Jett Duffey

Advertisement
He Completed 65% of his throws with 5 ints on an average team against the big 12. He comes in with the spread experience and maturity while we get our current ones adjusted...I actually like this one. Helps the learning curve for the first games of the season. It’s a win-win IMO

Clearly? It's 7 % pts more and 3 less int's than a baseball player in a prehistoric offense
Yes, clearly better. And in 2017 our team was actually good, even if the offense was retarded. We clearly had/have a **** load more talent than Wake Forrest.

Newman: 7.945 Y/A, 7.20 TD%, 3.05 INT%, 8.01 Adjusted Y/A.

Rosier: 7.518 Y/A, 6.27 TD%, 3.36 INT %, 7.25 Adjusted Y/A.

Those stats are CLEARLY better.

Secondly, PFF listed Newman as literally the 3rd best Returning QB in 2020: https://www.pff.com/news/college-top-10-college-football-quarterbacks-returning-2020 Through the first 11 weeks of the season, he was PFF's 3rd ranked QB of the season. He ended the season slow though.

Advertisement
What was his off the field stuff?

2 counts sexual misconduct and suspended 2 semesters
Arrested for destruction of property outside a bar (supposedly did it right in front of cops)

The other red flag was being 4th string on TT this year with a new staff and fresh start - only played because 2 other guys got hurt.

Arrested for destruction of property outside a bar (supposedly did it right in front of cops)

The other red flag was being 4th string on TT this year with a new staff and fresh start - only played because 2 other guys got hurt.

Yikes .....
How tf did I miss that?? Yeah, uhhh ....

Sexual misconduct?
He ain't coming here.
Move along folks.

Like I said, pr nightmare, not what we need in our lockerroom whatsoever

Advertisement
Not sure he’s better than what we have. We are judging majority of these qbs of them playing in a true spread compared to what we ran last 2 years in a prostyle offense. How much better would Williams or Perry be in a true spread? What would Duffey numbers look like in the system we had last season? Can’t overlook the off the field incident, probably would be a pr nightmare tbh

The problem is they both are slow reading defenses which is not something you want especially with the Oline Miami has. Not saying Duffey is the answer

Would take if we can't get D'Eriq King.

Duffey has good mobility & would thrive in this quick passing attack offense.

Threw for 2,840yds with 18TD's & 5INT's at 65% passing, I'll take that all day over Jarren, Perry or Tate.

King would be huge. The perfect fit.

Him in this type offense would make us explosive as ****.

Threw for 2,840yds with 18TD's & 5INT's at 65% passing, I'll take that all day over Jarren, Perry or Tate.

Looks like a better runner than Jarren but not as good of a passer.

Advertisement
Yea, we can't complain about maturity and knuckleheadedness of the guys in the current QB room and then bring in another knucklehead.

Is it just me or did a few of those throws look like they were behind the receiver?

Advertisement
QB A is Newman. And the stats are clearly better than QB B. Especially if you include his Rushing stats of 574 yards and 6 TDs.

Can you guess who this is:
QB C - 282 for 392 (71.9%), 3,502 yards, 30 TDs, 9 INTs
I
Yes, clearly better. And in 2017 our team was actually good, even if the offense was retarded. We clearly had/have a **** load more talent than Wake Forrest.

Newman: 7.945 Y/A, 7.20 TD%, 3.05 INT%, 8.01 Adjusted Y/A.

Rosier: 7.518 Y/A, 6.27 TD%, 3.36 INT %, 7.25 Adjusted Y/A.

Those stats are CLEARLY better.

Secondly, PFF listed Newman as literally the 3rd best Returning QB in 2020: https://www.pff.com/news/college-top-10-college-football-quarterbacks-returning-2020 Through the first 11 weeks of the season, he was PFF's 3rd ranked QB of the season. He ended the season slow though.
Just like Malik a trick pony

I

Just like Malik a trick pony
Malik Rosier was nowhere near ranked as PFFs top 3 qbs in CFB after 11 weeks, nor was he their 3rd best returning qb entering his senior year.
Secondly the stats clearly show that Newman was actually pretty good, while Rosier wasn't. And again that was in a season where we actually played pretty well, and Rosier padded the **** out of his stats against our trash opponents

Advertisement
Back