players, and the admin have come to hate him. And his high salary makes him easy not to extend or re-sign. He’s gone at the end of the year short of beating OSU which has 0% chance of occuring.

U of M’s issue is that whereas the school will spend, and has, lots of money, it holds itself to a higher standard than the schools with which it wants to compete against; OSU for example. Last year in October in an article, Justin Fields mentioned how he had yet to step foot on campus for a class. All his classes were online to save him from having to associate with regular students. U of Michigan would never allow any player not to be of the student body. When I was there, the Fab 5 were in school, Desmond Howard won the Heisman and the Hockey team was winning championships. And all those guys were on campus and visibly attending classes (we all skipped some classes but they were present). U of Michigan and U of Miami both want to be everything in sports and academics. And its the desire to be great in academics that sometimes runs up against the Bamas, Clemsons, OSU, Oklahoma and LSU’s of the college world.

Can you convince a young man who only wants to reach the NFL that its worth his time to attend biology and history classes when your competitor is telling him that as long as he plays well the tutors will take care of his assignments? And of course there are good athletes who also care about academics, but there are not a lot of Justin Fields or Joe Burrows. I’m not making U of M or UM to be holier than the rest, but they have chosen to play by a different set of self imposed rules which make it harder (not impossible) to succeed at the highest level.

As someone who grew up in Ann Arbor and spent some years at U of M (i also attended UM) and was in middle and high school during Harbaugh’s time at U of M, I’ll throw in my 2 cents.

Harbaugh the person is disliked in Ann Arbor, despite being an alumni and former star. He’s a jerk and always has been. Harbaugh the coach was thought to be so good that his personality could be overlooked. But when you lose and you are a jerk, people are ready to show you the door.
And he grates on people. As a result, his hard charging ways are embraced early on. But over time, his players, and the admin have come to hate him. And his high salary makes him easy not to extend or re-sign. He’s gone at the end of the year short of beating OSU which has 0% chance of occuring.

U of M’s issue is that whereas the school will spend, and has, lots of money, it holds itself to a higher standard than the schools with which it wants to compete against; OSU for example. Last year in October in an article, Justin Fields mentioned how he had yet to step foot on campus for a class. All his classes were online to save him from having to associate with regular students. U of Michigan would never allow any player not to be of the student body. When I was there, the Fab 5 were in school, Desmond Howard won the Heisman and the Hockey team was winning championships. And all those guys were on campus and visibly attending classes (we all skipped some classes but they were present). U of Michigan and U of Miami both want to be everything in sports and academics. And its the desire to be great in academics that sometimes runs up against the Bamas, Clemsons, OSU, Oklahoma and LSU’s of the college world.

Can you convince a young man who only wants to reach the NFL that its worth his time to attend biology and history classes when your competitor is telling him that as long as he plays well the tutors will take care of his assignments? And of course there are good athletes who also care about academics, but there are not a lot of Justin Fields or Joe Burrows. I’m not making U of M or UM to be holier than the rest, but they have chosen to play by a different set of self imposed rules which make it harder (not impossible) to succeed at the highest level.

Notre Dame seems to have struck a decent balance between academics and football. I think there is one sleeping giant that could make a lot of noise in CFB if they got serious about athletics- Stanford. Stanford has dozens, if not hundreds, of zillionaire tech wizard alumni who could make Oregon look like paupers if the nerds ever decided they wanted a national championship.

Advertisement

Excellent post. Did not know this about Michigan. Definitely knew Miami thinks they are Ivy League south though due to the troll

After normal hours, this board gets pretty interesting. Keep it up. You all some TOUGH SUMBITCHs. I must be getting older. LOL

So many coaches in D1 football wearing ski masks I swear.
How much money has Michigan spent on their football program in the past 10 years. Good lord!
Makes me wonder how many programs will decide it's not worth it. After spending all of that money, how many times have they won the Big Ten?

Notre Dame seems to have struck a decent balance between academics and football. I think there is one sleeping giant that could make a lot of noise in CFB if they got serious about athletics- Stanford. Stanford has dozens, if not hundreds, of zillionaire tech wizard alumni who could make Oregon look like paupers if the nerds ever decided they wanted a national championship.
Yeah Stanford and ND in football and Duke in basketball have all had success And I agree with you about Stanford’s potential. Its a little easier for Duke because you only need to recruit 3-4 per year in basketball and lots of kids will agree to go to class for 1 year (or 1 semester) since 1 and done works in basketball.

Advertisement
Back