Jesiah Pierre and Larry Hodges clips from Rivals Orlando

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like Hodges' footwork to separate late in the route stem. You don't need to be a physical freak to get open if you have that trait (see: Jason Witten, Nick O'Leary, Cam Brate) along with QB chemistry.

I like Hodges' footwork to separate late in the route stem. You don't need to be a physical freak to get open if you have that trait (see: Jason Witten, Nick O'Leary, Cam Brate) along with QB chemistry.

Yep, he's got a great feel.

I like that he was productive running the ball. It speaks to his short-area quicks and balance.

The phrase I heard from UM on Hodges was "baller characteristics." His versatility will help him see the field once he gets his S&C up to par.

I like that he was productive running the ball. It speaks to his short-area quicks and balance.

The phrase I heard from UM on Hodges was "baller characteristics." His versatility will help him see the field once he gets his S&C up to par.

Yeah I get the same vibe from him as I do with Hightower. Very natural, effortless skill level, faster play speed than timed speed, etc.

Advertisement

Hughes is thicker than I thought

good modern offenses like oklahoma and auburn really utilize the h-back a lot--this is a good article about how the TE/h-back role can fit into the spread https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...flex-tight-end-jordan-leggett-jake-butt-saban

having a guy who can block on run plays but attack space in the passing game is important especially if you want to create mismatches through tempo. hodges seems like he could credibly fill the herndon/jordan role, and if brevin is as good as everyone thinks he'll be then hodges will have some time to develop. i think he's a really interesting prospect.

Advertisement
Man Hodges looks like a player man. Very versatile H-Back, TE....forget stars , kids looks like a gamer....

Why do they allow the LBs to do so much grabbing at these events

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. Such a huge need in today’s pass first game.

Saw we offered back on Jan. 18th. Dude is 6-3 at 225. 247 has us a "warm" for his recruiting. He's the type of kid that'll go from a 3 star to a high 4 star. Would not mind at all if we stayed on him and picked him up.

Advertisement
Back