Jerome Brown

caneULM

Recruit
Its been almost 25 years since his passing. I remember Reggie White speaking on a crusade in Philly and announced his death. There was a big awwwwww from the crowd and everything went quiet. This guy was HOF bound. Could be blocked one on one. Really miss the guy.

Advertisement
If the :neonu: had our own version of Mt. Rushmore, Mr. Brown would certainly be there.

Think we have done this before, but man it would be tough to come up with just 4. If you stick to just players from the 80s on maybe:

Brown, Irvin, Reed & Santana?

Advertisement
Jerome and Cunningham is why I became an eagles fan as a kid.

If Jerome had lived his impact on the league would've been epic. Definitely a future hof. Dude was a monster.

Dude was a sack machine on third down. I remember it like yesterday. Opposing team backed up in the west endzone. The Ibis gets the crowd going, the OB starts to shake. QB calls a timeout because he can't communicate. OB starts to shake again as they line up, monster sack by Jerome Brown. The crowd goes wild.

He and Kennedy were two of the best along with Maryland and Sapp...That's a Wall of Fame Class at Tackle...

Jerome Brown one of many great DT's produced by Miami. No other school in NCAA can match Miami's lineage at the DT position.

At 95% of schools in the NCAA Jerome Brown would be the clear cut greatest ever produced but at Miami you have Warren Sapp, Cortez Kennedy and Vince Wilfork....all of which can be part of the debate (Wilfork Polly least accomplished but still great player!)

You would probably have to pick 3-4 schools and combine to them in order to come close to Miami's group.

Cortez Kennedy, Jerome Brown, Jim Burt, Vince Wilfork, Warren Sapp, Ruben Carter, Kanard Lang, Gary Dunn, Don Smith, Eddie Edwards, Russell Maryland, Jimmie Jones, Mike Barnes, Damien Lewis and you could probably include Calais Campbell to this already stellar and unmatched group.

I left off first founders like Lester Williams, Bill Hawkins William Joseph and others as well as Al Carapela who played in a pro bowl but you see how strong this group is.

Advertisement
I was born in '83 so I missed being able to see him play for the canes, for the guys that did what game would you say is his most memorable or dominant?

We would need a rushmore for both offense and defense. This would be a good seperate topic. :)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

If the :neonu: had our own version of Mt. Rushmore, Mr. Brown would certainly be there.

Think we have done this before, but man it would be tough to come up with just 4. If you stick to just players from the 80s on maybe:

Brown, Irvin, Reed & Santana?

Reed and Santana from late 90's- early 2000's.

Sticking to the 80's Brown would definitely be top 4

I said from the 80s on, meaning from the 80s to present day

Advertisement
Dude was a sack machine on third down. I remember it like yesterday. Opposing team backed up in the west endzone. The Ibis gets the crowd going, the OB starts to shake. QB calls a timeout because he can't communicate. OB starts to shake again as they line up, monster sack by Jerome Brown. The crowd goes wild.

What memories. All that QB pee was why the grass was always dead there. Wasn't it Jerome who snapped Troy Aikman's leg like a twitch and save his career by getting him out of OU? May The big Miami Boy rest in peace.

We would need a rushmore for both offense and defense. This would be a good seperate topic. :)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

We would need the entire mountain range and it would need to be by position, DL(probably need 2 or 3 mountains), LBs, DBs(three for safeties alone), WRs, RBs, TEs, QBs(and you would need to leave our either a Hesiman or couple NC qbs), heck even our kickers -- you know the ones who made the field goals while noles played horseshoes. Oline has a few, but not like the others.

Advertisement
It's literally impossible to have a Mt Rushmore for this school. It would have to be based upon decades.

You need a whole fūcking mountain range.

That's the truth and you people know it.

LMFAOOOOO at the turds and semenholes with their lineup of all-time assclowns and posers.

Jerome Brown one of many great DT's produced by Miami. No other school in NCAA can match Miami's lineage at the DT position.

At 95% of schools in the NCAA Jerome Brown would be the clear cut greatest ever produced but at Miami you have Warren Sapp, Cortez Kennedy and Vince Wilfork....all of which can be part of the debate (Wilfork Polly least accomplished but still great player!)

You would probably have to pick 3-4 schools and combine to them in order to come close to Miami's group.

Cortez Kennedy, Jerome Brown, Jim Burt, Vince Wilfork, Warren Sapp, Ruben Carter, Kanard Lang, Gary Dunn, Don Smith, Eddie Edwards, Russell Maryland, Jimmie Jones, Mike Barnes, Damien Lewis and you could probably include Calais Campbell to this already stellar and unmatched group.

I left off first founders like Lester Williams, Bill Hawkins William Joseph and others as well as Al Carapela who played in a pro bowl but you see how strong this group is.

Anyone old enough to remember Ruben and Lester should realize how hard it would be to pick a top four. They were beasts. Heck, you have our first Outland winner the 1st pick of the NFL draft, Maryland to an also ran status. That is both proof of our greatness and the impossibly pick a top 4.

I think Hawkins was a DE not a DT. But DEs have they own greats, including for me the greatest Cane of all time, with all respect to the others, Ted the Mad Stork Hendricks. Best we just stick to DTs.

Advertisement
Back