2024 Jerrick Gibson RB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not necessarily a pure straight line blazer, but he’s got very good quickness & footwork.

He’s fast enough, but not every RB has to be a sub 4.4 in order to succeed.
Yep. I never understood why so many people overlook traits like patience, vision, contact balance, etc vs being so heavily focused on a kids size/speed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Speed isn't nearly as important at RB as it is at WR/CB. Anything 4.45-4.55 is fast enough for a RB. I'd actually say most top NFL Rbs actually aren't the ones that had the fastest 40 at the combine.

Evidence:

Deandre Swift ran 4.48, Cam Akers ran 4.47, Miles Sanders ran 4.49, Nick Chubb ran 4.52, Christian McCaffrey ran 4.48, Dalvin Cook ran 4.49, Aaron Jones ran 4.56, Alvin Kamara ran 4.56, Kareem Hunt ran 4.62, Zeke ran 4.47, Derrick Henry ran 4.54, Melvin Gordon 4.52, Todd Gurley 4.52....

Speed isn't nearly as important at RB as it is at WR/CB. Anything 4.45-4.55 is fast enough for a RB. I'd actually say most top NFL Rbs actually aren't the ones that had the fastest 40 at the combine.

Evidence:

Deandre Swift ran 4.48, Cam Akers ran 4.47, Miles Sanders ran 4.49, Nick Chubb ran 4.52, Christian McCaffrey ran 4.48, Dalvin Cook ran 4.49, Aaron Jones ran 4.56, Alvin Kamara ran 4.56, Kareem Hunt ran 4.62, Zeke ran 4.47, Derrick Henry ran 4.54, Melvin Gordon 4.52, Todd Gurley 4.52....
Speed is important, but 4.55 is generally fast enough if the RB has other elite traits.

I think it will be difficult to evalute Jerrick this season because his O-line blocking will be elite. Hopefully we can use those lineman to sell him on the program and running lanes that will be open at the U for the foreseeable future.

Watch this junior tape and you tell me who the best player on the field is. I’ll give you a clue he plays left tackle and wears 61. I’ve never watched a RB highlight tape and be so drawn to an offensive lineman. Francis Mauigoa is unbelievable! Watching this man pull is something no high school defense can prepare for lol

In terms of Jerrick, this highlight tape is meh. I watched him play in full games so I’m a believer but whoever did this tape must be trying to sabotage his ranking lol

Advertisement
Watch this junior tape and you tell me who the best player on the field is. I’ll give you a clue he plays left tackle and wears 61. I’ve never watched a RB highlight tape and be so drawn to an offensive lineman. Francis Mauigoa is unbelievable! Watching this man pull is something no high school defense can prepare for lol

In terms of Jerrick, this highlight tape is meh. I watched him play in full games so I’m a believer but whoever did this tape must be trying to sabotage his ranking lol

Mauigoa is special. Jerrick looks better in drills with no pads on then in game imo

Lol on the 2nd snap Mauigoa pulled and got downfield 30 yrs before the rb

Yep. I never why so many people overlook traits like patience, vision, contact balance, etc vs being so heavily focused on a kids size/speed.
It’s the Legend of the 40yd sprint. That one event in the scouting combine, has made more draft hopefuls into millionaires, and gotten more GMs fired than any one single event. Thanks Tex Schramm, 🤣😂🤣

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back