Screenshot_20240327_210023_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_210033_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240327_210043_Firefox.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_205850_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_205850_Firefox.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
We’re talking about the luckiest season of all time, against a trash schedule. And the O line wasn’t great either that year.
Brother I'm done with all this. It doesn't even matter to me. I've spent most of my life playing football. Never spent a day on an offensive line and I know without question what is the most important thing in this game. But it's not even relevant. Also when you were mentioning clemson and lsu since I noticed you didn't reply to that one not only were they not below average the years either of them won championships but they were actually ELITE. out of all the years between the two clemsons 2018 was the worst unit they had and it was 14th. While lsu was 19th in 16 clemson was #1 ranked oline in the country and lsu was #3. That's about the way it was in general throughout those championships.

We’re talking about the luckiest season of all time, against a trash schedule. And the O line wasn’t great either that year.
17 fans on here sure didn't consider any of that trash. Matter of fact when I was the only one sayin how trash Malik was and we'd be better off giving the youth a chance to see what we had everyone argued and said how amazing he was. He set record after record remember. Now I guess it's cause of a weak schedule and an average oline that put 3 or 4 starters into the NFL for long careers off that oline.

17 fans on here sure didn't consider any of that trash. Matter of fact when I was the only one sayin how trash Malik was and we'd be better off giving the youth a chance to see what we had everyone argued and said how amazing he was. He set record after record remember. Now I guess it's cause of a weak schedule and an average oline that put 3 or 4 starters into the NFL for long careers off that oline.
Ay, Not me lol

Advertisement

We weren't the best run blocking Oline, which as a whole is likely whats downgrading out guys except for Mauigoa.
I'd imagine their rating was Lee > Rivers > Cooper or Mauigoa >> Cohen?
And I'm pretty sure Mauigoa graded well for a true freshman at the least. I know he graded well run blocking. He let up quite a few pressures though. I'd definitely assume Cohen was the lowest graded of the bunch though.

Doesn't PFF have full Oline grades as a whole? Even if we had only 1 guy that was top 10-15 at his position, we could still have had one of the better Olines, even by PFFs rating system.

A oline success or failure has nothing to do with anyone but themselves. It's either you made your blocks and held up in protection or got a push up field in run block or you didn't. It's just that simple for them. And I'm not here to convince yall of anything. But this is common sense. If you guys paid attention you'd see how wrong these statements are. ALL dominant teams are built on the backs of interior play. But everyone's entitled to an opinion.
the moment i start putting more defenders in the box, the less successful a run game becomes. the moment i start running more out of lighter personnel package vs lighter packaged defenses, my run game improves. i can improve protections by getting rid of the ball more quickly. all these things influence how an offensive line plays.

if we have to pretend that o-line-play has no outside factors and no dependency from other things, sure, but that's why this great o-line of ours last year at times produced no push in the run game whatsoever. the run game in the nfl last year became much worse because teams, quite simply, put a NT over the C in Nickel. that was it.

qbs drive the win column and the o-line drives the loss column. elite qbs win you titles and the moment your o-line turns to ****, anything else you have either doesn't matter or gets severely hampered. but there comes a point where above average does the job (pause)

Last edited:
the moment i start putting more defenders in the box, the less successful a run game becomes. the moment i start running more out of lighter personnel package vs lighter packaged defenses, my run game improves. i can improve protections by getting rid of the ball more quickly. all these things influence how an offensive line plays.

if we have to pretend that o-line-play has no outside factors and no dependency from other things, sure, but that's why this great o-line of ours last year at times produced no push in the run game whatsoever. the run game in the nfl last year became much worse because teams, quite simply, put a NT over the C in Nickel. that was it.

qbs drive the win column and the o-line drives the loss column. elite qbs win you titles and the moment your o-line turns to ****, anything else you have either doesn't matter or gets severely hampered. but there comes a point where above average does the job (pause)
200.gif

my guy, i love reading your posts, but snarky gif uses won't change my mind one bit.

if you feel that way, cool, i feel differently about it. at least i can explain my position based on what i see on the field and not use the gif of a gator because im too lazy to make an explanation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s a ton of factors so it’s not just a black and white issue but in today’s game the QB is far more important than ever. Game managers don’t win championships anymore. Krenzel as 22 years ago and McElroy was 15 years ago. The game isn’t the same. There’s a reason Jim Harbaugh benched Cade McNamara for JJ McCarthy. One guy was a perfectly fine game manager and the other was a legit play maker who’s going to be a first round draft pick.
While I agree with you about McCarthy being a playmaker, his stats say game manager.

A lot of the examples of teams with good lines and average quarterbacks are teams that didn’t exactly have great offenses. If the team wins 10-11 games but the team’s offense is statistically mediocre, did they really win because of anything on offense?

I saw an example of the 2017 Miami team. Yes, they won 10 games but statistically they were average on offense. The 2016 offense was significantly better even though they won 9 games instead of 10. I don’t want us to model our offenses after teams that had average offenses.

NFL career had nothing to do with college. Miami has had more NFL success at O line than Clemson so why were you hyping their O line, if mone of those guys made it in the league?

Malik won games. That’s all that mattered. I didn’t think he was good but he was the best option at the time. And I know we’re not arguing how lucky that team was.

Advertisement
Back