Jermaine Burton SIAP

There is nothing to disagree about. When there is proof you dont need a big wr. Where is the patriots big wr? Manning didn't have big wrs with the colts. Saints dont have a big wr. And look at the top 5 wrs in the nfl and only 1 is over 6'1.

LOL you can't be serious...

Where to start with this foolishness...

-top 5? = nice sample size...Also I'm assuming J.Jones is your one...But if all of AJ Green, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Adam Theilen, Mike Evans miss your top 5, I'd really like to see who is in it? Not to mention JJSS who is rising fast.

-Manning and Brady and Brees= Not on UM's roster. Also Michael Thomas is 6'3?

-NFL = Not college football

Again there may be one 6'1 guy on the original list on this thread to begin with... Like I said we'll agree to disagree and I like all those kids listed obviously.

Last edited:
Advertisement

-top 5? = nice sample size...Also I'm assuming J.Jones is your one...But if all of AJ Green, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Adam Theilen, Mike Evans miss your top 5, I'd really like to see who is in it? Not to mention JJSS who is rising fast.

Again there may be one 6'1 guy on the original list on this thread to begin with... Like I said we'll agree to disagree and I like all those kids listed obviously.

AB84, Julio, OBJ, Hopkins, Mike Evans.... two are taller than 6’1

Advertisement
Would take that WR class that you all are debating on every day and twice on Sunday and so would every other school in the country.

Would love to add Burton back in the fold but unfortunately I’d be surprised if we circled back on him.

Even with just college i gave you bama as a example. There tallest receiver was 6'2 irv smith who was a te/hb. Osu top 3 wrs was 6'0, 6'0, 5'10 and they all were fast as ****. Like i said its about putting ballers on the field not trying to match up sizes to positions.

I dont get how grades could be an issue and UCLA be a possibility. If anyone knows anything about UCLA athlete admissions its that they have elevated standards and regularly deny kids.

I get there are reasons he probably wont land here, but if he ends up at UCLA or somewhere like that, it's not grades. Honestly, same goes with UGA. Since Richt got hired we havent been denying kids who are NCAA qualifiers. If the kid qualifies, grades arent the reason he didnt pick us

Advertisement
Let's see what happens with George Pickens at UGA. His grades, etc were pretty bad. UGA lost one last year to JUCO because they couldn't get him in. It's been quiet about Pickens right now...

That’s plenty of size. These guys are always crying for giant WRs, then they wind up hating all of them. Just get me guys who get open and catch the ball.

Simple as that
Good WR’s come in all shapes and sizes. I’d take a WR core full of Jeff Thomas’ physical skill set wise all day and he may be a hair over 5’10. Miss me with that.

Let's see what happens with George Pickens at UGA. His grades, etc were pretty bad. UGA lost one last year to JUCO because they couldn't get him in. It's been quiet about Pickens right now...
Pickens is also twice the player that Nadab Joseph was. Pickens will get in simply because he’s good enough

Advertisement
Simple as that
Good WR’s come in all shapes and sizes. I’d take a WR core full of Jeff Thomas’ physical skill set wise all day and he may be a hair over 5’10. Miss me with that.
No idea where this goofy **** about having to have a certain amount of WRs over 6’2 started. These bozos sound like Folden with that formulaic ****.

Get the best guys. Period. If they’re tall that’s great. If they’re not that’s great too.

That’s plenty of size. These guys are always crying for giant WRs, then they wind up hating all of them. Just get me guys who get open and catch the ball.

This. they expect every big wideout to be Calvin Johnson because their high school tape is them catching balls over a bunch of smurfs and then get ****ed when they turn out to be Tommy Streeter instead of Randy Moss.

Advertisement
No idea where this goofy **** about having to have a certain amount of WRs over 6’2 started. These bozos sound like Folden with that formulaic ****.

Get the best guys. Period. If they’re tall that’s great. If they’re not that’s great too.

thankfully, most of this formulaic height/weight **** died with Alf and Randall. But, it's still alive and well with Rump, to a lesser extent. He has admitted favoring guys of a certain size.

Advertisement
Back