Jerome Brown

Advertisement
Hawkins played both in the NFL. Campbell same thing. Another guy I didn't mention was Kevin ***an but I'm pretty sure he just chilled at DE. I think he still holds the UM bench press record (555 or something like that).

Great guy. He was a load of fun. Pure natural athlete. Not a workout warrior but that didn't mean ****. It came very easy for him. Absolute beast.

If the :neonu: had our own version of Mt. Rushmore, Mr. Brown would certainly be there.

Think we have done this before, but man it would be tough to come up with just 4. If you stick to just players from the 80s on maybe:

Brown, Irvin, Reed & Santana?

Reed and Santana from late 90's- early 2000's.

Sticking to the 80's Brown would definitely be top 4

I said from the 80s on, meaning from the 80s to present day

Better narrow that down, I don't think they make mountains that big.

Jerome Brown one of many great DT's produced by Miami. No other school in NCAA can match Miami's lineage at the DT position.

At 95% of schools in the NCAA Jerome Brown would be the clear cut greatest ever produced but at Miami you have Warren Sapp, Cortez Kennedy and Vince Wilfork....all of which can be part of the debate (Wilfork Polly least accomplished but still great player!)

You would probably have to pick 3-4 schools and combine to them in order to come close to Miami's group.

Cortez Kennedy, Jerome Brown, Jim Burt, Vince Wilfork, Warren Sapp, Ruben Carter, Kanard Lang, Gary Dunn, Don Smith, Eddie Edwards, Russell Maryland, Jimmie Jones, Mike Barnes, Damien Lewis and you could probably include Calais Campbell to this already stellar and unmatched group.

I left off first founders like Lester Williams, Bill Hawkins William Joseph and others as well as Al Carapela who played in a pro bowl but you see how strong this group is.

I thought he's been forgotten. I can't remember the last time I heard this name mentioned on a message board. He was Miami's first consensus All-American. From my father's hometown Tuckahoe, NY.

Advertisement
Him and Sapp were the best dts I've ever seen. Sapp to me is the best all time.... But if jerome finished his career it would have rivaled Sapp's

Singlehandedly destroyed OU three years in a row....

He and White weren't fair for the rest of the NFL...

Advertisement
Its been almost 25 years since his passing. I remember Reggie White speaking on a crusade in Philly and announced his death. There was a big awwwwww from the crowd and everything went quiet. This guy was HOF bound. Could be blocked one on one. Really miss the guy.

My favorite Cane of all time and that's saying something. Jerome truly was the embodiment of what it meant to wear that uniform. Jerome was the very personification of what attracted us to this program. Jerome was the essence of what the nation came to know as "Swagger". Jerome was to the DT position what Sean Taylor was to the safety position in terms of sheer dominance. He was taken from us much too soon. There hasn't been anyone like Jerome since and sadly there may never be. Jerome was one of kind. RIP.

Advertisement
Back