Jerome Washington

Not mad at this, another scholarship available, probably be some more guys leaving from the o-line

Advertisement
What happened here? He is leaving?
From fat Tim just now
Tight end Jerome Washington leaving the Miami Hurricanes, school announces. He appeared in 9 games last season, mostly on special teams.

just saw that...i blame the op lol...jk...how big a loss u think it is? His potential is huge.

With the addition of Michael Irvin Jr and Haskins and Njoku and Herndon already here it's not a big deal

What happened here? He is leaving?
From fat Tim just now
Tight end Jerome Washington leaving the Miami Hurricanes, school announces. He appeared in 9 games last season, mostly on special teams.

just saw that...i blame the op lol...jk...how big a loss u think it is? His potential is huge.

I thought he had high potential as well but he was our 4th string tightend. I don't think he would have seen playing time this year but the next year after that he definitely would have had a role if njoku leaves early

that's what I was thinking too...also with Stan being done..he would've probably been the 1st string..guess he didn't want to wait but you're gonna lose a year of eligibility anyway if you xfer so i dont get it..best of luck to him tho

"UM coach Mark Richt said he supports Washington’s decision to “step away from football.”

Miami Hurricanes tight end Jerome Washington stepping away from football | Canes Watch

Looks like he is quitting football

Yep
“Playing football at the University of Miami was a wonderful experience, but at this time, I feel it is in my best interest to step away from the game,” Washington said. “I can’t thank this institution enough for allowing me the opportunity to play college football at the highest level.” - See more at: Miami Hurricanes tight end Jerome Washington stepping away from football | Canes Watch

Advertisement
Not mad at this, another scholarship available, probably be some more guys leaving from the o-line

I think someone should keep track of that lower part of each recruiting class and see how it does since stars don't matter and all. I'm sure we will get the few Ed Reed was a 2 star, but generally speaking, it matters. Thankfully we seem to be moving in right direction.

We've had very little luck with JUCO recruiting over the last several years. Aside from Gunter, the list of flame outs includes Sandland, Wyche, and Washington. I expect Jones to join this list.

Advertisement
Wish the young man well. Positive is it frees up a scholie for next year. Can sign an additional LB and CB with him and what's his name moving on.

maybe he's getting more screen time on the Family Guy? Best of luck to the young man.

Go Canes!

%255BTV+Show%255D+Family+Guy+-+807+-+Jerome+Is+the+New+Black+%25282009%2529.png

Advertisement
Pretty sure Golden wasted a year for the kid. I think he played in a few games.

Redshirt or not, it works out the same...either he had already used his redshirt but then he would lose a year while sitting out as a transfer, or as is the case this time, he still has his redshirt, so he'll use that while sitting out and can maintain 3 years of eligibility after sitting out.

And yes, he played 9 games per TOS.

Wish the young man all the best in life. We have talent and depth at TE. we'll be just fine without him

Advertisement
He didn't go to JUCO.. He took classes at a community college, but played for a prep team. This why he had 4 years available to him right off the rip. He could of redshirted tho. Kid was big and athletic. He's better then Haskins and Irvin.

really didnt even know he was on the team some impact ill take irvin and haskins all day already know the known lets see what the unknowed can produce cant be any worse than that jag.

He didn't go to JUCO.. He took classes at a community college, but played for a prep team. This why he had 4 years available to him right off the rip. He could of redshirted tho. Kid was big and athletic. He's better then Haskins and Irvin.

Not sure what you are talking about. Everyone seems to refer to him as JUCO.

CORAL GABLES — Notes from Greentree Practice Fields, where the Nike logos are already seem outdated …

JUCO TE signs: On the first day of the junior college signing period, Miami landed Jerome Washington, the top-ranked JUCO tight end in the nation.

Washington, listed at 6-foot-5 and 255 pounds, will enroll in January and have four years of eligibility. Washington, rated four stars by 247Sports.com, Rivals.com and ESPN.com, attends Mercer (N.J.) Community College and played for Gattaca Football, a club team in nearby Trenton, N.J.

He was ranked the 16th-best junior college recruit in the nation by the 247Sports composite ratings. ESPN rates him 19th overall.

“Great character kid,” UM coach Al Golden said. “He’s coming in 6-4-and-change and 263 pounds. … Big, physical kid who can go get the ball. This is where he wanted to be, he made no bones around it. … [tight ends coach] Larry [Scott] did a great job with him, and [offensive coordinator] James [Coley].”

Coley said UM Assistant Director of Player Personnel Jorge Baez was first to notice Washington, and “we were first on him.”

“He’s a big kid just hidden away. It’s a remarkable story,” Coley said.

Washington was an unknown after graduating from Stony Brook (N.Y.) School in 2012. He played a post-grad season at The Gunnery in Washington, Conn. and did not receive much attention from colleges until this season. Before committing to UM in November, Washington was contacted by coaches from Alabama, Nebraska, Rutgers and Washington.

“We did a real thorough evaluation,” Golden said. “Probably like 20 [schools] offered him in a very short period of time. He got stronger. He’s a worker. He’s smart. He has all the requisite skills.

“In his heart, he knew he could play at the highest level. There’s all different paths to get there.”

Miami’s returnees at tight end include Standish Dobard and Chris Herndon, both of whom will play a large role in UM’s meeting with South Carolina in the Dec. 27 Duck Commander Independence Bowl. Starter and Mackey Award finalist Clive Walford, an NFL-bound senior, had knee surgery earlier this month. Coach Al Golden said Walford will not play in the bowl.

Golden said UM is expecting one more junior college signee. That is likely offensive lineman Jahair Jones, who committed earlier this week. Jones, however, is reportedly still considering Virginia Tech.

Advertisement
Back