Jerry Drake

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some say huge upside with this kid...Suprised we haven't heard more. But no I don't think those SEC west offers are legit. Left tackle that's kinda raw but big upside from what I've read.

Advertisement
Curious as to why we never went after this kid. A little raw, but he looks the part.

Curious as to why we never went after this kid. A little raw, but he looks the part.

Same. Heard very mixed reviews on him. I personally liked his tape. I would want to see his SR highlights first to make a final ruling tho. Only seen his JR tape.

I loved his clips but saw him at a camp and he didn't look as good or as physically impressive.

Advertisement
Thanks D. That would make sense. I also liked his clips. Guess coaches saw what you saw when they evaluated him in person.

[video=youtube_share;bYnZu4IgyeI]http://youtu.be/bYnZu4IgyeI[/video]

His feet and legs look like they are stuck in quicksand looking at his highlights and that video.

Thanks for posting the video. Nothing impressive about Herbert and Telfort. They look exactly the same. Nice frames but really raw and needs to add muscle.

Slaton is a legit stud at GUARD.

Advertisement
I loved his clips but saw him at a camp and he didn't look as good or as physically impressive.

Did he look fat? Or lacking strength? Slow feet?

In those few clips, his feet and kick step looked very slow....which means he would have to kick inside to guard if he isn't able to improve. The problem is, you don't want guards being 6'7 for 2 reasons.....they can lose leverage in the run game against shorter, stout DTs and make it difficult for QBs to see/throw over. Not saying it can't be done, it's just no ideal.

Did he look fat? Or lacking strength? Slow feet?

In those few clips, his feet and kick step looked very slow....which means he would have to kick inside to guard if he isn't able to improve. The problem is, you don't want guards being 6'7 for 2 reasons.....they can lose leverage in the run game against shorter, stout DTs and make it difficult for QBs to see/throw over. Not saying it can't be done, it's just no ideal.

Thanks for the input, appreciate it

saw him in action int he one on ones and he was stiff as ****. slow feet...loked like a real project...and not a kid i think athletic enough to just tay out wide at tackle.

Advertisement
Back